a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Biking

Biking

I have got in 1636 miles this year riding my Giant Hybred. My last ride was on the 29th of Nov. of a 20 mile ride. Not looking good for anymore this year as a blizzard is coming and bitter cold temps. How have you done this year with your riding?
    scottstarnes.com>>>----->spyderwebtargets.com>>>------->www.epekhunting.com>>---->Elusion camo >>>---->PSEarchery.com
    Have fun with archery and archery will be fun for you.
    I've learned that there is a fine line between genius and insanity.
    I am related to a Genius and a Moron.

I haven't been able to ride at all this year, very disappointed in myself...

I've taken the last month off to do some hunting. My last serious ride was the Swank 65 in NC the first of November. If these 20 degree temps would go away I might be able to ride again.
    Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    Last Chance Archery / Power Press

westcentral Iowa,Manning (was born here )
    I ride , did about 650 miles last year , mostly on road bikes , but do own a hybred which I also ride . I got to get the trainer out as I'm done deer hunting .
    Member of WRAC

Proud owner and shooter of one of the original Jennings Buckmaster bows !

I was going to try and do a ride today with the Temps in the 50s but it is raining now so that is a wash out.
    scottstarnes.com>>>----->spyderwebtargets.com>>>------->www.epekhunting.com>>---->Elusion camo >>>---->PSEarchery.com

everytime I want to go for a ride something always comes up, haven't ridden in almost three weeks. I'm hoping things will change for me in the new year.

"05" Old Glory camo, Cobra Side Winder 5 pin, WB Deluxe, Cobra release
    Winners Choice strings, CX Maxima Hunter 350's
    Vortex Optics Nomad 20x60x60 Spotting Scope and Vortex Optics Fury 6.5x32 Roof Prism Binocular (Thank You Vortex)

I am getting the itch to ride but the weather is not co-operating just yet as still to much snow on the roads for me. Need to get some new bike tires and chain and have it all checked out at bike shop before i ride it this year. I have over 5000 on the chain and the front tire so hope i will not have to replace a lot. Have seen a few hard core riders out this month allready on Mountan bikes.

Well i got some new tires and chain and rear sprocket, lube and oil change on the bike a week ago and got it back home. Have been out for a couple of short rides trying to work my way up in milage as i get the legs back in shape. Have almost 20 miles in for this year.

i only go mountain biking and only got out a few times this year sadly with work and summer classes
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak

Its going to be sunny and in the mid 40s today so think i am going to ride today.

I need to get on my bike ,as Ragbrai coming up in July .
    Member of WRAC

I hope to start riding back and forth to work soon.
    My wife and I did a 5,000 self-contained trip across the U.S in 2000. Just the 2 of us no group.Wow what a great country. Huge and beautiful.
    Had to quit my job to do it but have never had a regret. Best thing I have ever done.

Went out yesterday for a short ride and ended up doing 27+ miles. That puts me over 77 mile for the year so far.

No doubt I need to get started , but writing about it , ain't getting it done !
    Member of WRAC

Went out a couple of days ago and put in a 20 mile ride and to day the wife want to ride so i put in another 5 with her so that puts me at the 103+ miles for the year.

Got out today and got in another 20+ mile ride and now have 137+ on my log book.

Got out today again with some showers on the horizon but never got wet. Made it back home with 19.806 miles on the odometer.Puts me at a tic under 175 for the year.

Smile Here's what I think !

I got to get going , better ride the trainer again tonight !
    Member of WRAC

I got out with my Son and granddaughter (in trailer) and another friend and we got in a tic over 15 miles which now puts me at 190 for the year. It was kinda windy so we staid in some areas that were protected from most of the high winds we had.

Well i finally got out again with a friend for some riding today. Going on the out ride was nice but boy when we turned the corner and headed for home it was brutal. We even had to pedal down hill it was so windy, but when i got back home had in a little over 20 miles. Puts me at 216 + for the year now.

I got top get one of my bikes out today !
    Member of WRAC

I rode my old roadbike yesterday , 10 miles , it's a start !
    Member of WRAC

Well i have added about 36 miles to my yearly total on the last 2 ride i was able to get out on and now have 253+ on my log book for this year.
    Carpshooter ya gotta start somewhere.

I averaged between 75 - 100 miles a week on my road bike. I'm training and hoping to participate in this years Amtrak Century ( 100 miles )in San Diego CA in September. We did the Volkswagen City of Angels fun ride last Sunday sponsored by the LAPD. I clocked 2 hours 42 minutes in 53 miles around downtown LA with rolling closure by LAPD and elevation gain of 1500 ft. Im no professional cyclist but two years ago when my doctor told me lose weight I pick a fitness road bike and I got hooked. Months later I switched to road bikes. Im lucky coz theirs a river trail close to my house that will take me around 70 miles round trip from the beach to the mountains. I usually ride after work before wife and kid gets home from work/school. Two hours everyTuesdays and Thursday and practically whole morning on Saturdays. I alternate this with going to gym Mon/Wed/Friday.

Im 42 right now and never been this fit before I started riding my bike. When I started about two years ago I wt. around 230 lbs @ 5 ft 10 inches, now Im down to 190. I also influenced a few people when they notice that I lost a lot of Weght and we started a sort of a cycling team. We will be riding again this coming Saturday ( a metric century about 63 miles ) for the benefit of a foundation that will build elementary schools in third world countries. Ill post pictures of our previous ride and my bikes ( I got 2 ) later.
    09 Diamond Iceman

What type of road bike do you got tatso7 ?
    Member of WRAC

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast