Archery Talk Forum banner

Best Climbing Treestand On the Market - I need reviews

83K views 122 replies 110 participants last post by  doulos 
#1 ·
I am currently in the market for a new climber. Right now I have a 6 year old Summit Viper and am ready for an upgrade in both ease of use and comfort. Please post your suggestions.

#63 ·
I have been using the summit titan, its a good stand but the bars seem to get in my way while shooting my bow. Its also a bit large to carry through thick brush if you hunt in those types of places. I will most likely be replacing it with the lone wolf sit and climb wide for archery, and just keep it for gun hunting and as a backup.

#67 ·
I love my Timbertall Climber but I have sent those dickheads emails about parts and they never responded back! So that really turns me off! But there stand is so light weight and user friendly... I replaced there seat with a Summit seat and it is just awesome! Dont buy the smallest lightest version buy one slightly larger for more room.

#68 ·
http://timbertalloutfitters.com/treestands.asp
i got mine for free from a semi good friend of mine with a hss vest! Yes Free! He wanted a Summit Viper Stand for some reason really bad and bought one. The open shot model which he seems to really like. Now I love my climber but these people do not respond to my emails! I think they are just hicks that make a great stand but dont know about customer service!

http://timbertalloutfitters.com/prod_display.asp?1
http://timbertalloutfitters.com/display_item.asp?1001 this is the one I own and it is super duper light weight! 12.5 lbs but it get tight especially if your a bigger guy! I am 200lbs and 5'9 I wish I had the next size or two up in model!

http://timbertalloutfitters.com/display_item.asp?1003 size up from mine... a few inches will make a big difference! trust me! 14.5 lbs

http://timbertalloutfitters.com/display_item.asp?1004 - buy this one if you can afford it! largest or larger model! 17 lbs

Anyway I got for free there smallest model which is nice because I can travel lightly from spot to spot but I do wish I had the larger model! The one I have get real tight especially when wearing heavy clothing. Like winter bow or gun season! I do highly recomend buying this stand and replacing it imediatly with the Summit Seat for like $50. The Summit seat installed on this stand is so damn comfortable I can sit all day and not want to get down!

NOTE: I can easily adjust it and tighten it to the tree on my way up or on my way down! It has a knob you turn that tightens the cable to the tree or losens it. Its just awesome! Buy one now and customize it! I plan to rubber coat the entire stand or take it to a shop that does that bed linner spray coating. I have a friend who owns a shop... this will reduce the sounds when you clang the stand, etc.

NOTE: I used pipe insulation and covered the pipe insulation with duct tape. This way I am not resting my arms on a cold stand and its much more quite! Highly recommend doing this to any stand you buy!

I know everyone loves their Summit and Lone Wolf but these climbers are awesome!

#72 ·
I just strap to squirrels to my feet grab 2 others and scamper up a tree and sit on a limb.

Did you really expect to get a different answer than the last 100 posters asking the same question got?

Said it before the "best" climber doesn't come as a set, pick the base you want and pick the top you want, sell the left overs.

#76 ·
I like the Gorilla Greyback climber.

Setting it up is easy and it automatically adjusts to changes in diameter of the tree as you go up.

I comes with a very comfortable seat and has gear bags on either side of the seat section which makes it nice if you have treestand specific gear with you.

I have found it very easy to get it to level out as you get to your hunting height, I had to practice with it awhile to get the hang of it, but once I did it is second nature to set it correctly at the bottom of the tree.

At 27 lbs and using the backpack type straps, I hardly notice it when hiking long distances into public land to a selected stand location.

#77 ·
I always thought Baker was the best ever made! When I bought mine years ago it came with discount coupons for caskets and wheel chairs. It also came with "free" life insurance information and lawyer info to make your will.

No, just kidding... I would stick with Summit, but I have no experience with the TreeWalker.

#81 ·
I am 5'11' and weigh 260 lbs I have a Equalizer and LOVE it. I have had it for 3 years with no problems...I love that I can level it anytime I'm on the tree. Easy to carry it. Do an internet search for it....I bought mine direct from the company because their were no local dealers. The only thing I dont like ( and this is an isusse I have with many things in the archery business) is that it has parts/item built not in the USA.

#84 ·
Lone Wolf Hand Climber by far. Open seat, silent tree belt hook up, packs flat, and easy to use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.