a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: G5 sgh

G5 sgh

I have shot 4 squirrels so far with the g5 small game heads and WOW they cause some serious damage. I had one almost rip a squirrel in half! Is everyone else having good luck with these also? Anyone have any pics of the damage they cause?

Hoyt Carbon Element G3 72lbs/26", CBE tek hybrid, QAD ultra rest, b-stinger, easton fmjs
    Hoyt Trykon 60lbs/27" Truglo micro bright, NAP apache, easton fmjs

I've been using them for 5 or 6 years on squirrels, rabbits and chipmunks. I have ripped chipmunks in half with them and killed rabbits out to 40 yards. They shoot accurately and I haven't lost an arrow yet.

I shot a big ***** coon with one the other day at 32 yards and he ran off with it! Ha
    Matt

I can not believe that it stops your arrow with no damage.
    08 BowTech Allegiance

i shoot judo points alot and want to give these a try..

Everything that i have shot with them has stopped stone dead on the spot. They work well.
    2011 Bowtech Invasion CPX Black Ops, 62lbs, G5 expert pro
    2008 Diamond Nitrous, 65 lbs, G5 expert II rest.
    2007 Bowtech Guardian, 65 lbs, Goldtip Ted Nugent Signature series 5575, roughly 288fps.
    2007 Bowtech allegiance, Easton Full Metal Jackets, g5 expert II, 65 lbs

i broke the first one i ever shot, shot a squirell off the side of a tree, and it broke a finger off. after that, i shot a rabbit in my yard, and found they dont stop as well in grass as judo tips.

otherwise, they fly well, and kill better
    Hoyt Alphaburner
    Elite GT500
    PSE Omen

Yea I haven't had any arrows lost or damaged either. I even shot one and pinned the squirrel to the base of a tree and I figured I had atleast lost the BH and maybe cracked the arrow but it the head stopped it from going far into the tree and I pulled it out with two fingers and it didn't hurt the arrow at all. I was shocked!
    Hoyt Carbon Element G3 72lbs/26", CBE tek hybrid, QAD ultra rest, b-stinger, easton fmjs
    Hoyt Trykon 60lbs/27" Truglo micro bright, NAP apache, easton fmjs

love the g5 sgh busted rabbits with it before and a big racoon last year in the head and the only one that went anywhere was the coon and all it did jitter around in circles

killed countless squirrels and at least 3 rabbits...love those things

I shot a huge ground hog this spring with one and watched the arrow bounce off the critter! But they do work good on bunnies

Try the VPA Thumpers. Similar concept, but machined steel. The feet won't break off.

I shot a woodchuck out of a tree with one a couple weeks ago. Hit him right in the side of the head. Arrow bounced off and the woodchuck hit the ground like a ton of bricks. I walked over to him and when I went to pick him up he flipped over and ran away!
    Strother Infinity. 26" 60 lbs. QAD rest. Copper John sight. Octane stabilizer. Gold Tip XT Hunter arrows.
    Slick Trick Mag broadheads.

Leftys do it better!

Shot a big coon that had been crapping up my treestand the other night at 13 yds, right between the eyes!............ Holy mother of bone crushing fury, Batman! This head is incredible! That coon's head felt like a bag of gravel and broken glass when you squeezed it a little. The impact did break one of my Firenocks though, dang it!
    '10 Elite Z28 60# Limb Driver, Vital Gear Startrack, Anchor Sight, Octane stabilizer
    '11 Elite Hunter 71# G5 Expert Pro, Anchor Sight, VBG sight, Stokerized
    '12 Elite Answer 60# Ninja, Elite Stokerized
    All 27.5" DL

I shot a deer this morning with one, 36yds head on from the ground but he was slightly downhill from me. It appeared to have an entrance and exit wound at first but I found the back half of the arrow about 10 yds from the POI with no blood at all and while gutting and reaching around for any remaining organs I felt something slick and it was the rest of the shaft with BH intact...slightly nudged between a couple ribs. I assume it was sticking out a tad and when he went down it pushed it back in ??? I probably wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it...much less if someone typed it on here. Still can't quite believe it myself

NOW.. I cannot justify what I did but let me say I realize the irresponsibility of my actions and it shouldn't happen again. I just pulled the wrong arrow out of the quiver, plain and simple. I had already shot another deer about an hour earlier and a squirrel while I was walking to it...I was on my high horse I reckon and just wasn't paying attention. I'm surely not the first person this has happened to

Conclusion....the SGH is a very mean point! Huge entry hole btw