Thread: US Allows Afghanistan to Aid Taliban, Al Qaeda and Drug Trafficking

US Allows Afghanistan to Aid Taliban, Al Qaeda and Drug Trafficking

Has this hit the mainstream media over there yet?

[FR Doc. 2010-25609 Filed 10/08/2010 at 8:45 am; Publication Date:
    10/12/2010]

[Billing Code: 4710-17]

Department of State

[Public Notice: 7201]

Waiver Pursuant to Section 7076(d)(2) of the Department of State,
    Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2010
    (Div. F, P.L. 111-117) Relating to Assistance for
    The Government of Afghanistan

Pursuant to the authority vested in me as Secretary of State, including
    under section 7076(d)(2) of the Department of State, Foreign Operations,
    and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2010 (Div. F, P.L. 111-117) (“the
    Act”), I hereby waive the requirement in section 7076(d)(2) of the Act to
    certify that the Government of Afghanistan is cooperating fully with United
    States efforts against the Taliban and Al Qaeda and to reduce poppy
    Cultivation and illicit drug trafficking and report that it is vital to the national
    Security interests of the United States to do so.

This waiver shall be reported to the Congress promptly and published
    in the Federal Register.

September 28, 2010 ___________________________

Date Hillary Rodham Clinton
    Secretary of State

What does section 7076(d)(2) of "the Act" say? I'm interpreting that to say that the US is cooperating with the Afghani government against Al Qaeda and the Taliban's cultivation of poppy.
    "Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!" -- Christopher Hitchens

Hey Peter.

Section 7076 lays out conditions that must be met in order for the Afghan Government to receive assistance from your Department of State. It seems to me that Mrs Slick Willy has, for whatever reason, decided that Afghanistan can continue to produce opium and still receive assistance.

I'm betting some old money is changing hands some ware. When I find a copy of the act I'll post a link, but I'm sure you get the gist. If your interested in this type of information this site is a useful resource;

http://cryptome.org/

regards, Jason

Quote Originally Posted by ctmartinshooter View Post
    What does section 7076(d)(2) of "the Act" say? I'm interpreting that to say that the US is cooperating with the Afghani government against Al Qaeda and the Taliban's cultivation of poppy.

ummmm almost.

Well....... not quite....... errrrrrr you got 180 degress backwards.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/...Oi9g:e1153258:

Sec. 7076. (a) In General- Funds appropriated by this Act that are available for assistance for Afghanistan shall be made available, to the maximum extent practicable, in a manner that utilizes Afghan entities and emphasizes the participation and leadership of Afghan women and directly improves the security, economic and social well-being, and political status of Afghan women and girls.
    (b) Assistance for Women and Girls-
    (1) The terms and conditions of section 1102(b)(1) of Public Law 111-32 shall apply to assistance for Afghanistan in fiscal year 2010.
    (2) Of the funds appropriated by this Act under the headings `Economic Support Fund' and `International Narcotics Control and Law Enforcement', not less than $175,000,000 shall be made available to support programs that directly address the needs and protect the rights of Afghan women and girls, including for the Afghan Independent Human Rights Commission, the Afghan Ministry of Women's Affairs, and for women-led nongovernmental organizations.
    (c) Procurement of Afghan Products and Services- The terms and conditions of section 1102(c) of Public Law 111-32 shall apply to assistance for Afghanistan in fiscal year 2010.
    (d) Anticorruption-
    (1) The terms and conditions of section 1102(d) of Public Law 111-32 shall apply to assistance for Afghanistan in fiscal year 2010.
    (2) Of the funds appropriated by this Act under the heading `Economic Support Fund' that are available for assistance for the Government of Afghanistan, $200,000,000 may not be obligated for such assistance unless the Secretary of State certifies to the Committees on Appropriations that the Government of Afghanistan is cooperating fully with United States efforts against the Taliban and Al Qaeda and to reduce poppy cultivation and illicit drug trafficking: Provided, That the Secretary of State may waive the previous sentence if the Secretary reports to the Committees on Appropriations that to do so is vital to the national security interests of the United States.

Bold part was waived.

Not sure if this is a big deal or not...(IMHO probably not)... but what is in you that would lead you to jump tp the conclusion...... I'm interpreting that to say that the US is cooperating with the Afghani government against Al Qaeda and the Taliban's cultivation of poppy.... when the OP post clearly indicates a waiver was granted for the section in question?????
    Progressivism is a keg of communism sold by the drink.

Man is the only animal that detests his own scent.

It should be pretty obvious.

As a undocumented fund-raising resource, the Obama Administration could use the Opium from Afghanistan, and the Cocaine and marijuana from mexico and Central America, to advance a Islamo-Marxist agenda on America and the West, and contribute to the "Demoralization" of American youth, making them dependant on government supplied drugs and entitlements so they can sit in Government supplied housing, stoned, and uncomplaining, while the "Change" happens all around.

It should be very obvious to anybody. If you don't recognize what's going on, then you're stoned or stupid or something.

Case Closed.

Her husband smoked pot. I guess Hitlary is taking it to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by jnwaco View Post
    Her husband smoked pot. I guess Hitlary is taking it to the next level.
    She's probably getting a piece of the pie, along with Obama. There is a lot of money in major drug trafficing, in case you didn't know. It's even more lucrative than corruption in "Oil for Food" deals with Iraq. The whole UN got bought off with that one.

They could launder it through George Soros, or book publishers who give tem big, up front payments for multibook deals for books they haven't written yet. Watch for that, if it hasn't happened already. Big checks for speaking engagements would be another way, as well as guys bringing suitcases of cash from anonymous sources.

I really doubt they'd even need to launder it. I wasn't here at the time, but I'm sure people posted about the crates of US currency shipped to Iraq. Nobody's watching the store. Hillary or Obama could print off a wad and take it wink wink nod nod to any foreign or domestic bank they like with no questions asked and no records kept.