Thread: dogs for tracking a deer in SE WI

dogs for tracking a deer in SE WI

Does anyone know someone who hires himself and his dog(s) to track a deer in SE wisconsin. I have heard of great results from guys down south. I need help to find a gut shot deer. We waited 24 hrs and then lost blood after 150 yds. We then searched for 6 hrs in a grid and found nothing. We are going back out tommorrow but a good blood tracking dog would be great, I just don't know if anyone offers this service in my area. Any info would be great.

you will not see any ads, It is illegal to hunt deer with dogs in wisconsin, I believe some people take their dogs out for a walk in woods but no one will advertise the service
    Matthews Z7 65#
    QAD ultra rest
    Spot Hogg Real Deal
    G5 T3
    Easton 3/49 A/C/C Shafts

I don't know of any tracking service. But I do know beagles work pretty good. My buddy has a beagle, just a beagle not a trained hunting or tracking dog at all, and it found a deer for us already this year. Is it leagal to track wounded deer with dogs in WI??
    "...If you can find humor in anything, even poverty, you can survive it" Bill Cosby

"I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose." Woody Allen

Wish I was near you. My dog has found 7 out of eight this year. The one he did not find was not mortally wounded. He is worth his in gold. I hope you find him.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat. Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
    Matthew 7:13-14

It seems I was wrong, I found this on the wisconsin dnr website http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/faq/dog/Q2.htm
    Matthews Z7 65#
    QAD ultra rest
    Spot Hogg Real Deal
    G5 T3
    Easton 3/49 A/C/C Shafts

Ya I knew it was legal as long as you don't have a weapon and the dog is leashed. I was just hoping to find someone in my area that offers this service. We've looked for 12 hrs with my own (untrained) dogs and found nothing. I'm pretty sure it was an intestinal hit as it was just back from the heart. Without a good blood tracking dog finding this deer would have been like winning the lottery.

To late now but for future reference here is a national tracking dog list. Just click on the state you are in to see if there is a tracking dog near you. Also if you are near the state line check the surrounding states as some trackers are willing to travel. There are a lot of trackers listed in WI.
    http://www.unitedbloodtrackers.org/i...&id=3&Itemid=6

Ken
    Hillock Kennels home of top quality Bavarian Mountain Bloodhounds for recovering wounded game.
    Remember to trust the Nose becasue the Nose knows.