Thread: Crossbow Bolts? BroadHeads? Which do you use

Crossbow Bolts? BroadHeads? Which do you use

Well I just bought a CrossBow, (Barnett Buck Commander) And I was wondering what bolts and Broadheads, you guys are hunting with? I have SlickTricks/Mag/GrizzTricks, BuzzCuts/Rage() BloodRunners, And many more, I like buying/Trying new broadheads. and arrow combo's,

What are you guys haveing the best luck with as far as accuarcy goes with the x Bows? Im kinda hopeing that i have luck with my slick tricks.

Bambi's mom was a management doe

I use Red Hot bolts with Slick Trick broadheads.

Also what grn Broadhead are you useing, Every thing i have is 100g
    Bambi's mom was a management doe

I like using the Easton Power C2 carbon arrows and Spitfire 100gr. and 125gr. broadheads. That's what works for my Tenpoint Titan TL-7 crossbow.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    TenPoint Titan TL-9 #100 Crossbow
    Tasco 2.5-10x42mm Mil-Dot Scope
    Easton Fatboys 500's - 18"
    QuickSpins 1 1/2"
    Tenpoint Crossbows Rule

Quote Originally Posted by Tenpoint TL-7 View Post
    I like using the Easton Power C2 carbon arrows and Spitfire 100gr. and 125gr. broadheads. That's what works for my Tenpoint Titan TL-7 crossbow.
    Ten ... ever have those Spitfires slide along a rib cage? Quite a few of the reviews I saw for them on Cabela's said they do that instead of digging in because the bent blade keeps the tip from digging in when the arrow is at an angle. The reason I ask is I am searching for a new broadhead. I eliminated the Spitfire because of those reviews. BUT I see a lot of posts on here that swear by those heads!

By the way, I have a TL-7 and a Titan II, so I am a TenPoint fan also.

Each brand and model xbow has a minimum weight bolt you should use the paper work with xbow should say or dealer etc.You may know that I am just saying ..I am kind of new to all this myself. but , I would guess yours to be a 20 inch bolts and need a little over 400 gr bolts that is total with broad head ...and Easton Power carbons or carbon express surge will give you that..and many guys here love slick tricks ..Buzzcuts are said to work real well ...I use Magnus Snuffer 125 gr and carbon express surge out of my wicked ridge Invader my bolts end up at like 465 gr ..However, the power carbons work good too they was just out of them when I went to get more bolts last time..
    It's all about what tracks a man leaves as well as his prey..

I have been a 125 grain Thunderhead guy for the past 22 years with good results. I am just getting into crossbow as well. When I purchased an Excalibur Equinox a couple of months ago the dealer recommended the Grizztrick 100 grain heads because they don't plane in the faster bows due to their shorter design. I also read some online reviews of these heads which were all positive. On Oct 14th, 2010 I took an 8 ptr at 20 yds. HOLY CRAP!! The entrance wound looks like I hit him with my Brennekee Shotgun slugs. These things don't cut, they blow holes!! and they fly field point accurate. I immediately went and bought 9 more and outfitted my matthews legacy quiver with them. Since, I took 2 more 8 ptrs, Oct 18th and Nov 14th, (all legal as I hunt in 2 states) with the compound bow and the results were the same: Field point bone crushing accuracy, complete pass throughs, slug sized holes, quick humane kill/recovery and blood trails that a blind man could follow. I have had good results with my thunderheads but nothing even close to these. If I learn how to post pics I will post one of the 8's. Good luck, hope this helps.

Easton powerbolts with 125 grain spitfires with lumenoks, wouldnt change a thing. LAst deer I shot with a spitfire was slightly quartering to and blew all the way through like i was shooting at paper and dug all the way to the fletchings in the ground. Deer ran 40 yards and crashed with a blood trail think enough to see 10 yards ahead with a flashlight.

not real sure what a bolt is but i shoot gold tip laser II arrows tipped with a slick trick broad head in my parker enforcer and they do some damage. good luck.

bolt=arrow for a crossbow just FYI