a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Broadhead Talk.

Broadhead Talk.

Hey everyone
    What do you guys think about broadheads? Fixxed or Mechanical?
    Lets hear what you have to say.

do a search and you will find plenty of info. topic has been beaten to death.
    PSE Drive Lt
    70# 27"
    Carbon Express Pile driver Hunter
    125gr NAP Thunderhead

Quote Originally Posted by coyote1664 View Post
    do a search and you will find plenty of info. topic has been beaten to death.
    Monster 7/ NAP Apache/ 394 gr. velocity/ HHA ol 5519/ Bloodruuner 2 blade & ramcats.

Mechanicals are illegal here in oregon. Even if I could use a mechanical I would still shoot a fixed broadhead.
    Muzzy's do plenty of damage!!

Fixed guy here.

Lien2

Lol at coyote!!!
    You are the type of downer here!!
    If you don't like the thread why waste your time. Don't post!!
    Or do you just come here to throw out a shot of negativity.
    Some people just have no couth!!!

i am not a downer at all, i was just simply stating that there is a lot of info on broadheads if he did a search. i am tired of reading all the bash threads myself so i just tried to stop another one from happening.
    PSE Drive Lt
    70# 27"
    Carbon Express Pile driver Hunter
    125gr NAP Thunderhead

I like mechanicals to be specific T3s. Im no tuning einstein and never can get fixed heads to hit the same as Fps. Now with rear deploying blades you get great entrance holes as well as exits

Quote Originally Posted by camo-timber View Post
    Mechanicals are illegal here in oregon. Even if I could use a mechanical I would still shoot a fixed broadhead.
    Muzzy's do plenty of damage!!
    Ditto for Washington and myself. Always shot Muzzy, but just ordered some Magnus Buzzcuts to go with new bow and new arrows.

Frankly, I think this discussion should be in the Hunting forum.
    PRESERVE, PROTECT, AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES FROM ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, including the POTUS
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    UBP Life Member,PSAA Life Member
    Hutch~N~Son strings by Bowstring Depot

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoodman21 View Post
    What do you guys think about broadheads?
    I like them.
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.
    2007 LH Bowtech Commander 60#, 32" draw, Limbdriver rest, BG 5-pin Flashpoint.
    2014 LH PSE Freak SP 70#, 32" draw, not set up yet.

Shot plenty of deer with my muzzy mx-4's....like them a lot, decided to try the Rage, shot my buck, absolutely devestating. Regardless of what you use, if you put er in the boiler room, you'll get your deer...

Quote Originally Posted by coyote1664 View Post
    i am not a downer at all, i was just simply stating that there is a lot of info on broadheads if he did a search. i am tired of reading all the bash threads myself so i just tried to stop another one from happening.
    agree with coyote, he's not trying to be mean just saying that the info is out there to read, like hours worth of discussion. Im sure he doesnt feel like taking the time to write his opinion just for it to get ripped and bashed.

buy a set of both, practice with both, hunt with both... make your own call, there's good and bad about both

I carry a fixed and mechanical in my quiver hunting

trick's only Guest
    Slick tricks if anything else it will be a fixed blade shuttle t loc

g5 montec cs!

Fixed all the way. 100 grain 3 blade Muzzy's to be exact. Wouldn't mind giving the 75 grain Muzzy's a try. If mechanicals work for you then shoot them!
    Elite Synergy, B-Stinger, Dead Nuts Pro, Trophy Ridge Drop Zone, Beman ICS Hunters

I used Rage broad heads this year no problems whatsoever got 2 deer with them. But will be shooting fixed blade Montec this coming year as I like them and got a great deal on ebay for 15 brand new ones and 3 new Razor Caps as well. Will be selling the Razor Caps and they 4 Rage's later on close to season starts again.

Any BH that is not messed up and sits straight on the arrow will do the job off of a well tuned set-up.

I like COC's because I shot light arrows and they help me get back some of what I give up. I have used mechs and found that up close I could blow those through a deer too. Now I simply use them for varmints and predators.

I use Magnus Buzzcuts because they leave good blood trails for a COC shot from ground level (no bottom hole). They have shown a good edge over the Stingers to me as I have used both. I love the fact that I can just send them back if they break (though only one has done so with a wood/metal impact). The blades hold up well and they are simple to rehone.

My best mech THAT I HAVE USED was the old Triskas. I got great trails and quick deaths, but I felt I would run into problems with them when I went to a lighter arrow back in 2005 (312gr). I still have a few that work fine on yotes and I would trust them on my new arrows (380gr) if I felt the need to change.

Of the others I have tried Crimson Talon Croc BH's and they worked great too, but aren't common enough that I can find them easily and the Buzzcuts work as well. I will be trying a couple F-15's next season (one fixed and one mech) as the sale was a good opportunity to try them out.
    Anyone else sick of working to support those who don't?
    Anyone else sick of obeying laws made because idiots don't care about facts?
    Anyone else sick of people telling you to be polite about everything?
    I'm wondering how we got to this point.

For me those F'ing mech cost me so much cash at the taxidermist, really I would never, ever, shoot a fixed blade again for deer or bear, I am not kidding about the taxidermist comment either, since I started shooting mech's my success in recovering animals is almost 100%, wasn't so good in the previous 15 years of bowhunting. The reason I like mechs is they hit the spot where I am aiming even when I am shooting at a huge buck I have tons of heavy clothing on in late november and I am experiencing a adrenolin rush. I can't say that for a fixed, torque and your in the neck or guts. I am also changing to mechs for elk and moose as fixed are pissing my off, first day elk hunting I get a 30 yard shot at a 300 class bull and I shoot 8 inches left????? and smoke a tree, back to the target and my broadheads shooting left of my target points ***.. I will mention I live on 40 acres and shoot 3 to 5 times a week starting in late july and I know how to tune a bow. With that said, I would not let my wife shoot mechs unless she was up to 50lbs, nor would I shot a mech at a moose if I was shooting less than 70lbs
    Mars hills, Manitoba

I like to try and take as much of what can go wrong out of my setup as I can. Anything with moving parts can and will fail. Mechanicals are just a bandaid fix for many who can't tune their bows to shoot correctly. Any head will kill an animal if you hit it right but on marginal or bad hits I want a big COC type head that is razor sharp

I like a fixed head myself. Dont have that worry in the back of my mind that that it wont open and also, I know if I dont get a pass through my broadhead is cutting the whole time my deer is running and jumping and still doing alot of damage as to where a mechanical head may close back up and not be cutting at all!