Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Sports Plus Membership For Sale

Hunting Sports Plus Membership For Sale

I have my personal membership in Hunting Sports Plus up for sale. Price is right at 50% of a new membership at $500.00. If you are not familiar you can check out the club at huntingsportsplus.com. You will be required to fill out a member application and be accepted before the sale can be completed. PM me with any questions or for additional info.

pm sent

I should add that my membership renews on Dec 1 of this year. We would want to complete the transfer sometime close to that if you would like to get the most opportunities for your yearly dues.

Offering on hold until Monday 11/29/10.

Membership is still for sale.

I belong to one of the sister clubs.....I only joined that so I could hunt many of the midwest farms. I would like to talk with you about the status of HSP in PM's. Did you sell this membership? I just got a email that they are offering discounts to the end of the year.
    Shoot me a PM on what you have heard about the club and recent sister clubs in the past year.

Still for sale as of today. Had several inquiries concerning trades of any type. The only thing I am currently looking for right now is an over/under 28 gauge.

Tried sending a pm. Not sure if it went thru but i'm still interested . Email me @ cttaylor8@hotmail.com

Thanks

I am bumping this back up and reducing the selling price to $275.00 as I am 90% certain I will not be re-instating this for myself next year. I now have enough private land to satisfy my quail hunting needs and I have my own little freezer meat patch for deer and most of their leases are chosen for the whitetail hunter, so there you go. Someone who is need of multiple sites to hunt might as well be utilizing this.

You will also have a $100.00 administrative transfer fee payable to HSP if you are approved for membership. I believe the current monthly dues for active members is $97.00 monthly with a small discount if paid quarterly or annually. Best to PM me with any questions. Paypal accepted.

Hsp

Are you paid up to date. If I recall if someone buys the membership, they have to bring it up to current?

I once belonged to one of the sister clubs per my previous post. I only joined that to hunt out of state. Do you know if the HSP required any day fees for the many of the ILL, KS and MO properties? I might be interested in yours. I have concerns though, I will PM you on that.

Bob

I Was a member for 4 years, exclusively for archery. I Had numerous issues with their system and the way they handle issues. For starters the owner is not a hunter and from my knowledge not a very good business man. They pay the property owners "per use" which amounts to squat, so most of the good tracts are taken by local outfitters.

My biggest issue occurred in the 2010 season when two of us Were hunting a tract @ 280acres in nodaway mo for two weeks prior to gun season, had it reserved per their system up till the Friday before gun started. Home being 17 hours away we were not backing off until we put a hole in something or the season ran out on us, meaning we were hunting fri am and pm. Apparently the office had tried contacting me on my cell phone, which had no signal to tell us the party of 7 that reserved the tract beginning on sat opening day of gun needed to access the property to set stands for the opening day hunt. Not able to reach me the HSP officials decided it would be a good idea to allow these guys to walk around hanging stands while other members were actively hunting.
    That's right, the last sentence should open up a whole new thread.
    Anyway, these mf'rs pulled in and parked their two trucks behind our truck and went to doing what these idiot's do best that
    only spend one week a year in the woods, mucking it up for the rest of us. The 7 gun hunters new we were there, the office new
    we were there and worst of all, both parties took part in a seriously dangerous and unethical decision. If they had wanted to access the property prior to the season then they should have reserved it. Lucky for them by the time I got out of the
    the tree and back to the truck I too pissed and too tired to deflate 8 tires. I drive 17 hours to enjoy myself not tear up other peoples stuff. Hindsight huh

Anyway, I signed up to gain legal access to Midwest land and to archery hunt that land safely not be endangered by my very club.

So in my opinion they are a joke due to the decisions that affected my time in the woods. If you are a serious ethical hunter, you may want to consider something else, if your not, perhaps you think your money is greener than mine or since you use a gun you are more deserving of the land than a man with a bow you'll fit right in and make plenty of friends.
    Last edited by hallamiv; July 24th, 2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

My name is Brian Ahern From Hunting Sports Pus. Please supply your member number so i can research this for an appropriate response.

I don't recall all our member #'s. Perhaps Angie could look them up for you. Our member names were Clark, Cottingham and Parker, all from SC. The incident I have referred to took place on farm# 11521, Nodaway County, MO. during the 2009 season not 2010, my mistake. Daryl should recall this event.

Interested in the membership...

Hi, Interested in the membership. Please PM me so that we can discuss.

i would like to know what any body thinks about this sports plus hunting membership and etc. the pros and cons.

Wow, Brian! What happened to your "appropriate response"?! It's been a month now, yet nothing.

Perhaps, your response should go like this, “You’re correct, We, HSP made a terrible, embarrassing decision; we intentionally subjected our members to an extremely dangerous situation out of ignorance. Furthermore, by intentionally allowing hunters on ground they did not have a valid reservation for, we completely disregarded our reservation rules and any logical safety precautions. It is also of our opinion, in fact gun hunters do have "greener money" and are more deserving of the land. This should be abundantly clear, by the fact that gun hunters are allowed to reserve land 30 days in advance and bow hunters get 10 days for season openers. I am sorry I butted in to your post and accurate review of HSP."

Now, that would be an appropriate response!

hi

good day ...

Quote Originally Posted by hallamiv View Post
    I Was a member for 4 years, exclusively for archery. I Had numerous issues with their system and the way they handle issues. For starters the owner is not a hunter and from my knowledge not a very good business man. They pay the property owners "per use" which amounts to squat, so most of the good tracts are taken by local outfitters.

My biggest issue occurred in the 2010 season when two of us Were hunting a tract @ 280acres in nodaway mo for two weeks prior to gun season, had it reserved per their system up till the Friday before gun started. Home being 17 hours away we were not backing off until we put a hole in something or the season ran out on us, meaning we were hunting fri am and pm. Apparently the office had tried contacting me on my cell phone, which had no signal to tell us the party of 7 that reserved the tract beginning on sat opening day of gun needed to access the property to set stands for the opening day hunt. Not able to reach me the HSP officials decided it would be a good idea to allow these guys to walk around hanging stands while other members were actively hunting.
    That's right, the last sentence should open up a whole new thread.
    Anyway, these mf'rs pulled in and parked their two trucks behind our truck and went to doing what these idiot's do best that
    only spend one week a year in the woods, mucking it up for the rest of us. The 7 gun hunters new we were there, the office new
    we were there and worst of all, both parties took part in a seriously dangerous and unethical decision. If they had wanted to access the property prior to the season then they should have reserved it. Lucky for them by the time I got out of the
    the tree and back to the truck I too pissed and too tired to deflate 8 tires. I drive 17 hours to enjoy myself not tear up other peoples stuff. Hindsight huh

Anyway, I signed up to gain legal access to Midwest land and to archery hunt that land safely not be endangered by my very club.

So in my opinion they are a joke due to the decisions that affected my time in the woods. If you are a serious ethical hunter, you may want to consider something else, if your not, perhaps you think your money is greener than mine or since you use a gun you are more deserving of the land than a man with a bow you'll fit right in and make plenty of friends.
    wow, that made my mind up, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hallamiv View Post
    Wow, Brian! What happened to your "appropriate response"?! It's been a month now, yet nothing.

Perhaps, your response should go like this, “You’re correct, We, HSP made a terrible, embarrassing decision; we intentionally subjected our members to an extremely dangerous situation out of ignorance. Furthermore, by intentionally allowing hunters on ground they did not have a valid reservation for, we completely disregarded our reservation rules and any logical safety precautions. It is also of our opinion, in fact gun hunters do have "greener money" and are more deserving of the land. This should be abundantly clear, by the fact that gun hunters are allowed to reserve land 30 days in advance and bow hunters get 10 days for season openers. I am sorry I butted in to your post and accurate review of HSP."

Now, that would be an appropriate response!
    hey, so did you hear back from HSP? I'm thinking about joining and now that I hear this story, I'm having major doubts. By the way, I was wondering what you paid for membership, as well as the costs to hunt there. Being 17 hours away, I don't want to pay a big price and end up in the same situation.

As they say S*)$ happens. I've been a member of HSP for 5 years now and I've never had any of the issues you described in your post above. I can tell you that if you had my gun farm booked for bow hunting a full two weeks before gun season so I couldn't put my stands up, I would have showed up on you also. Theres a certain level of respect one member should have for another member in a club situation & it sounds like you pressed your luck and the other member called you on it. Good for him, and from the sound of it, glad your not a member anymore.

I'm an ethical hunter, but more importantly I'm a considerate club member who respects that the other guy paid just as much as I did to be there and he should get a turn to.

Happy Hunting on Public Ground.

Ive been a happy member for 6 years now and have not had issues like that. I do think a mistake was made in letting them on the property without any contact being made. Hopefully there was more to this story. They do a good job of managing a lot of farms. I have not had any problems with being bumped or having no place to hunt. The MO gun opener is the biggest issue they have though since so many of their members are from MO. They have some nice property and I consider it a deal for what you get.

Lee

I will NEVER be a member of huntings sports plus!!

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt-n-illinois View Post
    I will NEVER be a member of huntings sports plus!!
    Tell us why?

Quote Originally Posted by CHASERABBITS View Post
    As they say S*)$ happens. I've been a member of HSP for 5 years now and I've never had any of the issues you described in your post above. I can tell you that if you had my gun farm booked for bow hunting a full two weeks before gun season so I couldn't put my stands up, I would have showed up on you also. Theres a certain level of respect one member should have for another member in a club situation & it sounds like you pressed your luck and the other member called you on it. Good for him, and from the sound of it, glad your not a member anymore.

I'm an ethical hunter, but more importantly I'm a considerate club member who respects that the other guy paid just as much as I did to be there and he should get a turn to.

Happy Hunting on Public Ground.
    With this responce it would be OK with you if other members who reserved your hunting area the week after you could show up early to hang their stands and just walk around while you're hunting? You don't sound like an ethical hunter to me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Elite Judge Max 1 70#
    Elite Z28 AT 70#
    Hoyt CRX 70#

I am a landowner myself. I own flooded timber in Stuttgart, Ar that also has very good deer hunting. However, I joined an affialiate club of HSP and spend as much time on that land as my own.. I find the system to be exceptional. The opportunity to hunt anything you want is real. There is bad, decent, good, and great land...I would say the majority is between decent and good. The price that is being offered is a steal IMO. All I know is I can hunt anything I want whenever I want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast