Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60

Thread: HECS body suites?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Clermont County, Oh
    Posts
    41

    HECS body suites?

    Just watched a paid program discussing the "Human Energy Concealment System", is there anyone out there who actually uses one and whats your opinion on them?

    AM 32 63lb, 29.5 DL, GT Expedition Hunter 7595 @ 28, NAP Killzone Broadheads, Limb Driver and B Stinger.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    W.PA
    Posts
    1,692
    Ttt

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,019
    Personally, I think it's ridiculous. When it first came out, there was a pretty good sized thread about it and that was everyone's general feeling. You can probably find the thread if you do some searching.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Columbia County NY
    Posts
    367
    Flying arrow sports in east greenbush NY sells these. I havent personally tried one out but have seen the video up at there shop. There have been a few magazine articles written on the hecs body suit, I would proably google it, good luck to ya.

  5. #5
    It's nonsense. Search for previous threads on the subject. There are plenty.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Macon MS
    Posts
    435
    i have one and i think the hogs are a lot more relaxed at close range. when i say close i mean 10 yds. and they havent the slightest idea you are there. if you get one you will love it.

  7. #7
    If you blow that kind of money on something then I guess you have to not only rationalize it, but also try to talk other people into wasting their money too.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Not Chicago
    Posts
    9,302
    Quote Originally Posted by commander 318 View Post
    i have one and i think the hogs are a lot more relaxed at close range. when i say close i mean 10 yds. and they havent the slightest idea you are there. if you get one you will love it.
    Do you wear a foil helmet so they dont hear you thinking about shooting them?
    55#/28.5"/Blacked out D340/Blk Octane hunter/LD Pro/Blk Tight Spot/Axcel Pro 5pin/ Axis 340s/Steelhead 125s = Deadly
    "Why we hunt is more important than when, where, or how" - Gene Wensel
    Team #36 Buck U....Classes begin soon, prepare to be schooled

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Macon MS
    Posts
    435
    no. and about the price? they dont cost as much as some clothes. if you buy a shirt and pants and headnet at bass pro you will pay at least a 100 bucks

  10. #10
    Posted this in the general section as well.

    Thought I might answer your question from the point of view from someone who has used a HECS suit and hunted with others also wearing them.
    I am in New Zealand and have an archery shop here. NZ is where the HECS fabric was developed by Warren Bird at FOB Direct.
    All of the hunting I have done in the suit has been spot and stalk, no treestands or blinds. Many of the properties I hunt you can expect to see between 50 and 200 deer a day, lots of eyes, ears and noses.

    This year I have spent around 40 days hunting and have successfully guided seven bowhunters on deer and have managed to find the time to shoot a couple myself. The species taken have been red, fallow, sambar and rusa deer.
    While wearing the suit I have had 4 encounters with deer under 5 yards. I have been this close to deer before without HECS but not so many times in one year. I have also had a deer at 10 yards as well.
    On one occasion I stalked into a bedded sambar stag from 10 to 5 yards in an effort to get a shot. Stalk was uphill and when I got into 5 I had to wait for it to stand up. Two of us wearing HECS waited for a couple of minutes before he heard me come back to full draw. When he stood up I struck bowhunters luck with a tree trunk in line with its chest, no chance of a shot.

    I have noticed animals are a lot quieter when you are in close. HECS won’t prevent deer seeing, smelling or hearing you but when I have been undetected amongst deer I haven’t been pinged for no particular reason.
    An example of being pinged for no reason (not wearing HECS) happened early in our hunting season when I was guiding on red stags in March. My client and I had 6 stags feed past us at between 24 and 31 yards over a 30minute period. We were both camoed head to foot and standing 7 yards back into a large stand of trees while they fed past a gap in a clearing in front of us. The stags were in no hurry and we enjoyed watching them. Unfortunately for my client they were either too big or too young for him to shoot. What surprised me was as the stags fed through, always one at a time. Two of the six stags stopped feeding and looked straight at us for no apparent reason. We were both stationary and silent with the wind constantly in our favour.
    Since wearing the HECS this hasn’t happened again. Even had a large red walk up to 3 yards on my wife and me while wearing HECS.

    Farm animals, which can often ruin a stalk, sheep and cattle, react differently when the suit is being worn.

    Below is a portion of a quote I did for a hunting magazine here which reviewed the HECS.

    “I do not know how the effectiveness of the suit can be quantified scientifically but it is certainly an item of clothing/technology I do also not wish to be without when hunting.
    I am sure the more hunting done wearing HECS will yield similar results.

    If I was asked does the suit work I would reply, “I cannot measure it but I have experienced some particularly close encounters, game animals seem to be calmer and I haven’t experienced that extra sense of being “pinged” for no apparent reason while wearing the suit”.

    For those of you that haven’t tried it I can understand your scepticism. It is a new technology and most new things take a while to be accepted. However HECS is now something I always wear when I go hunting. The suit is easy to wear, goes over or under your hunting clothes.
    It doesn’t make you invisible, it does not allow you to walk up to animals and just shoot them. My experience is it buys me more time to get a shot away, or to get in a little closer.
    The other bowhunters I know who wear HECS all have stories of close encounters and animals reacting differently.
    All of the anecdotes I have mentioned, deer under 5 yards, deer walking up to me, deer letting me get closer for a shot and not running away I have experienced before I wore HECS but I have never had so many of these in just four months (April 2011 to July 2011).

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,097
    And the Scent Lok guys are going to wanna know if you wear the HECS system under or over your Scent Lok?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by JWaltrip View Post
    And the Scent Lok guys are going to wanna know if you wear the HECS system under or over your Scent Lok?
    actually the suit is a scent blocker already so no don't need to wear scent lok with it.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by twiztidbow View Post
    actually the suit is a scent blocker already....
    Actually, no...it isn't.

  14. #14
    i wear mine when i wanna cuddle up with one in their bedding areas. first, i dip it in carbon so no matter the wind direction they cant smell me, then i put it on under an asat leafy suit and crawl one inch at a time from the truck into the bedding area. when i get there a week later it has to be before light because we know deer cant see in the dark because we cant. at that time when they come back and lay down i hold my breath until i black out and when i wake up the deer have accepted me as part of the tribe.
    Only ever borrow money if someone else is paying it off for you! Do you know what this means?

  15. #15
    I wanted to scoff at first but I use scent lok and know it works, I do not care what others say I have used it with success that I had not had before I wore the stuff. I read the posts and wonder if the negative posters ever tried it. I am sceptical but might be tempted to try it, based on what actual users have said. I will ask you all this ever walk in your house and even if it's quiet sence if people are there or not? Just a thought.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Big Time View Post
    I read the posts and wonder if the negative posters ever tried it.
    Do you need to actually stick your hand into a roaring fire and hold it there to know that you'll end up with serious burns as a result? No...because you can reliably predict that result based on knowledge you already have regarding the properties of fire and human flesh. Similarly, if you have any understanding at all of the science that is *claimed* to be behind the HECS suit you can reliably deduce that it's a load of unsupported nonsense. Add to that the dishonesty repeatedly demonstrated here and elsewhere by the company with regard to those claims and it would require an enormous leap of faith to conclude that HECS is anything other than a transparent scam designed to do nothing other than part you from your cash.

    The Scent-Lok analogy is a poor one because the principle of carbon as an odor-filter has been well-established and understood for a long time. There is however NO scientific support for the claims being made by the HECS people, and in fact their claims are not even internally consistent. They can't even decide if they're talking about electromagnetic fields or electromagnetic radiation, and repeatedly mix the two up as though they were interchangable.

    Seriously...try a search of the previous HECS threads in which these issue have been thoroughly covered in detail.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DParker View Post
    Do you need to actually stick your hand into a roaring fire and hold it there to know that you'll end up with serious burns as a result? No...because you can reliably predict that result based on knowledge you already have regarding the properties of fire and human flesh. Similarly, if you have any understanding at all of the science that is *claimed* to be behind the HECS suit you can reliably deduce that it's a load of unsupported nonsense. Add to that the dishonesty repeatedly demonstrated here and elsewhere by the company with regard to those claims and it would require an enormous leap of faith to conclude that HECS is anything other than a transparent scam designed to do nothing other than part you from your cash.

    The Scent-Lok analogy is a poor one because the principle of carbon as an odor-filter has been well-established and understood for a long time. There is however NO scientific support for the claims being made by the HECS people, and in fact their claims are not even internally consistent. They can't even decide if they're talking about electromagnetic fields or electromagnetic radiation, and repeatedly mix the two up as though they were interchangable.

    Seriously...try a search of the previous HECS threads in which these issue have been thoroughly covered in detail.
    So, you are against it then?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Big Time View Post
    So, you are against it then?
    I'm "against" any scam...and willful dishonesty in general. Shouldn't everyone be?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    bulldog country
    Posts
    266
    A fool and his money are easily parted! Let me remind you, I'm broker than you know what, but not from an atomic brainshield suit.

  20. #20
    It shouldn’t do but it keeps on surprising me the negative comments people make about something they have not even used and in the case of HECS something they probably haven’t even seen.

    I am not sure about the science behind HECS but from my experience (and others) it makes a difference when ground hunting.
    Do you really need to know about the science to know if something works or not?? Do you have to know how everything works before you will use it??
    Do you know how a microwave oven works, a GPS, a telephone, a computer, the internet, etc....? They all work, you don’t need to understand the science behind a microwave to heat something up. You just use it.

    I have used HECS, I live in New Zealand, I am not trying to promote a product which I can sell to you guys living in the US.
    I answered a question asking if anyone had used a HECS and what was their opinion of it. Two people (including myself) replied they had tried them and they noticed a difference in how animal reacted.

    I don’t know what your problem is DParker but I thought rather than rubbish the posts made by those who have actually tried HECS you would have asked some questions to further your knowledge. Perhaps you know it all already?

    If HECS is a scam then from what I have seen the scam is on the animals I have hunted, they are fooled not the wearer.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    It shouldnít do but it keeps on surprising me the negative comments people make about something they have not even used and in the case of HECS something they probably havenít even seen.
    You're making baseless and invalid assumptions here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    I am not sure about the science behind HECS
    I am. So are many others. Are you under the impression that knowledge and understanding of the principles that are claimed as the basis for the product in question is somehow not useful when it comes to making a determination about it's likely effectiveness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    but from my experience (and others) it makes a difference when ground hunting.
    No. You've *concluded* that it makes a difference, almost certainly due to the fact that you want (and need) to believe that it does so that you don't feel like you got ripped off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    Do you really need to know about the science to know if something works or not?? Do you have to know how everything works before you will use it??
    I need to have some rational reason to believe that something will - or at least should - work before I invest time and money into it. Understanding the principles behind a product's claims goes a long way toward helping me make intelligent decisions in that area.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    Do you know how a microwave oven works, a GPS, a telephone, a computer, the internet, etc....?
    Yes, actually, I do know how they work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    They all work, you donít need to understand the science behind a microwave to heat something up. You just use it.
    Because they're proven technologies, most of which originated with reputable researchers and companies. If they were some new whiz-bang invention coming from someone who is a proven liar then...well...then I'd make my decision based on my own knowledge and an assessment of the probability that the product can/will perform as advertised.

    I'll make you a hypothetical wager: I've never dropped a raw chicken egg from the top of a 10-story building onto the concrete sidewalk below, and I'm going to assume you never have either. Following your reasoning, neither of us really know what would happen since we haven't tried it. But I'm betting that my knowledge of gravity and the construction of chicken's eggs will allow me to reliably predict that the egg shell will shatter, and the contents therein will be spilled onto the sidewalk. Furthermore, I'm so confident that I'm right that I'll offer you 100:1 odds if you'll take up a bet that I'm wrong. Let's say....I'll pay you US$10,000 if I win, and you only have to pay me US$100 if you win. Does that sound like a bet you'd take? After all, you're getting 100:1 on something that you really should say is a 50:50 proposition regarding the probably outcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    I donít know what your problem is DParker...
    My problem? Well, mostly I don't like obvious scams and people who blatantly and repeatedly lie to promote their scams. I also don't like to see people being ripped off. Perhaps in your value system these sorts of things are perfectly acceptable. In mine, they aren't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    but I thought rather than rubbish the posts made by those who have actually tried HECS you would have asked some questions to further your knowledge. Perhaps you know it all already?
    I know enough. Just because you slept through your high school school science courses doesn't mean that everyone else did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    If HECS is a scam then from what I have seen the scam is on the animals I have hunted, they are fooled not the wearer.
    No, it's you who are being fooled. But you're being fooled willingly, because you don't want to believe that you were fooled into buying something useless.

    As an exercise, go to YouTube and see how many videos you can find of people (mostly hunters) sitting still with wild game animals (deer, moose, etc.) walking - quite calmly - to within just a few yards of the hunter/camera (you know...electronic equipment that emits EMF) without the benefit of any magical cloaks of electromagnetic invisibility. You'll quickly lose count because there are so many. So...animals will calmly walk close to you if you're wearing a HECS suit. But they'll just as often walk just as close, and just as calmly, WITHOUT a HECS suit. Conclusion? The HECS suit must work!

    Most school kids can figure out the problem with that logic.

  22. #22
    So after all of your science you still have not said if you have tried a suit or not.

    Do you even bowhunt?

    You are quite correct when you say you can have close encounters without HECS, I said this too.
    My experience with HECS is they happen more frequently, much more frequently for me and the others I know who have used the suits.

    What is your experience with HECS? None I gather.....

    Also;
    You do not need camo clothing to get close to game.
    You do not need to cover your hands and face to get close to game.
    You donít need a compound bow, sights and release aid to shoot game.
    You donít need rangefinders to shoot game.

    But you will get close more often wearing camo
    You will get close more often covering you hands and face.
    Using a compound with sights and a release will make you a more consistent and accurate shot
    Using rangefinders will stop you guessing the wrong distance

    You do not NEED any of the above but they help and by the amount of people buying and using them they appear to work.

    To say that because someone has paid for an item then they must say it works is utterly ridiculous. On this forum there have been plenty of people complaining about products they have paid good money for and they have not worked.
    I responded to a question re HECS asking if anyone had tried HECS and what they thought of it.
    Do you think, really think, that if a purchased something which didnít work but because I spend good money on it I would feel compelled to anonymously reply that it works??? Really???

    I donít what your problem is with HECS DParker, seems you have an axe to grind.

    Why not leave the discussion to those who are open minded and can decide for themselves?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,217
    Just wear HECS under your sent-loc and use a mathews bow walk out and shoot your buck at 5 yards with a rage broad head and you may get a pass-tru...You Smoked him baby ..

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    So after all of your science you still have not said if you have tried a suit or not.
    Oh, pardon me if my fancy book larnin' confused you there, but I thought the fact that I'd evaluated it as an obvious scam and the company as a being habitual liars would have made it pretty obvious to even a child that I wouldn't waste my money on it. But somehow that seems to have slipped by you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    Do you even bowhunt?
    Yes. Do you always resort to childish non-sequiturs so quickly? And where is your answer to MY questions? Or do you think that obligation only falls on others?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    You are quite correct when you say you can have close encounters without HECS, I said this too.
    My experience with HECS is they happen more frequently, much more frequently for me and the others I know who have used the suits.

    What is your experience with HECS? None I gather.....
    And I gather that you haven't understood a single word that I've posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    Also;
    You do not need camo clothing to get close to game.
    You do not need to cover your hands and face to get close to game.
    You don’t need a compound bow, sights and release aid to shoot game.
    You don’t need rangefinders to shoot game.

    But you will get close more often wearing camo
    You will get close more often covering you hands and face.
    Using a compound with sights and a release will make you a more consistent and accurate shot
    Using rangefinders will stop you guessing the wrong distance

    You do not NEED any of the above but they help and by the amount of people buying and using them they appear to work.

    To say that because someone has paid for an item then they must say it works is utterly ridiculous.
    No, actually, it's a pretty well-known facet of human psychology.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    On this forum there have been plenty of people complaining about products they have paid good money for and they have not worked.
    I responded to a question re HECS asking if anyone had tried HECS and what they thought of it.
    Do you think, really think, that if a purchased something which didn’t work but because I spend good money on it I would feel compelled to anonymously reply that it works??? Really???
    Really.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    I don’t what your problem is with HECS DParker, seems you have an axe to grind.
    So even after having it explained to you in simple, explicit terms...you still don't know what my "problem" is with HECS, you still don't know what it is? I don't know what to tell you then, cowboy. Maybe have someone sit down with you when you read these posts and help you out with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    Why not leave the discussion to those who are open minded and can decide for themselves?
    Why not leave the forum moderation to the moderators?

    A lack of informed skepticism doesn't make you "open minded".

    And who the hell is now unable to decide anything for themselves because of my posts?

  25. #25
    So let’s see if I understand the story so far;
    1) You have dismissed the HECS suit because of your understanding (fancy book larnin’) of the scientific claims made about it and you think the company selling it tells lies.
    2) You think all of those who have tried HECS and liked it are only saying it is good because they paid good money for it so (due to human nature as you claim) have to say it works.
    3) You have never tried a suit so therefore have no actual experience with HECS


    On my side;
    1) I have an understanding of the concept behind the suit and how it works
    2) I have worn the suit for 17 days in the field out of 35 days guiding/hunting so far this year
    3) All my hunting is ground hunting, spot and stalk and still hunting
    4) During that 17 days I had 4 deer, 2 fallow, 1 sambar and 1 red deer at 5 yards or less and a rusa deer at 10yards. Without the suit the closest I got was 19 yards on a large red stag.
    5) I was asked to try out the HECS suit by a clothing company here. I did not pay for it. I had the option of returning the suit if I didn’t like it. I was not paid to try it.
    6) I tried it and gave it to three others to try, everyone liked it
    7) Everyone who tried it shot deer wearing it
    8) Everyone who tried the suit (at no cost) got their own HECS
    9) Liked it so much we decided to sell them in our shop in New Zealand. I do not expect to make any sales by talking about HECS on AT
    10) I have shot 2 deer wearing HECS, a sambar and a rusa stag. I have guided 2 others on deer while wearing HECS, the hunters I guided also wore HECS
    11) Animals seem quieter when you are in close
    12) Animals put up with more movement
    13) Hunting is more fun in a HECS

    If this is correct then please tell me why any of your arguments against what I am saying about HECS (no experience vs experience) could possibly be taken seriously?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •