a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Fastest bow in the world!!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,732

    Fastest bow in the world!!!!

    Is this for real? Is that speed possible, or is the chrono off?



    Archery makes my shaft quiver.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Nor-Cal-USA
    Posts
    4,734
    It could be a lot of things. I watched Jim Burnworth on his hunting show shoot a Destroyer 350 thru a Chrono at about that speed, dont remember the number, but close to that, but he was shooting a ridiculously light arrow, so light that he wore safety glasses and said never try that at home.

  3. #3
    This has been on here before and it is definitely a chrono malfunction.

  4. #4
    no freakin;' way does that bow shoot a 454 fps...no way.
    Acts 10:13
    <+><

  5. #5
    I would like to see him shoot that bow 100 times in a row. Let's see what happens....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Battle Mountain, Nevada
    Posts
    13,625
    One thing is the lighting...second is he is way too close. Those two factors will give you goofy numbers. That video has been on here a few times.
    Stable full of Hoyt Bows... Home of the White Alpha Triad !! (Alpha Elite, AlphaBurner, Alphamax 35)
    Spot On Bowstrings, Fuse Carbon Blades, Doinker Stabilizers (Doink On), Axcel Sights, AAE, Scott, Bow Rattler
    Viper Sights, NAP Rests, Easton & Beman Shafts, Limbsavers, Tru-Ball.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St Francis South Africa
    Posts
    270
    Maybe he measured the speed of the bow noise.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,732
    Oops, sorry for reposting it.
    Archery makes my shaft quiver.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Battle Mountain, Nevada
    Posts
    13,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Me View Post
    Oops, sorry for reposting it.
    Quite alright....forgiven !!
    Stable full of Hoyt Bows... Home of the White Alpha Triad !! (Alpha Elite, AlphaBurner, Alphamax 35)
    Spot On Bowstrings, Fuse Carbon Blades, Doinker Stabilizers (Doink On), Axcel Sights, AAE, Scott, Bow Rattler
    Viper Sights, NAP Rests, Easton & Beman Shafts, Limbsavers, Tru-Ball.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St Francis South Africa
    Posts
    270
    First time I 've seen it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Idaho but born on the Bay
    Posts
    1,499
    That speed is not even close to the Fastest Bow Speed Record.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    24,369
    I did recall a guy shooting a 180 pound hand drawn bow at 588 fps....trying to remember his name

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Market, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    155
    I shoot with a guy who used high country archery's super light arrows through his 80 lb. xforce and it chronoed at 411 fps...its easy to get that kind of speed with a light enough arrow and enough force behind it. But its not practical to shoot like that, i mean your not gonna deer hunt with an arrow that weighs 250 total grains...

  14. #14
    All things being equal,,,we ASSUME every bow is @ 70 pounds,,,,30 inch draw and 5 grains per pound arrow. that kid with those pencil arms didn't look like he could draw a 120 pound bow,,,but my old eyes could decieve me.

    i would guesstimate the PSE Omen might very well be the fastest standard ibo rigged bow to date,,,70lb,350 grains per pound and 30 draw,,,there are those bows that were associated with High Country on 3 grains per pound and im sure some bows that had some superman draw weights of 100+ that did some speed.

    but standard ibo bow,,,,366 fps,,,thats rollin good. 454,,,no I dont believe it,,,even with a 3 grain per pound arrow i am not so sure it would hit that,,,,might,,,but I'm not so sure and i am sure it voids the bows waranty.
    Acts 10:13
    <+><

  15. #15
    Fastest bow was 588fps by Kevin unless he's beaten that one again.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    24,369
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKEY CUSTOM-G View Post
    All things being equal,,,we ASSUME every bow is @ 70 pounds,,,,30 inch draw and 5 grains per pound arrow. that kid with those pencil arms didn't look like he could draw a 120 pound bow,,,but my old eyes could decieve me.

    i would guesstimate the PSE Omen might very well be the fastest standard ibo rigged bow to date,,,70lb,350 grains per pound and 30 draw,,,there are those bows that were associated with High Country on 3 grains per pound and im sure some bows that had some superman draw weights of 100+ that did some speed.

    but standard ibo bow,,,,366 fps,,,thats rollin good. 454,,,no I dont believe it,,,even with a 3 grain per pound arrow i am not so sure it would hit that,,,,might,,,but I'm not so sure and i am sure it voids the bows waranty.
    Even at 3 grains being 1 fps (closer to 5), you'd have to shave 270 grains off a 350 grain arrow Nope

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    windsor NY
    Posts
    20,042
    not the fastest in the world. but i think its still the fastest on the market bow. kevin strotherss holds the record for fastest bow i think but that bow wasnt made for the public and was like what a 200# draw weight?
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    24,369
    Quote Originally Posted by sawtoothscream View Post
    not the fastest in the world. but i think its still the fastest on the market bow. kevin strotherss holds the record for fastest bow i think but that bow wasnt made for the public and was like what a 200# draw weight?
    180#....probably a youth or woman's bow

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Idaho but born on the Bay
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    180#....probably a youth or woman's bow
    More like a bow!!! LOL

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Savannah, Ga
    Posts
    2,113
    What is your record Kevin?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Idaho but born on the Bay
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseK View Post
    What is your record Kevin?
    Officially 588 fps, I have shot well over 620+ fps on several occasions, just not officially.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Oshkosh, Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,261
    What specs were used to "officially" shoot 588 fps?? What makes it "official"? I'm not trying to be a smartazz I put the "" marks there because I don't know what the heck "official" means here.
    2014 PSE Full Throttle 26.5" DL, 60lbs, CJ Mark III sight, AQ Custom Rods,PSE X Weave Pro 300, 85 Grain Grim Reapers
    2014 PSE Full Premo Breathn Custom SHW Prairie, CJ Mark III sight, PSE Phantom rest, PSE Pro X Weave 300, 85 grain Grim Reapers

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Savannah, Ga
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Strother1 View Post
    Officially 588 fps, I have shot well over 620+ fps on several occasions, just not officially.
    So why are your bows only 345 FPS?

    Lol jk man. That's a heck of a bow to sling a stick that fast. Congrats!

  24. #24
    Even at 3 grains per pound, 3x70=210. At 5 grains per pound, 5x70=350. 350-210=140. 140 divided by 3 = 46. If the bow shot 366 fps at 5 grains per pound, it would shoot around 366+46=412 fps.

    Something isn't right. It's just a pse!!!!

  25. #25
    That sounded like a 30 "ought 6" going off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •