Archery Talk Forum banner

Best Climbing Treestand On the Market - I need reviews

83K views 122 replies 110 participants last post by  doulos 
#1 ·
I am currently in the market for a new climber. Right now I have a 6 year old Summit Viper and am ready for an upgrade in both ease of use and comfort. Please post your suggestions.

#30 ·
I have used Ol'Man for years and they are the best I have ever used. I have an Aluminum Ol'Man Vision with the straight bar. It folds flat and packs easy, like a frame pack. I can climb a tree and not make a sound. It locks on the tree and is very safe and very stable. The net seat is the most comfortable seat I have used. All day sits are no problem. I can nap in my Ol'Man without worry.

#31 ·
I have a Loggy climber.
Pro's: lightweight, packs up nice & tight, Price is reasonable.

Con's: If you put too much weight on one side, You get he occasionally kickout from the bottom part which scares the **** outta you. Also sometimes if you go to stand up and you bump the top part of the stand, Its so light that it will drop making all kind of noise. This stand needs a better way to lock the two parts together and then lock it to the tree.

#39 ·
Treewalker is the easiest and most comfortable of the stands I have had and I have had a bunch of them.

#42 ·
I had a Tree Lounge back in the 90's, and it was just too unweildy to pack around. The bowhunting platform felt like a diving board. But I will say that it was fairly comfortable once you were seated in it. I believe that the newer version may be a little lighter.

#41 ·
I've had a lot of stands in my hunting career, but the one I have kept the longest is an API Grand Slam Lite (easily 10 years now.) It has a padded bar on the front of the seat section to sit on while climbing, and believe it or not, many times I bowhunt sitting on that facing the tree. I don't have any problems packing it around, and the only con I can think of is that every year or so I have to buy replacement shrink tubing for the chains for a few bucks off eBay.

#46 ·
Easy Too use....pacs nice

Cougar Claw treestands
with leveling:feature
With Cougar Claw's new system, hunters can, using pins, put their leveling cable into one hole at the bottom of the tree, then slide the cable to another hole, tightening it, any time during their climb. A second pin serves to make the stand even more secure and allows the cable to be adjusted to a tighter setting if necessary.
MADE IN USA also :shade:

Attachments

#108 ·
Cougar Claw treestands
with leveling:feature
With Cougar Claw's new system, hunters can, using pins, put their leveling cable into one hole at the bottom of the tree, then slide the cable to another hole, tightening it, any time during their climb. A second pin serves to make the stand even more secure and allows the cable to be adjusted to a tighter setting if necessary.
MADE IN USA also :shade:
I concur. I just bought two Cougar Claw Bubba stands. I had an accident involving a treestands many years ago and I'm just plain skittish when it comes to treestand hunting. But its a necessary evil sometimes I know. I need a substantial stand to make me feel safer while Im up there. I've owned a cougar claw every since they were in business and the two bubbas are a major upgrade for me. I love these new stands. Huge platforms which make me feel more at ease up in the tree. Even though it is a "bigger stand", it is VERY lightweight. Very easy, very quiet to set up. Love the leveling system. Seat adjustments allow you to set the seat to whatever position is comfortable for you. Foot rest is included and the thing is so comfortable I almost fell asleep in it the other day.That is saying something coming from me b/c I'm usually not relaxed enough for that. I know this is a review on climbers but dont forget to use a quality harness please. Stay safe and good luck hunting.

#48 ·
Is equalizer filled orders yet. Last time I went on their order site it said temporially unavailable but you could put in order for next season.

#50 ·
I have had API for over 3 years now. Several deer later, I still LOVE it. I have used my brother's Summit and I would pick my API over it any day. It climbs the tree better and honestly feels like you are in a recliner. It is heavy but if you are looking for comfort then it is the stand to get.

#51 ·
The Tree lounge was very comfortable but way too bulky and heavy and didnt seem very bowhunter friendly.
Lone Wolf Sit n Climb is very light, easy to use, and folds flat. Cons are it's a little pricey and I didn't think that it was very comfortable for long sits.
Comfort Zone Stealth climber is very economical and reasonably comfortable however it's a little bulky and heavy for longer hike ins.
Millennium M-1 Climber is pricey but very comfortable and reasonably light. It also folds flat for packing and can be leveled while climbing. This has been my favorite so far.
Good luck in your choice, try to use some before you buy just to see what you like.

#54 ·
equlizeryou will not wasted you money. you will wounder how you could live with out befor.

#56 ·
I use a summit titan , one of the best i have had , i would consider a treewalker also . But will never part with the summit titan .

#60 ·
I have a timbertall brute lite...I've had to make some modifications to quiet it in transport and to make it a tad bit user friendly...But I love it without a doubt and will be using it for many years to come..its super lite an super comfy..My 12 yr. old OL' Man is on the shelf...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.