a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Adjustable draw length on a mathews FX??

Adjustable draw length on a mathews FX??

Ok so I noticed a long while back that on my main cam there is 3 attachment points marked 1,2,and 3. I pretty sure that this is how you change the draw length within an inch or two or what is marked on the limbs....Am i wrong or correct? If i am wrong what the heck does it do by attaching the string to the different posts. I was measured at a 28" draw when i bought the bow, but over the years i have learned i am closer to 27" draw. I have a new set of zebra hybrid strings on order for it and should be in sometime this week. While i have the bow on the pro shops press i was hoping i could adjust it to my correct DL. The string is currently on the 1 post. what would i gain by changing it to the 2 or 3 post??? I need to shorten the DL up by 1-1.5" max.

~Sniper in the trees!~

All asinine comments brought to by captain morgan

ttt
    ~Sniper in the trees!~

The FX comes with the option of two different eccentric systems that are both smooth to draw. While the original MaxCam covers a range of 27"-31" draws, the Mini MaxCam was designed specifically for shorter-draw-length shooters and is adjustable from 23" to 28" draws.

The original MaxCam system is adjustable from 27" to 31" draws. An Insertia Disc (made from tungsten carbide) is placed on the perimeter of every MaxCam. Draw length is adjustable on the cam a maximum of 1 inch down (in 1/2 inch decrements) from the peak draw length. To adjust the draw length, move the string loop to any of 3 adjustment posts on either side of the cam. The number 1 post is used for the longest draw length for a particular cam. To shorten the draw by 1/2 inch the string needs to be moved to the number 2 post on both sides of the cam. Similarly, the number 3 post is used to shorten the draw length by 1 inch. The MaxCam is available with 65% and 80% let-off.

The Mini MaxCam system was designed specifically for shorter-draw-length shooters (23"-28"). It can be adjusted down from its peak draw length by approximately 1/2 inch. This is accomplished by moving the string loop to the number 2 post on the cam. The Mini MaxCam is available only with 65% let-off.
    "Somedays it is just not worth chewing through the restraints!"

www.centralcarolinaarchery.com

Well i do know it is the original Max cam. The bow states on the limbs 28" DL. I did however sell it to a buddy of mine for a few years and he has a huge DL so im sure he adjusted it longer, im kickin myself in the butt for not realizing this. I did notice it was longer than I remembered it being when i first bought it. I played with it and i know i need to take 1" of length out of the bow, so i am gonna just ask the proshop to install it on the 3 post and test it out, they usually install the strings right there when u bring the bow in once they get shipped to the shop. So i should have plenty of play left in the cam to get the bow adjusted back to me perfectly. I mean it really isnt all that much difference, i have killed 5 deer with it this year out to 45 yds longest shot. I do expect once i get it tuned back up by next year i should be getting alot tighter groups. Thank you very much for your in depth answer it was exactly what i was hoping for.
    ~Sniper in the trees!~

Not that i doubted your wisdom, but i did just get bored enough i strapped up my old portable bow press and moved the cable and string to the 3rd post and it made it exactly 1" shorter...whoulda thunk....but it worked and you guys or guy in this instance, led me to the right path again...thanks
    ~Sniper in the trees!~

Quote Originally Posted by redneckone View Post
    Not that i doubted your wisdom, but i did just get bored enough i strapped up my old portable bow press and moved the cable and string to the 3rd post and it made it exactly 1" shorter...whoulda thunk....but it worked and you guys or guy in this instance, led me to the right path again...thanks
    Sorry, I cannot claim it as my wisdom. About 10 years ago, a buddy of mine had an FX that we tweaked here and there, but I could not remember anything about the settings. It started bugging me, so I just googled "Mathews FX draw length adjustment" and did the old cut and paste.

Sorry I cannot help you further.
    "Somedays it is just not worth chewing through the restraints!"

www.centralcarolinaarchery.com

No need to help me any further, it helped me exactly as i needed...once i moved the string it was exactly where it needed to be. Now off to the bowshop to replace the 7 yr old strings on that bow......bout time
    ~Sniper in the trees!~