Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-press

14 46.67%
  • EZ-Press

16 53.33%

Thread: Best bow press for a Bowtech Destroyer

Best bow press for a Bowtech Destroyer

Looking to make a bow press but I'm not sure what style is best and safest to use on my Destroyer. I have plans for several types but looking for some recommendations.

I don't know what is the best, but I would think an EZ-press would work fine, I love the one that I made!
    '13 Hoyt Carbon Matrix G3 29"/80# 518 gr. VAP250's @ 280 FPS

Prestige Worldwide Pro-Staff

I use the x-press on my d-350 and love it .

I would go x-press. You can't press it form the limb tips due to how they're made with the axle mounted to the out side. My dealer only recommended using the x-press to me. As much as bows have gotton. I just wouldn't chance it.
    2013 Insanity Black Opps 60lb draw
    PSE Xweave Pro 200s with 100gr T3s

Both will work but the xpress makes it easier to work on the cams. The fingers on the ezpress can get it the way and make it hard to work on the destroyers. I have a home made power ezpress that works great but the fingers can get in the way sometimes. I am going to build an express soon. You can't own too many presses with all the different bows out on the market.

Bow-a-constrictor that it is the best for all bow
    Bow-A-Constrictor ,the ultimate bowpress

Hamskea, for all their product

Gold Tip, Shooter Staff

The NiteHawk press is portable, easy to ues and adjust, and fast. And for about $100 you cant beat that. Check out the video on the websight.
    Hunting with Stealth by Pearson

apple Eliminator

Question for the guys using the x press. Are you using the usl adapters to press the destroyer or pressing without them?
    Mathews Chill X (on order), Hamskea Versa rest, Spot Hogg, Tight Spot, Bee Stinger
    Bowtech Experience, TT Smackdown pro, Spot Hogg, Tight Spot, Bee Stinger
    Bowtech Tribute - Dads last bow now retired

Quote Originally Posted by lunghit View Post
    Question for the guys using the x press. Are you using the usl adapters to press the destroyer or pressing without them?
    Anyone??
    Mathews Chill X (on order), Hamskea Versa rest, Spot Hogg, Tight Spot, Bee Stinger
    Bowtech Experience, TT Smackdown pro, Spot Hogg, Tight Spot, Bee Stinger
    Bowtech Tribute - Dads last bow now retired

Quote Originally Posted by lunghit View Post
    Without.

We have both, and the EZ press works better on the destroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by archeryhunterME View Post
    I don't know what is the best, but I would think an EZ-press would work fine, I love the one that I made!
    Do you have any pictures of your press? I also am looking for more plans if you still have any

When I bought my 340 the shop said they were told to use either the ez press or the x-press, the guy at the shop said he would rather use the x-press. Also go onto u-tube and check out changing the string and cables from bowtech and they're using the x-press.