Thread: Hunten cam at Menards

Hunten cam at Menards

Was at Menards the other day and I saw these Hunten Trail Cams, they are $60 bucks if I remember right and are 2 mega pixel with a 30 foot flash. They looked kind of cheesy to me and I wont be buying one, but I was wondering if anyone on here has tried one.

Waiting on an Iowa giant

14 APA Mamba M34
    06 APA Suphan

I have one out that I bought at Scheel's for $50. It's in Kansas and I haven't had a chance to check it but I'm sure the batteries are dead or the card is full. Maybe I can report back after this weekend.

I too saw these at Menards. 40ft on the IR, 30ft on the flash, $89 and $69, respectively. Advertised as 1 sec trigger, 10 sec. delay intervals, small design and priced right. I thought they looked like a decent cam too me. 21 well spaced IRs.

I bought on last Saturday and put it out Saturday afternoon. It sets up easly and I pulled some photos on Monday afternoon... They werem very good... Better than I expected and a good value.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't have any menards around here and can't find it online anywhere? You know if you can get these online somehow?
    Thanks
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. Gen. George S. Patton

10' Z28 Reverse AT, Spott Hogg Hunter, Limb Driver, 8.5" 14oz B Stinger, Nano Axis 340's, Ol' faithful Muzzy 3 blades

Quote Originally Posted by Dwaskey View Post
    I bought on last Saturday and put it out Saturday afternoon. It sets up easly and I pulled some photos on Monday afternoon... They werem very good... Better than I expected and a good value.
    Wow those pics are pretty dang good!
    Waiting on an Iowa giant

14 APA Mamba M34
    06 APA Suphan

Quote Originally Posted by Kblair85 View Post
    I don't have any menards around here and can't find it online anywhere? You know if you can get these online somehow?
    Thanks
    Their website is www.huntenoutdoors.com, but it appears that it is currently under construction as they do not have any pictures or prices for the cameras up yet.

appreciate that CAC. You have one of their cameras too??
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. Gen. George S. Patton

10' Z28 Reverse AT, Spott Hogg Hunter, Limb Driver, 8.5" 14oz B Stinger, Nano Axis 340's, Ol' faithful Muzzy 3 blades

i saw them today in menards in indy, for 44 bucks. i better go get one......

Quote Originally Posted by arrowsbydish View Post
    i saw them today in menards in indy, for 44 bucks. i better go get one......
    tough to beat that price
    Waiting on an Iowa giant

14 APA Mamba M34
    06 APA Suphan

I've seen them also but didn't want to be the test subject but those pics above look really good.

I just pulled mine yesterday after having it out for a few weeks.
    I had 501 pictures...........of those, I think there were 25 or so of deer. The rest were of nothing, it's like the camera would just take a picture every minute of nothing, the rest all said "picture error" with no picture. I agree the price is right, but I think I'm going to return mine.

Lien2

hey, I was just wondering if anyone could give a time frame on how long the battery life is on any hunten cam

There are some listed on ebay. i got one and love it. The guy shows pics he took with one. Very compact and easy to use. It was 55.00 plus 5 shipping so not bad.

Dwaskey nice pics. I bought one on black friday. They had them for $30 so I said what the heck. I have yet to put it out but based on those pics maybe I should have bought 2.

I have been using this Menard's Hunten camera for about six weeks. Very good pics and pretty good trigger speed for a cheapo cam. The downside is that it is flash only - no infrared - so it will eat a set of four Cs in a week or less if taking a lot of pics. Rechargeable solar can be used and I am going to go that direction for next season.
    ....................Sent via Overland Pony Express.............

"We've upped our standards. Up yours"

Another nice photo

HUNT0002.jpg

Just pulled this one off... after one year I still like this inexpensive camera. I have a few blurry heads and a missed deer now and then but like what I do get... This deer turned 90 degress and walked away from the camera and I also have a nice shot of the rear end a minute after this photo..

I got one from menards over a year ago and it is still taking great picture's. You can't go wrong on the price.