Thread: Bear carnage review

Bear carnage review

I was able to put 100+ shots thru the carnage yesterday. The setup on the bow was a breeze and it was shooting bullet holes thru the paper and i never had to make an adjustment with the rest. I did shoot the attack last year i this bow is similiar but improvements have been made. First the grip is slimmer and feels much better to me. I actually like it and i am shooting the bow very well. The string is another major improvement. I have had no peep rotation problems and the serving seems thicker and much improved over the attack. I will check the paper tuning thursday but the string has surpassed my expectations. The finish on the bow is flawless and the cams have no tooling marks which i saw on some attacks last year. The bow is extremely well balanced, quiet and i didnt pay any attention to hand shock so it must have been ok. At the end of the week it will replace my 07 tribute which has already taken down 2 does this year which is saying something since i love this bow. The draw cycle is not the smoothest i have ever felt but not bad but at full draw you can hold it all day. The valley is nice and the back wall is not mushy like some prev bear bows. I ran several arrows last night thru my prochrony last night and here is what i have: 388 grain arrow=291 fps, 357 grain arrow=302 fps, 310 grain arrow=320 fps. The bow is set up at 61lbs and has a kisser button, string loop, and g5 1/4 meta peep on the string. I am very pleased with the speed which is much faster than an attack i ran thru last year. I am sure the 310 grain arrow was probably under spined. I the arrows thru 4 times each and had a duplicate ready on all but one shot and it was 1fps slower. Overall very consistent speeds. I love the bow.

What is the draw set at? Nice review

29 inch draw

I think Bear will have a great year with the Carnage.
    A man's got to know his limitations!

Sounds pretty good, according to my calculations, assuming 25 grains on the string, it is living up closely to IBO at about 341-342 fps. That's also assuming you have it dialed in and in spec, so that's pretty good.

I triple checked the 61 lbs for draw weight so i know it is correct and it came from the factory as a 29 inch draw and it feels like it. I shoot 29 inch on my other bows and this feels the same.

I love the review....I am looking very closely at getting one of these bows! Is the draw cycle even more harsh than the Attack or would you say it is smoother than the Attack? I felt like the Attack had a little bit harsher draw cycle than what I am used to with the Truth 2....but granted they are faster bows.

Just wondering man, really glad you got this review out there for us!
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 Blackout Heritage Series

The draw cycle is a litle better than the attack but they do feel similiar. Its valley is really nice and you can hold it a long time if needed. The more i shoot it the better the draw cycle feels. It appears i am not getting any string stretch or peep alignment problems on the bow which has been a pleasant surprise.

Awesome man....Thanks so much for the review and keep us posted on how you like....you may be hearing from me again later on if I get a little more serious about it! Hope you like it man it sure looks like a great bow!
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 Blackout Heritage Series

Good review....appears to be the hottest single cam for 2011 if you ask me. Hats off to Bear!

Well if they have fixed the grip I might have to trade in my assault
    2010 Bear Assault, doinker multirod (custom 11 inch) HHA ds 5519
    SIXX STRINGS ADDING X's TO EVERYTHING WE DO!! www.sixxstrings.com
    Quote Originally Posted by fletched View Post
    It may be brown, but it ain't fudge they are trying to feed to us AT members.

bear carnage

the carnage is really really nice. i picked one up about a week ago and had zero problems setting it up and tuning it. no twisting cables or messing with a bunch of different arrow weights, like my z7... which is also a great bow... the carnage has an excellent draw cycle and is very smooth. the quality of the camo dip and machine work, especially on the cams, is pretty amazing. i like the simple thin grip and the best part is that i get good speed that is quiet and hand shock free. i am glad that bear stepped up their game this year. this bow is certainly as good if not better than most.

the only tough part is that if you own a press, I have a toad press, you may not be able to use it. bear is pretty specific about how to press this bow. other than that non- bow related issue, the carnage is up at that top of list for 2011.

Chronographed the Carnage at 63lbs, with a 385 grain arrow at 29inches and hit 300 fps. This included string leaches and d-loop. No peep. Think that puts the IBO just under 345.

cool, nice review

how do you adjust draw length?????

Sounds like Bear hit a homerun with the carnage, if I was looking to buy a single cam, the carnage would be high on my list.

I shot a Carnage a few weeks back and was pleasantly suprised. Its smooth, quiet and smok'in fast for a 7" BH solocam. Fit/finish also looked very good but still don't care for the dual supressor arms. If I wanted another solocam this would be it. Great bow.
    2013 Elite Answer
    2014 Xpedition Archery XRing 6

B-Stinger / HHA / QAD / CX Maxima / RAGE / Center Circle & Retrieverfishin strings

This bow is awsome for the money ...bought one back in feb. And love it!!!......draw lenght is easy changed with the same modules as the attack,no press reqd......bought mine with a qad hunter rest,hit man 5 sight,trophy ridge stabilizer and 5 arrow quiver,and half a dozen carbon express pile driver 350's, under $850 to the door,and you couldn't trade me 2 z7's for it!!!

i heard you can shoot one pin to like 30 yrds with this bow is it true?

Great review, this is one of the Bows I'm looking into for getting back into the sport.

Is anyone having an issue with the short ATA length on this bow.
    I shoot both fingers and release aid, and I'm a little concerned about pinching.
    Staff Shooter for Dead Center Archery, ProLine Bowstrings Field Staff, IBO Member
    Bear Anarchy APG (Hunting/3D): 70# DW(62#@27.75") QAD Ultra Rest HD, G5 Peep, HHA OL-5519 Sight, Apex Quiver, Dead Center Archery Stabs 10" Main 8" Side.
    Bear Anarchy Shadow (Target): 60# DW(53#@27.75") QAD Ultra Hunter Rest, G5 Peep, Sword Titan Sight (.010" 4x lens), Dead Center Archery Stabs 24" Main, 12" Side

Quote Originally Posted by fjordheim View Post
    the carnage is really really nice. i picked one up about a week ago and had zero problems setting it up and tuning it. no twisting cables or messing with a bunch of different arrow weights, like my z7... which is also a great bow... the carnage has an excellent draw cycle and is very smooth. the quality of the camo dip and machine work, especially on the cams, is pretty amazing. i like the simple thin grip and the best part is that i get good speed that is quiet and hand shock free. i am glad that bear stepped up their game this year. this bow is certainly as good if not better than most.

the only tough part is that if you own a press, I have a toad press, you may not be able to use it. bear is pretty specific about how to press this bow. other than that non- bow related issue, the carnage is up at that top of list for 2011.
    just updating my thoughts on this bow. have several of the 2012 flagship bows... this carnage is still easily still my favorite. it is accurate, fast enough, and whisper quiet. the more i shoot it the more i like it. my Rkt is another great shooting bow but has a dramatically different feel to it. the carnage holds like it is a much longer ATA bow. the quality is still first rate. Don't listen to anyone who says this bow isn't a contender with any other bow out there. it is a superb in almost every way. my only wish is that they would changed the compound of the string suppressors to last longer. i go through many sets in a year. i have an Athens recluse coming in about a week, i am looking forward to shooting a bow that is second to none in quality. i will post a reveiw on it after i have shot it for some time.

the carnage is still the only bow i have had that i was completely happy with and didn't want to sell or upgrade the following year.

I shot the Bear Carnage this past week. A friend of my just bought one. I just it and man is it nice!! I been shooting Elite bows for 2 years and love them! I have to tell you Bear archery came along way my friends!! I myself will be holding a Bear Carnage in my hands this archery season!! Great job. Bear Archery!!!

I shot the Bear Carnage this past week. A friend of my just bought one. I just it shot a few times man is it nice!! I been shooting Elite bows for 2 years and love them! I have to tell you Bear archery came along way my friends!! I myself will be holding a Bear Carnage in my hands this archery season!! Great job. Bear Archery!!!