Thread: Paladino folds

Paladino folds

ad his puppeteer is mad.
    http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...is-endorsement
    An Orthodox rabbi says he's withdrawing his endorsement of New York gubernatorial candidate Carl Paladino because the Republican apologized for comments he made about gays. Rabbi Yehuda Levin, who represents an umbrella organization of ultra-Orthodox clerics, accused Paladino on Wednesday of bowing to political pressure when he apologized for saying children shouldn't be "brainwashed" into thinking homosexuality is acceptable. Levin -- speaking in New York City in front of St. Patrick's Cathedral -- says he can't support Paladino's campaign "until such time as he straightens out."
    of course, they are mad cause Paladino backed down from the statements his master had written for him

"It was in a prepared statement, with a submission that came from the rabbis that we were talking to," he said, later clarifying that he's not sure who wrote it. Paladino said he "scratched out" that section while reviewing the text in the car before the event.

man read prepared statement by others, his MASTERS, and then caves to media pressure

Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

It's funny to hear religious people talking about *others* being "brainwashed" haha
    Allegiance
    GTO Ninja "Michaelized"
    True nobility does not lay in being superior to another man, but in being superior to ones previous self.

Quote Originally Posted by vyrtual View Post
    It's funny to hear religious people talking about *others* being "brainwashed" haha
    Especially orthodox religious folk of any ilk. But hey, God wants women to wear veils hiding their faces and wants men to wear funny hats with curly side burns and wants people in tents to start babbling and claiming they're speaking angelic languages.
    "Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!" -- Christopher Hitchens

ny is screwed...this is really the best they have to offer? cuomo or paladino? you guys were better off with spitzer.

Quote Originally Posted by fap1800 View Post
    ny is screwed...this is really the best they have to offer? cuomo or paladino? you guys were better off with spitzer.
    I agree. Had Paladino stood his ground, it would have at least made voting for him less painful than it will already be.
    Ron Paul

2008 Hoyt Katera XL in Inferno
    2008 Hoyt Katera XL in APG Camo

Doesn't sound like it was "his" ground to begin with. The whole scenario is pathetic on his part.

It's really a pattern of behavior on his part, though. Regarding Andrew Cuomo's supposed marriage infidelity:

September 30, 2010:

Pushed again for proof of the accusation against Cuomo, Paladino told the Post, "At the appropriate time you will hear it."

On Wednesday, Paladino accused Cuomo of cheating on then wife Kerry Kennedy and challenged the media to find dirt on the Democrat instead of him.

"Has anybody asked Andrew Cuomo about his paramours?" Paladino asked Politico.com in an interview.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/carl-...ry?id=11768513

Then, on October 4, 2010:

"This campaign is not about my family - it's not about divorces or affairs. It's about who has a plan to restore prosperity and economic growth to New York State."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dai...#ixzz12R9zxilM

Funny what happens when it comes to light that you have 2 families.

Personally, I couldn't give two craps what either of these candidates do with their personal lives. I didn't care that Spitzer had an affair, I didn't care that Clinton had an affair, and I don't care if either of these candidates do either.

Having a candidate with a squeaky clean family life would be wonderful, but it ain't gonna get NY out of this hole.
    Ron Paul

2008 Hoyt Katera XL in Inferno
    2008 Hoyt Katera XL in APG Camo

Quote Originally Posted by CherryJu1ce View Post
    Personally, I couldn't give two craps what either of these candidates do with their personal lives. I didn't care that Spitzer had an affair, I didn't care that Clinton had an affair, and I don't care if either of these candidates do either.

Having a candidate with a squeaky clean family life would be wonderful, but it ain't gonna get NY out of this hole.
    Oh, I don't care either. I just hate "family values" politicians because most of them are huge hypocrites. "I have to protect my children -- I mean the ones from my wife and my mistress -- against those evil homosexuals who are out to destroy American families!" I also hate "family values" voters.

Quote Originally Posted by CherryJu1ce View Post
    well if nj can do it then ny should certainly be able to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    I also hate "family values" voters.
    that's a bit over the top...you preach about people being bigoted towards gays and then throw out hate...what's wrong with a family values voter? is it so bad for a voter to want a politician that has a good stable family life? obama fits that bill. it speaks of character. i would certainly consider an individual's character before voting for him/her. its certainly not at the top but it is definitely considered.

Quote Originally Posted by fap1800 View Post
    that's a bit over the top...you preach about people being bigoted towards gays and then throw out hate...what's wrong with a family values voter? is it so bad for a voter to want a politician that has a good stable family life? obama fits that bill. it speaks of character. i would certainly consider an individual's character before voting for him/her. its certainly not at the top but it is definitely considered.
    I'm talking about people who vote the social conservative line because they want to legislate morality/private behavior to other people, such as the people who support bans of sodomy. They often wrap themselves in the mantle of protecting the "American family," which is nonsense.

Doesn't sound like it was "his" ground to begin with. The whole scenario is pathetic on his part.

It's really a pattern of behavior on his part, though. Regarding Andrew Cuomo's supposed marriage infidelity:

September 30, 2010:

nope, he went in to say what he was told to say
    Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

September 30, 2010:

No kidding> Here read this speech we have written for you........ and he did and he looked really really bad reading it......
    Fair and Balanced with a splash of Sarcasm, and pinch of Reason

It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.