Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Biking

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    What type of road bike do you got tatso7 ?
    My daily workhorse is a 2010 FUJI Newest 3.0 that I upgraded to shimano 105 group. My Weekend bike is a 2011 Diamondback Podium 6 full Carbon with Shimano ultegra group. I really a got a good deal on the FUJI bike at Performance Bike. They were on sale for $399 when I got mine and I got 20% back for being a performance team member. Good entry level road bike with relax geometry.
    09 Diamond Iceman

I put about 35 miles of awesome NE trail riding in last weekend! Felt great to finally have the weather turn so I could get out and do some pedaling!

westcentral Iowa,Manning (was born here )
    Quote Originally Posted by tatso7 View Post
    My daily workhorse is a 2010 FUJI Newest 3.0 that I upgraded to shimano 105 group. My Weekend bike is a 2011 Diamondback Podium 6 full Carbon with Shimano ultegra group. I really a got a good deal on the FUJI bike at Performance Bike. They were on sale for $399 when I got mine and I got 20% back for being a performance team member. Good entry level road bike with relax geometry.
    Wow , putting Shimano 105 on an entry level bike would cost a fortune , what did you replace anyway ?

I brought a Podium 3 a few years back , gave it to my son almost after owning it a month . My son replaced the crank & chainrings with 105 stuff , and did that make an improvement , has ultegra brakes ( also added ) along with the 105 / ultegra components

I own a Jamis steel frame Ventura with Tiagra componets including brakes with 105 axles and rims . Also own a French made steel frame Peugeot bike with 105 brakes , besides a Diamondbake hybred bike and a Tamdem Diamondback .

Hope to ride at least a thousand mile plus this year !
    Member of WRAC

Proud owner and shooter of one of the original Jennings Buckmaster bows !

I got the parts from craigslist so its not really that costly. Anyway, I did my first metric century today clocking 4 hours and 3 minutes with a distance of 67.1 miles, three uphill climb with elevation gain of 1300 ft. I was very tired on the last climb but i did make it with the pack behind the leader. Their were about 280 riders. It was bad when we arrived at the finish line coz one of the rider on the first group collapse ( possible cardiac arrest ) just 200 yards to the finish line. Fortunately 2 riders on his group are doctors which then applied CPR. I need to relax my hinds a little bit so tommorow Im to going to the range and hit some foam
    09 Diamond Iceman

I went out today with a friend after all the rain we been having this is the first doy for a while with no rain in forcast. Got is a 25+ trip and this puts me over the 300 mark for the year so far. Yes riding is a great way to lose some of the extra weight and see the country side also. I always carry a small camera with me incase i see some photo op material.
    scottstarnes.com>>>----->spyderwebtargets.com>>>------->www.epekhunting.com>>---->Elusion camo >>>---->PSEarchery.com
    Have fun with archery and archery will be fun for you.
    I've learned that there is a fine line between genius and insanity.
    I am related to a Genius and a Moron.

I'm behind pace this year. Only 150 miles in so far. We have had terrible riding this spring. Combined with my daughters upcoming graduation my time has been limited. Count me in with the converts to biking for fitness. At 53 it maintains my sanity as well as my health.
    ______________________________ _________

In the land of the blind the man with one eye is king.

Bought my bike last May (a Trek FX 7.3.) The Garmin says I've gone 596 miles. Not bad for my first year regularly riding

I didn't ride to much this past winter but now I'm starting to get back into, kind slow for now, been keeping the rides between 10 and 25 miles so far(Fx 7.3). The week of my 55th birthday I made a point of riding past my age, I did a little over 60 miles.
    "05" Old Glory camo, Cobra Side Winder 5 pin, WB Deluxe, Cobra release
    Winners Choice strings, CX Maxima Hunter 350's
    Vortex Optics Nomad 20x60x60 Spotting Scope and Vortex Optics Fury 6.5x32 Roof Prism Binocular (Thank You Vortex)

I am ahead of last year riding so far as i am up to 621. My longest so far has been 40. We have had a lot of rain here also and has held me back also. I will be hitting the big 70 this summer. I have also noticed my weight has gone down a few pounds also with all the riding which is a good thing. Keep up with the riding guys.
    scottstarnes.com>>>----->spyderwebtargets.com>>>------->www.epekhunting.com>>---->Elusion camo >>>---->PSEarchery.com

just did 41 miles today on a pave trail , feel great !
    Member of WRAC

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    just did 41 miles today on a pave trail , feel great !
    I went on a ride with my brother and brother-in-law yesterday and my brother and I did a total of 29.5, it was a nice slow ride
    Vortex Optics Nomad 20x60x60 Spotting Scope and Vortex Optics Fury 6.5x32 Roof Prism Binocular (Thank You Vortex)

Well i haven't posted for a while now so better get everyone up to date. I am now at 976 miles for the year. Have a son and another friend that i get out and ride with when we can do so with out rain. Sometimes my son pulls the 2 yr old grandaughter in a trailer also. Looks like some more rain coming in this week so gonna be hit and miss if we get any riding done. Son did a 100 miler at the Indy 500 track a couple of weeks ago at the Tour de cure for Diabetis. He got it done in under 6 hrs also. I just went to watch and support for him. There sure was a lot of folks riding in this event. I heard around 1800 rode it but i did see a number tag of 1677.

Thumbs up Here's what I think !

I've ridden some , maybe a little over 200= miles so far , as I ridden two different bikes . I got to get going , but it rains alot here !

We got to support each other , as biking is really what I like to do !
    Member of WRAC

Well i called up my friend yesterday and we went out for a short ride that turned in to 30 miles. Windy on the out ride but sure was nice on the down wind ride back home. This puts me at 1026 for this year so far. Temps was 75 when we started out and was 85 when we got home and it sure did get muggy also.

I think that I got about 260+ miles so far !
    Member of WRAC

A friend called me this morning about 8:30 and wanted to ride, so i says come on over. It was nice going out with the wind but rough coming back home into the wind. When we got back home I had another 37 miles so this puts me at 1125 for this year. Was a beautiful day for riding and had a couple of deer walk across the road in front of us also.

Thumbs up A little known fact !

Took my 12 year old grandson on a 65 mile round trip ride , on this bike , he took the photo of me at a bridge on the trail and I of him at the end of the ride !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Member of WRAC

I have thought about getting a tandem of some kind for me and the wife. She has fallen about 3 times this year and is now afraid to ride. Got out this am with my son Scott and Dee for a 12 mile ride before the heat set in. This ride puts me at 1255 for the year so far. Hope we can get out more as i hear its suppose to rain for several days this week. Got on the scales this morning after the ride and my weight is down to 215. Keep on riding guys. Its good for ya.

Seeing how flat it is out there, you should enjoy a tandem. I'm just starting to get back in shape after a breathing illness for the last 6 months that really wore me down. My wife and I have a co-motion, and enjoyed many century tours and metric centuries over the last few years. Before that I raced bikes and had no problems pulling up the hills around here on the tandem. Yesterday we finally got out again, and the hills were tough. Still nice going down at 40mph though. Got over 50mph a couple times, and did a time trial once, 40K at an average speed of 23mph. We had no competition so there was no need to push it for the state jersey. I'm hoping to get back in shape enough to do tours again, and at least be able to hang with the club riders,if not race. Right now I'm only doing 20ml rides. Wish I was able to do 65mls with my grandson before he's too big, and I'm to old.

Smile A little known fact !

I live in the hilly side of Iowa , as the picture is on a bike trail that was a Railroad right of way ( only 3% grade at the most ).

I got a brand new Trek 2.3 road bike , am going to ride a few days on RAGBRAI again this year !

May ride that tandem with grandson a day also !
    Member of WRAC

Well am now up to 1437 miles for the year. Carpshooter thats a nice looking tandem. A friend of mine that we sometimes ride with has a 3 wheel trike so i take my wife over for her to test it out. She loved it so we found a nice used one up by Chicago and bought it. She has ridden it for about 8 miles so far and likes it really well. We go out early in the am when its still kinda cool and do our riding also. Keep on riding folks.

A little known fact !

Thankyou archerycharlie , but I rode a few days ( 3rd & 4th ) on RAGBRAI again this year on my new TREK 2.3 Alpha !

I seem to make it a few days every year !

I need to ride alot more , as besides archery , it is what I like to do !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Member of WRAC

5 friends and I went to Chicago yesterday to ride the Lake front trail from one end to the other. Got in a little over 41 miles so this puts me at 1529 for the year. It was a nice sunny day in the 80s along the lake front. Lots of folks out and about but not as bad as last year. Trail is a little over 20 miles with a couple of small side trips. Took it nice and slow and stopped a lot for photos and snacks and water. Keep on riding folks as it is good for you. Almost got wiped out by an Ice cream vender as he was coming down a slight grade and passing some others and going way to fast for his rig.

We're finally getting ride time in. My lungs have gotten better and the weather has cooled down a little, allowing us to get in 20-30mile rides before it is too hot. Went 37 by myself over Sunrise Mt and High Point Mt. It was a little ugly, but I made it. I'm hoping we're in shape by next year to do 100 mile tours, and I would like to race(shhh!)again.

I got in 12 miles this morning, felt like a lot more then that. I was able to keep my avg speed up, I did the 12 miles with an avg speed of 15.7mph, not to bad with all the traffic lights I had to stop at

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast