Thread: Hoyt Raptor

Hoyt Raptor

I have recently purchased my very first compound bow, Hoyt Raptor. I have gone to the Hoyt site to figure out all the tech. info. that I could gather.
    My problem starts with the length of the bow string and the length of the cables. All of the specks that are listed do not fit my bow. With the bows listed for 1998 or 1999, I don't know how to tell which cams I have or if they can be adjusted or if I need to get a different set. Any help Icould get will be greatly appreciated..

What limbs are on it? And what numbers/letters are on the cam(s)? Single or dual cam?
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

the limbs are 4 piece 16 inch and the top cam has c2t the bottom cam has c2b

Command cams I'd say, size number 2 (the t and b are top and bottom ). On the tune charts those cams are the cc column.

What do the limbs say on them? XT or Carbonite?

Are there rotating modules on the cams? The tune charts show module position changes to adjust drawlength, about 3" of range from what the tune chart shows.

the limbs say power flex

There looks to be some sort of selector type module made of black metal and the top has h2 and a +/- with an arrow in between

Yes, and there are letters around the module. The module is made to be loosened (should be two small allen headed bolts in each one) then set to another point and tightened back down. Each letter position represents a half inch more or less DL, depending which way you go (A is the shortest and G the longest). Both cams have to be set to same module position, too.

As for the string and cable specs, I'm not too sure on that. The tune charts aren't showing Power Flex limbs. Rebel XT and Carbonite are the only split limbs listed. The others listed are solid limbs. Still, you could call Hoyt and see if they have a chart. Another option is to time it perfectly (cams synchronized and DL/DW fitting), then remove the old ones, measure them, then order new ones to those specs.

I had a 1998 modle hoyt raptor with powerflex limbs I sold it to a gut on ebay and my owners manual said that there were 3ndiffirent cams that could have came on it awsome shooting bow I would find a hoyt dealer and take it to them