a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what deer scent ACTUALLY works?

what deer scent ACTUALLY works?

Ive tried alot of scents over the years from tinks 69 to code blue standing estrous and have had ZERO success with any of it...last year my step-dad killed a dandy 8 over code blue doe pee, but ive tried it this year with no luck... what have you guys had the best results with? and how exactly did you use the scent?

'11 Elite pulse ninja 28" 70#, spot-hogg hogg-it, Ripcord code red,stokerized
    '10 Elite Z28 ninja 70# 28 CBE sniper pro XL, G5 expert pro, stokerized
    1973 Bear Kodiak Mag 28" 45# recurve ( my grandfathers old bow)
    Samik Sage 28" 50#

No luck yet,I have tried Dan Fitzgerald doe in need and border.

James valley full rut gel works pretty well, I had a spike buck come right up to my stand on Friday. You have to use the scent according to the instructions on the package though. I shot the buck and ended up loosing the whole jar of scent while I was tracking the deer well least I know the stuff works. Cabelas is the only retail place I've found that has it, unless you order online.

Ive had numerous bucks go right to still steamin scents

anyone tried those buck bombs?
    Samik Sage 28" 50#

I had good luck with Tink's #69 this season. Used a Hunter's Specialties Retract a Drag to pull a scent line on my walk in to my stand. Made a pass through my shooting lanes and then walked a figure eight in front of my stand. Arrowed a 10 point as he followed the lure trail later that afternoon. He was nose to the ground 15 yards out and never had a clue I was there. First buck with a bow, and I will definitely try this again.

i had a buck come into tinks 69 last night, needed one more step and i would of had him! i have been putting some code red in scrapes and the deer are deffinately working them. also had that tinks scrape conditioner work as well.

I just went a bought doe estrus that came off a deer farm so it was fresh and I have 3 come in tonight after dark an one was the big buck i been hunting hope next time he shows in daylight..

I hunt mostly in Al but have been on three hunts in Buffalo co. Wi. All I use....religiously.... so to speak is Scrape Juice by Muzzy. Us it just like it says on the bottle and I usually put out scent wicks soaked in this stuff. Shot a 150 in 10....a 143 in 10... passed on a 135 in 10 and lost count of all the small bucks that respond to this stuff. Two of my buddies got 135 in 10 and 143 in 8 pt. I never leave home without it. Had one big buck lick the stuff and then tear it out of the bush I hung it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr cheebo View Post
    I hunt mostly in Al but have been on three hunts in Buffalo co. Wi. All I use....religiously.... so to speak is Scrape Juice by Muzzy. Us it just like it says on the bottle and I usually put out scent wicks soaked in this stuff. Shot a 150 in 10....a 143 in 10... passed on a 135 in 10 and lost count of all the small bucks that respond to this stuff. Two of my buddies got 135 in 10 and 143 in 8 pt. I never leave home without it. Had one big buck lick the stuff and then tear it out of the bush I hung it in.
    where did you get it...can you use it year round?
    Samik Sage 28" 50#

I've tried Trail's End, Wildlife Research's Special Golden Estrus, and some other scrape scent that I think was Tink's. I've had no results from any of them.

I've had good luck with the Ever Calm and Deer Dander.
    Hoyt Faktor 34 28.5" 60lbs, Easton Axis 400, HHA OL-5510, Ripcord Code Red, Tightspot
    Hoyt CE RKT 28.5" 63lbs, Easton Axis 400, HHA OL-5519, Ripcord Code Red, Tightspot
    Hoyt Trykon 29" 70lbs, Easton Bloodline 330, Ripcord

I've had good luck with TrophyBlend Scents.

buck bomb works and its cheap

Quote Originally Posted by DannyZack View Post
    buck bomb works and its cheap
    which "flavor" buck bomb?
    Samik Sage 28" 50#

I get mine from a local shop but I think you can git it from cabelas or bass pro, or ask your dealer who sells muzzy broadheads to order you some. Last week I sprayed some on my boots and a small buck trailed me to my tree stand and hung around for 45 min at least. Also when thos old mule headed does pick up your scent and start getting cautious I will mist a spray or two from above and they will calm down and go back to feeding usually.

I watched a big buck chase a doe until she crawled under a blown down tree to get away from him. A few minutes before I had sprayed scrape juice on a tissue paper and threw it on the ground. The big 10 left the doe and walked over and stuck his nose to take a sniff and made his fatal mistake. He is on my wall now. good luck with your choice.

I'm planning on taking the bladder from the next deer I shoot. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr cheebo View Post
    I get mine from a local shop but I think you can git it from cabelas or bass pro, or ask your dealer who sells muzzy broadheads to order you some. Last week I sprayed some on my boots and a small buck trailed me to my tree stand and hung around for 45 min at least. Also when thos old mule headed does pick up your scent and start getting cautious I will mist a spray or two from above and they will calm down and go back to feeding usually.

I watched a big buck chase a doe until she crawled under a blown down tree to get away from him. A few minutes before I had sprayed scrape juice on a tissue paper and threw it on the ground. The big 10 left the doe and walked over and stuck his nose to take a sniff and made his fatal mistake. He is on my wall now. good luck with your choice.
    which scrape juice do you use?
    Samik Sage 28" 50#

Quote Originally Posted by Scott99 View Post
    I've had good luck with the Ever Calm and Deer Dander.
    These are all I use as well
    BowFreakZ Archery
    Sticking it to them one shaft at a time!!!
    Check us out on the web!!!
    NRA - VCDL - GOA - SAF

I have had no luck with any but I am still trying in hopes of the one day that they work. I have tried James Valley, Code Blue Standing Estrous, Deer Dander, Doe-N-Need, Tinks #69, Stoney Creek urine, Wildlife Research Golden Estrous, and Trophy Blend herd and estrous.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. Plato
    2013 Hoyt Spyder Turbo, 413 gr Gold Tip XT's, 307 fps, TT Smackdown, BG Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by ebayollis View Post
    Ive tried alot of scents over the years from tinks 69 to code blue standing estrous and have had ZERO success with any of it...last year my step-dad killed a dandy 8 over code blue doe pee, but ive tried it this year with no luck... what have you guys had the best results with? and how exactly did you use the scent?
    You need to try the great debate. Deadly. Hard parts just getting it.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I haven't had any luck with scents myself. I tried Tinks #69, Wildlife Research Golden Estrous, Code Blue (tarsal gland), and my own urine without any luck. I did however had a doe walk up and actually sniffed the Buck Bomb (doe in estrous) canister as it was walking in to my bait pile a few years ago. I placed it on a known trail they use to get to the bait pile. She sniffed the canister and walked past it to get some food. Of the ones I see sold at the various stores, Tinks #69 seems to be the most popular scent that others are buying eventhough I buy some with hopes it might work at least 1 time for me.
    LH Hoyt AM32 Realtree Limbs/Blackout Riser, 70#/29", HHA OL5200X and Nockturnals.

is that the name of the scent..."the great debate"
    Samik Sage 28" 50#

the best scent is one that is placed in the area of deer. code blue seems to out perform anything i have tried with the exception of my local maker "Zekes 200 proof".

I think the scent industry should be sued like scent lock thats what i think LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast