Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the perfect hunting bow (LOL)

Exclamation Looking for the perfect hunting bow (LOL)

Here are some of the things I'm looking for:
    Draw length of 26 to 26 1/2 inch
    Must have speeds of no less than 290fps @ 60 to 65lbs with 325gr arrow
    be forgiving
    great grip
    smooth draw
    good valley and wall
    little or no vib, quite
    under 4.5 lbs
    AtA 29 to 35 inches

How many bows in 2010, 2011 can you think of that would be the perfect hunting bow

The PSE AXE 6 will do that easy! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I wonder who has a like new Axe 6 for sale??? LOL!
    *PSE Matt Forest Green "Dominator Pro 3D Max" for Outdoor 3D. (AKA: BOOGER) *PSE Matt Forest Green "REVO" for hunting. (AKA: YOGURT) ...........................May Da Schwartz Be With You!!!

2008 Hoyt Vectrix Plus with 28" DL @ 60 lb, Extreme Strings and Cables, 28" .340 Gold Tip XT Hunter arrows, 100 grain DRT Broadheads, Trophy Ridge REACT Sight, FUSE Whisker Biscuit, Tranquilizer - Golden Key Archery Stabilizer, Tight Spot Arrow Quiver, & black wrist sling

Quote Originally Posted by blakeman View Post
    How many bows in 2010, 2011 can you think of that would be the perfect hunting bow

That all depends on whos buying it, everyone will have a different opinion. Go shoot them all.

sounds like you are in the market for a new PSE or martin to me.....

Athens! I'm shooting 26.5 inches and 70 lbs...getting 284-285 out of a 372 grain arrow. Smoothest draw I've found yet on a two cam, plenty fast for me, grip is awesome, good brace height, quiet, solid wall. Nothing about this bow I don't like.
    USMC Infantry, 3 Tours to Iraq.
    Athens Accomplice 32 Black/Camo, Easton Carbon Nemesis, NAP Apache Rest, Trophy Ridge Single Pin Sight, Slick Trick Viper Tricks.

I am getting 305 out of my Accomplice with a 27" d/l, 68# and 358 grn arrow. Very smooth and forgiving.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Home of CPR Black Forest Zuberant Zoie

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher67 View Post
    That all depends on whos buying it, everyone will have a different opinion. Go shoot them all.
    Yup, shoot what feels best to you, not just what looks good on paper.
    Hoyt Carbon Matrix Plus
    Hoyt CRX 35
    Tommy Hogg/Hunter Hogg It 7DP
    B-Stinger

thanks

Destroyer 350 will do all that and more, some might not see it as smooth, but @ 60-65 lbs and 26" draw it shouldn't be bad, i have a guy putting over 300 out of his at 26" 70lbs with a 400+ grain arrow, you should have no problem getting good numbers
    HUNTING: 2014 Bowtech Carbon Knight~Apex Covert~QAD HDX~Octane Deadlock Pro~Timebomb Stabilizer~Easton Hexx 400's~Nockturnals~Grim Reapers
    3D: 2013 Bowtech Destroyer LE~Apex Covert~QAD HDX~Timebomb Stabilizer's~Easton Fatboy 400's

Quote Originally Posted by blakeman View Post
    Here are some of the things I'm looking for:
    Draw length of 26 to 26 1/2 inch
    Must have speeds of no less than 290fps @ 60 to 65lbs with 325gr arrow
    be forgiving
    great grip
    smooth draw
    good valley and wall
    little or no vib, quite
    under 4.5 lbs
    AtA 29 to 35 inches

With your draw length, I'd be shooting a New Breed Nemesis or an Athens Ibex all day

How about a Mathews Z7

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
    D350 all the way, you should be able to do 315+ with it

Athens Ibex for sure
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter

unfortunatly with that short of draw you wont get that out of any bow on the market most bows wont get that speed unless youve got a 28 or greater in draw length

how about a Mathews Passion? get the camo one, I have actually considered buying one for myself even though it is a "girls" bow, best feeling bow I have ever shot, period. If Mathews doesn't come out with something better I will be ordering one for my wife and myself, no matter how much you guys will make fun of me!!!! LOL
    Trophypursuit. com

I found my perfect hunting bow...Ive owned a ton of bows (just check out how many Ive sold on here) and this bow has surpassed them all and left them setting...Here is a pic...

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    A wise man once said...."Its not important what you shoot, rather Where you shoot it"

the new hoyt lineup will get you there no problem, bowtech destroyer, about half the pse's speed wise will get you there, the z7 may be a bit slow but the monsters would be a good setup for that.
    Tech at Big Sky Archery, Factory staff for Black Gold Premium Bowsights, Ripcord Arrow Rests, and Tight Spot Quivers

With the short draw length a shorter ATA bow will work for you no problem.The new Mathews will be out in a few weeks.
    if that doesn't impress check out Hoyt , Elite , or Athens.

Martin Leopard

Not Short On Performance
    If you are a serious archer looking for a bow to suit your smaller frame, we’ve got a serious bow for you. The Martin Leopard compound bow utilizes a super lightweight riser design and Mini M-Pro Cams designed to perform ideally at draws ranging from 21” to 26”. Fully parallel limbs keep the shot extremely soft though with enough energy to deliver impressive speed. Watch 280 fps at 26” and you’ll realize that big performance can come in small packages! Machined to accept an optional STS string dampener and CCS cable containment system. This bow now comes in a package with all of the accessories that you will need to start your hunt.

Martin Leopard Compound BowSpecifications:
    Speed: 280 FPS (26”, 60#, 300 gr.)

Let-Off: 80% (optional 65%)

Draw Weights: 40#, 50#, 60#

Draw Lengths: 21”-26”

Brace Height: 7”

Weight: 3.35 lbs.

Axle Length: 29 3/4”
    2009 Katera XL
    She's a shooter

My dads Vendetta xs shoots around 280 at 60lbd and 26.5 dl with a 348 grain arrow. Super smooth and a great shooting bow. Spuds like the one for you. The axe 6 would be a winner too. It's a bit faster and it's a sweet shootin bow too. Just about 150 more on average tho
    Black DNA
    I'm YOUR dealer for STRICT 9 bowstrings!
    PM me for intstant string info
    PSE field staff

EVO, or maybe vendetta XS

New Breed Genetix will do it easily. I will have to say that the cam system is the easiest to tune that I have dealt with and it has the smoothest draw cycle as well. Try one out if you can!
    Hi-Tek Koatings along with KG Industries will professionally apply the best all around coating on your riser, limbs, and archery gear.
    Tough and chemical resistant coatings that are thinner, lighter, and come in an endless amount of colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Otdrsman85 View Post
    I found my perfect hunting bow...Ive owned a ton of bows (just check out how many Ive sold on here) and this bow has surpassed them all and left them setting...Here is a pic...

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    I have been thinking of getting a Mission. Is that the Voyager? I noticed the 2011 VXT has roller guards and a string stop. You've been happy with your Voyager? Give me some impressions.
    I was at the range with a buddy who bought the UX2 and I could not believe how quiet the bow was.
    Another guy I talked to about Missions happen to do a tour of the Mathews factory and he said the bows are made side by side with Mathews bows.
    I never read much about them on AT and I am starting to wonder why not.
    New Breed Cyborg | Mathews DLD | Hoyt Carbon Matrix | Tallon Whisky-Jack Longbow
    New Breed Archery Field Staff
    Supporter of Nuge's Strings

Quote Originally Posted by rdneckhillbilly View Post
    I have been thinking of getting a Mission. Is that the Voyager? I noticed the 2011 VXT has roller guards and a string stop. You've been happy with your Voyager? Give me some impressions.
    I was at the range with a buddy who bought the UX2 and I could not believe how quiet the bow was.
    Another guy I talked to about Missions happen to do a tour of the Mathews factory and he said the bows are made side by side with Mathews bows.
    I never read much about them on AT and I am starting to wonder why not.
    I'm with you can't wait to shoot the new Mission bows..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast