Hi guys and gals! I'm going to give you all a quick lesson in creating your own mechanical shooter and draw board combination for all of $160.
Yes, that's right. $160, and all you need is a field trip to a Home Depot, a Harbor Freight, and a deep socket tool set. Anyone can build this, and you don't need welding gear, any specialized stuff, or a green alien slave girl to build this for you.
Starting off - the parts list.
1) A Ryobi Miter Saw Quickstand, model # A18MS01. Link is here:
Home Depot has it normally for 99 dollars. It's on sale for 79 dollars right now. Rated for 400 pounds of abuse, this will be more than sufficient to handle a bow.
2) A Harbor Freight Haulmaster Manual winch., model 95541.
It's normally priced at 29.99. This is a 900 pound winch.
3) Some generic foam tubing, like from a swimming noodle or pipe insulation. 5 bucks.
4) Duct Tape and some ball ended shock cord. 5 bucks.
5) TruFire Patriot or Patriot Junior release - average price, 20 bucks.
Total price - $160 excluding tax and gas.