Archery Talk Forum banner

Best Climbing Treestand On the Market - I need reviews

83K views 122 replies 110 participants last post by  doulos 
#1 ·
I am currently in the market for a new climber. Right now I have a 6 year old Summit Viper and am ready for an upgrade in both ease of use and comfort. Please post your suggestions.

#2 ·
My new one just came yesterday! Sure was nice to come home and see it sitting in my doorway. I had an older one and it was about 4 years old and was making a creeking noise so I called Summit and they sent me a brand new one 4 weeks later! Goliath is a great stand!

Attachments

#14 ·
I own two (my son decided not to hunt)....LOVE IT!!!

#5 ·
You have had a comfortable stand. The summit is a little noisy but there aren't many that are as comfortable as the it is. I have a summit openshot which is a hand climber with flipup seat and a Lone Wolf I bought on Craigslist for 250 and while it is easy to climb being the sit n climb it isn't near as comfortable as the viper or openshot for that matter. I don't like dealing with pins but have heard good things about Treewalkers and Timbertall stands.

#6 ·
I've said it before I'm going to say it once again. the only climbing treestand on the market worth buying is the equilizer. It is the best climbing tree stand that money can buy. Check it Out. It is a no brainer! safest, adjustability, packs tight, comfortable, versatile, I could keep going and going. Just go to the sight and watch the video.

https://www.equalizertreestands.com/index.php

#9 ·
Treewalkerstands.com AMERICAN MADE. Only ONE other stand can make that claim CougarClawUSA.com

Treewalkers are THE BEST STAND ON the Market !

#16 ·
treewalker...most i've ever spent on a climber....should have not waited so long and wasted money on any other ones. I have the pro-mag and it really is great, quiet, super light, packs together so that there is no noise while packing it anywhere, very comfortable...if you get one it is definatly worth spending the extra $25 on the "chill pad"...keeps the wind off your rear. While on a 2 week hunt in the UP of MI my Dad and brother tried it out and I have now heard that is what they will be getting for christmas.

#20 ·
Ive had API, Loggy Bayou, Summit, and a treewalker climbing treestands. Treewalker was the most comfortable but was too big to carry deep into the woods where i hunt. I now have a Lone wolf sit and climb and cant beat it for size, folds flat, and is comfortable. Just never like any summit ive ever owned, personal preference i guess.

#22 ·
I have an Equalizer and a API. I am getting a Summit for X-mas, so I can't give you an opinion on those, but I will on the other two.

Equalizer (Pros): Lightweight, easy to set up, rock solid in a tree, and the leveling feature is great

(Cons): Expensive. The seat that comes with it is pure garbage and uncomfortable. I bought the upgraded sling seat and it is a little better, but not much. The parts are kind of kind of cheap. I have had one of the crank handles break and one of the coatings on my cable break. Now the the stand is still good, but it is kind of aggravating. The smaller stand is small and cramped. I am only 5'8" and I feel a little crowded in this thing. It will not fit around as big of a tree as my API as well.

API (Pros): Fairly cheap. Rock solid in a tree. As comfortable as my recliner at home. This is my all day sit climber. I have had this stand for 12 seasons now and it still is in great shape.

(Cons): It is kind of heavy to pack in, if you have a long walk. You need to buy some after market military straps/hip belt to make your life easier.

#23 ·
I have my old man I like the pack ability for the terrain I hunt mountain public land. I walk in miles to escape pressure and those summits seem like cinder blocks sticking off your back to me. If I could hunt the pets on them ranches and four wheel in, then definitely; they look like very comfy set-ups, anyway; that is how I see it. I always wondered if a shaking corn sack would be a great call on some of those ranches.

#24 ·
I have had Summit's and Lone Wolf climbers and I prefer the Summit.....

I use the Summit Titan and a Summit Cobra about 10+ years old and still works great

#26 ·
I just got my Summit Open Shot, only got to use it once but I loved it. Best seat ever and very light and packs great. It was a bit slippery so I'll be putting some grip tape on the platform. I've been using a LW sit n climb for the past five years, I think I like this better and its almost half the cost. I had it on the tree ready to climb in 45 seconds

#28 ·
summit and lone wolf are great
alot of good feedback on ole man
i sell them all just pm me for pricing

#29 ·
I have not climbed them all by any means, but I just can't imagine an easier, lighter, tighter packing, quiet to use stand than the lone work hand climber. I mean I am a smaller guy 5'6" and about 160 and that stand works PERFECT for me and I can set it up in minutes and be up the tree faster than that, it never has slipped on me and when you lock it in place up there it is a ROCK!! Now is I was 6'5" and 250 I might have a different opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.