a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Making a draw stop for a Z7

Making a draw stop for a Z7

I love everything about my Z7 except for the fact that it doesn't have draw stops. Has anybody come up with an effective DIY draw stop for Mathews bows?

Interesting because the draw stop is built into their cam.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

I made one for the Triumph I had, but it had a slider instead of a roller. My stop wasn't on the cam, but was two brass nocks over some serving on the cable. It would hit the cable slide and acted as a stop, and it worked well. I guess it would work on a roller.?

if you aren't hitting the wall when you feel you should be, then your draw length is incorrect!

agree I think most pro shops will swap them out for you no charge

Quote Originally Posted by robbbinhoodx View Post
    if you aren't hitting the wall when you feel you should be, then your draw length is incorrect!

Quote Originally Posted by robbbinhoodx View Post
    No, I'm hitting it just fine. My draw length is spot on. It's just a little spongier than some other bows. I actually over-draw it at times trying to pull it hard into the wall. This is my favorite bow of any I've ever owned. My only complaint is that it doesn't have as solid of a wall as some bows with actual draw stop pegs.

Quote Originally Posted by dw'struth View Post
    I made one for the Triumph I had, but it had a slider instead of a roller. My stop wasn't on the cam, but was two brass nocks over some serving on the cable. It would hit the cable slide and acted as a stop, and it worked well. I guess it would work on a roller.?
    I thought about that, but any nock large enough to not get hung up in the roller guard would rub on the other cable.

Quote Originally Posted by joker22 View Post
    It's just a little spongier than some other bows. I actually over-draw it at times trying to pull it hard into the wall. This is my favorite bow of any I've ever owned. My only complaint is that it doesn't have as solid of a wall as some bows with actual draw stop pegs.
    There's a pretty easy fix available:

http://www.elitearchery.com/

Quote Originally Posted by alkaline View Post
    There's a pretty easy fix available:

http://www.elitearchery.com/

Yeah thanks for the info. I actually shot a Z28 and GT500 before deciding on this one. The Z7 just felt a little better to me.

If you do a search in the DYI forums, there was a guy that machined one for a Switchback. Looked pretty cool, might work for you.

SCFox