a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Changing draw length on Diamond Black Ice

Changing draw length on Diamond Black Ice

Hi my first post here. I am new to archery and bow hunting. I just purchased a used 2007 Diamond Black Ice 60#. It is set up for a 29 inch draw length. My wingspan is 74.5, which calculates to a 29.8 draw length. So I am guessing the 29 inch setting will be close. But, if not, I believe I need a new draw module installed. How much does that usually cost?

ps, yes I know I should have test shot some bows before choosing, but I didn't. I chose the Black Ice based on all the reviews I read. And, since I have never shot a bow before I am not sure what feel I would be looking for, nor could I be certain that my feel wouldn't change once I shot more. So, I am just trying to rationalize having purchased a bow I have never shot before

Draw mods are available from Diamond dealers and are changeable without a bow press.
    Mossy Oak Pro Staff-Western Big Game
    Bowtech STRYKER 380
    Twisted Archer Bowstrings
    United Wildlife Cooperative - UWC
    Camofire.com

Welcome to AT. Good choice on the bow. Great bow for hunting. I would recommend going to a good bow shop and having it set up for you unless your the kind who likes to do it yourself. Modules can be bought right here on AT classifieds and are easy to change.
    Good luck.

The Black Ice is a great bow. Set up properly, it is even greatier! One feature is the adjustable draw stop on the cam. After you gain some experience and reach a certain comfort level, you may try adjusting that draw stop a VERY little at a time in each direction and see what feels better to you. I'd sugest against making more than one move per shooting session. Give yourself time to get the feel and see what you think about it. You can play with a longer module and a shorter setting or a shorter module with a longer setting. That'll change the let-off some, but you'll be unlikely to notice it. Let-off will alter the arrow velocity a bit.

Take your time with it and you'll have a rig that's just right for you.

Best of luck to you.

Unlike most bows on the market today, Diamond bows do not require a new cam or module to set your draw length. Simply remove the mod screws, rotate the module, and re-tighten. At least six inches of draw length adjustment is available on most models, allowing for custom draw length tuning for yourself or others.
    Copied and pasted from diamond 2010 web site.

his is a 2007 model. you need a mod. you can get them from a dealer. take it to them and they will help set the bow up to you. have fun with a great shooting bow.
    "No animal was ever lost because the arrow penetrated too far"
    DR. Ed Ashby

Quote Originally Posted by Acoustic View Post
    Unlike most bows on the market today, Diamond bows do not require a new cam or module to set your draw length. Simply remove the mod screws, rotate the module, and re-tighten. At least six inches of draw length adjustment is available on most models, allowing for custom draw length tuning for yourself or others.
    Copied and pasted from diamond 2010 web site.
    earlier black ice and marquis do require a draw module. i don't think they changed that on the black ice until the 2010 model. of course they dropped their best 3d bow the Marquis.
    Can you point me toward the target, please?

my boyfriend just purchased a 2007 model from his Army buddy, and he had to change the draw length from 29" to 26.5". He had to get a new module. His module went from a DP2 to a DP4.5 I believe.

The Black Ice is a great bow, I had the '09 model but same bow. Very smooth draw, accurate, and alot quieter than my Destroyer 350. I still have not robin hooded an arrow with my destroyer, but with the Black Ice I did! (20 yards, I don't shoot at the same spot anymore inside of 40 yards, learned my lesson about ripped fletchings and chipped nocks, wasted arrows and whatnot) Anyway, yes you need a new draw module DP1 30". I would shoot the bow a little and see how it feels, have someone experienced watch your form which will tell you alot about draw length. You may be able to move the draw stop back a little, get a little more valley (1/4-1/2" maybe) and that would make it a little easier to hold back as well being new to the sport. If not try a little longer D-loop. I found it difficult to actually locate a module at several dealers, and e-bay didn't ever have the one I needed (DP3), finally found it though and was alot better. You'll enjoy that bow.