a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Biking

Put a little over 200 miles on my Trek 6500 since Jan, then picked up this Trek Rumblefish the first of March - have about 140 miles on it. At least 1/2 of my miles are off road. Did 40 miles of trails last weekend - what a blast!

Well am up to 357 for this years riding and am ahead of last year already as getting started this year in Jan with all the nice weather. Last year didn't have 300 till in May.. Have 957 on the indoor trainer and it sure has helped out on the transition to out side riding i am sure. Happy Riding to all.

scottstarnes.com>>>----->spyderwebtargets.com>>>------->www.epekhunting.com>>---->Elusion camo >>>---->PSEarchery.com
    Have fun with archery and archery will be fun for you.
    I've learned that there is a fine line between genius and insanity.
    I am related to a Genius and a Moron.

Anyone riding a 29er and if so is there that much difference?

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    O yea, I just picked up a Trek Marlin 29er hardtail and its night and day to a 26" bike in terms of mtn riding. You carry and generate so much power its unreal. Just as an example this bike is like popping a clutch on a atv, if your in any gear under 5 and pedal hard up hill you have to lean forward to keep the front wheel on the ground. Something no 26" bike ive ever rode could do. Only thing is id go up to the next level, this bike is alpha gold but has some weight, the next level up is slightly lighter but 300 bucks more

I am riding a Giant Hybred but i do see a lot of the 29ers around. I am up to 427 now on my road riding as i got in a 25+ yesterday and 31+ today. It was a great day for riding as the wind was very low so was crusin along no matter which way we went.
    scottstarnes.com>>>----->spyderwebtargets.com>>>------->www.epekhunting.com>>---->Elusion camo >>>---->PSEarchery.com

I got in another 20 yesterday and am up to 447 for the year. Is on the verge of getting some rain now and the winds are howling also so no riding today.

Got in a 21+ ride in yesterday with son and a friend. Was a little cool at start but did warm up somewhat and kinda windy in places also out of the north.

Well have 580 on my log book for the year so far. I am ahead of last year as started to ride in Jan. this year All rides have been 20 or more so far. Met up with another rider yesterday while out riding. He was on a recumbent and was going to have around 80 when he gets back home. He rode with us for about 10 miles before we dropped him at his going home spot while we were on our going home last leg also. He said he had well over 1000 miles in this year.

Had a giant 29er hardtail and loved it.. sold it to get a giant anthem 29er full squishy.. its like going from 31-10.50s on your truck to 40 inch swampers.. you carry so much speed and can just run over rock gardens and huge roots like theres nothn there..ARCHERYCHARLIE YOU MY FRIEND ARE AN INSPIRATION TO RIDE MORE AND MORE EVERYDAY...Keep up the riding my friend
    HOYT NITRIUM TURBO!!! on the way..bring on the harvest brown baby..
    JOHNS CUSTOM ARCHERY PRO STAFF
    BLACK EAGLE ARROWS FIELD STAFF!!
    TEAM WHACK'EM&STACK'EM VP!! LAYING THE PIMPSLAP ON CRITTERS 20 YRS STRONG!

Went out with my son and grand daughter and 5 others yesterday to a new bike trail for some riding. We will be going back to this one a lot more as it wasen't crowded at all. Met several nice folks out riding also as we asked a lot of questions about the trail. Had to go 19 miles to find a place to eat and then we rode back to the start point. got in 38 miles on this ride. Was not an overly hot day so did not get over heated while riding. I now have 647 on my log book for the year and this was our longest ride for the years also.DSCF3045.jpg

Went back to the Cardinal Greenway Trail that goes from Richmond Indiana north through Muncie and Marion and Gaston.. 4 of us went this time and we got in a 50 mile ride. It was nice and shady and a slight rolling trail for an old rail road bed. Am up to 749 now for the year.

Been out a few more times and now up to 820 on my log book.

Went on an organized ride today and got is a 35 miler so am now up to 855 for the year.

Have been out for a few more rides and am up to 961 now.

DSCF3147.jpgWent over to Indy 500 track for the Tour D Cure ride yesterday and watched my son do the 100 mile challenge in a little over 6hrs. I saw this trike that i would like to have but i cannot afford it.

Well how are all the riders doing out there on these hotter days. I try and get out in the am and get done before it gets to hot and windy. They saying its going to be the warmest day of the year and the longest day of the year also. Am up to 1117 miles on my log book now for this year. So better get ready for a ride today as will have more time to get it done. C-ya out on the road somewhere..

I am having trouble in beleiving that i have riddin 154+ miles this week, but i have added it up 2 times. I have never done that much in a week in my life. Am taking the day off today. Am up to 1221+ for the year now also so still ahead of last years riding. Get out and ride for your life as its good for ya. I am checking out the trikes now and am thinking about getting one if i can find one that i can afford.

Am now up to 1352 for the year. Went over to Ill for a 40 mile ride yesterday. It was the Mackinaw Valley Vineyard Tour. south of Pekin. Was a great ride and dinner after the ride also included. Am planing on doing this ride again next year.

Yes It's all that and more! 29ers roll much faster over roots while still maintaing turns like a 26er. I do feel that the 29er has more give then a 26. I ride a 2011 Cannondale Flash 1 29er...LEFTY!!!!!

westcentral Iowa,Manning (was born here )

Thumbs up A little known fact !

I have about 1000+ miles done by now and will be on RAGBRAI coming up next week , as I am ready for a day or two in the largest bike ride of the world !

I'll try to post some photos !
    Member of WRAC

Proud owner and shooter of one of the original Jennings Buckmaster bows !

OK new to the forum,not been rideing for about 18 months broken ankle and wrist,no ankle was a motorcycle accident and the wrist was a slip on ice,all in the same year.Well now am much better and gettin back on the bike.Got 162 miles behind me now and feeling good.Been at it for about a month now and will be doing another 25 miles tomorrow so looking to get atleast 500 before the winter comes.

Welcome sergiesmax. Don't over do it out in all this heat we been having. Carry plenty of water or Gaterade and keep hydrated. I am now up to 1804 for this year as have been riding a little over 100 a week for a while now so it does add up. 3 of us got in a 40 yesterday and just as i got home i had a flat tire. Took it to bike shop to have them check it out and had small pieces of glass stuck in tire. Will have to go and walk the street i rode in on and see if someone has put out some glass on the street like i did a while back. Got a new tire and tube put on so am ready to go on Monday. Keep on riding folks. Be safe when you do.

Sergiesmax, get out early, back by 10am, unless you live in Alaska. Too damn hot after that. A broken pelvis may be the only break that's worse than an ankle or wrist for biking. Hope it doesn't take you too long to get back into shape. Enjoy!

westcentral Iowa,Manning (was born here )

A little known fact !

I've ridden my road bikes alot this year and did do a day on RAGBRAI !
    Member of WRAC

Proud owner and shooter of one of the original Jennings Buckmaster bows !

Well i am now up to 2127 for this year. Went up to Chicago on Saturday with 4 other guys and rode the lake front trail for 43 miles from one end to the other and back. Got out today with a friend ad got in another 22 miles. Was a tad on the foggy side but it was mostly up high so we had no troubles seeing down on the roads.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast