Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunter's isnt it time we just get along

You have Democrats and Republicans. Army and Navy. Gays and Straights. Catholics and Lutherans. John Deere and Case IH. There is a never ending list of rivalries Why would hunters be expected to be any different?

If it looks like crap, smells like crap, tastes like crap, lies like crap; it’s more than likely a politician from Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    You have Democrats and Republicans. Army and Navy. Gays and Straights. Catholics and Lutherans. John Deere and Case IH. There is a never ending list of rivalries Why would hunters be expected to be any different?
    I regretfully agree Stan but what happened to "Together we stand, divided we fall"? Did it ever exist?
    I Beta tested your girlfriend

It doesn't bother me one way or the other... i have friends on both sides of the fence. It will matter though when it comes down to us protecting our hunting rights in the near future. thats when i think all of us will stand together and unite!!
    Welcome to My World <----------------(((((

We have sportsmen, hunters and predators. Sportsmen have to do things in special ways to make themselves feel good and better than someone else. Hunters just follow the laws and hunt by any means that will give them pleasure and hopefully provide them with a kill. Then the predator is like a house cat an opportunist. The predator sees an opportunity to make a kill and does it. The only laws the predator is concerned with are the laws of nature.

These groups can exist together but they are never going to be in harmony. So just pick where you want to be in the scheme of things and live large.

Quote Originally Posted by leecountyarcher View Post
    this thread was supposed to be about hunters uniting as one group, an now i have people already arguing?
    It's only just begun...wait till someone says they hate crossbows.....

goog call spiker, but for real guys, i have thought about this all night, and see no other obviouse route out?
    is it not possible to unite as hunter, and trappers, and lets include fisherman. Anti huntiing organizations target fisherman just as much as hunters, me and my father went to the beach, and several peta members had artificial blood in there mouths and dressed as fish to "provide awarness" to people who do not hunt or fish
    Quote Originally Posted by spiker_01 View Post
    It's only just begun...wait till someone says they hate crossbows.....
    Target- Hoyt Contender Elite 70 pounds, 420 grain easton eclipse 2314, 125 grain tips......Axcel 3000 classic scope, 2x zeiss lense....14 rings beware
    Hunting- Bowtech General Max 4 camo- QAD rest-Sword sight-doinker stabs-gold tip 400 ultralights- 74 pounds 28.5 draw 290 fps!!! 100 grain MUZZY!!!!
    BOHNING STAFF, TRU-BALL STAFF, MY DADS WALLET STAFF

I agree...I dont care how other people harvest their critters as long as its legal. If you want to be a jerk to someone...do it to poachers! I really think though that these days everyone is so competitive in everything, that we cant just be happy for a guy. I hunt with guys who are just happy to fill some tags and have fun. I love shooting big critters, but I really dont judge my hunts based on antler scores.

I mean seriously...someone posts a picture of a deer and we tear apart the photo to make sure hes legal/hunting with a bow/clothing/tags.....blah blah blah! Dang...just say nice deer thanks for sharing!

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by McHuntin420 View Post
    I regretfully agree Stan but what happened to "Together we stand, divided we fall"? Did it ever exist?
    Now I try again to find
    the thing that was my mind.
    Behold the undersigned
    that said I've lost my mind.

Perfect example; "If you hunt over bait, you aren't a real hunter."
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1381621

Now I try again to find
    Behold the undersigned

Kind of reminds me of the Civil Rights Movement. I completly agree with you. The problem is that some hunters (not all, just some I have overheard talking) are very "Bull-Headed" and have extreme opinions on things that they have no reason to dislike, nor do they understand it. I wish we could all come together just like others have done in the past; Civil Rights Movement, the framers of the constitution, the founding fathers...etc. It is not rocket science, it's just coming together to help achieve a common goal: protecting our rights that we have worked so hard to earn.
    Hoyt Turbohawk @60lbs. 26" draw Camo Riser with black limbs
    390 Grain Beman ICS Hunter Elite 400's 250 fps Muzzy 4 Blade BH
    Winners Choice black and red strings
    16 years old

Why can't all Americans stand together and support President Obama ? Whatever happened to "United we stand" ? Are people who don't support the president Anti-Americans ? Why doesn't my wife always agree with me on how to raise our son ? Is she anti-family ? We can all be equally devoted to the same cause (hunting) without sitting around and singing Kumbaya. Some of you guys expect every thread to be a big round of high fives. Get real.

Hunting is changing. Some changes are good. Others are not. Consensus is based on discussion. If it comes down to a fight (which it already has in some cases) I will be right there next to all the guys who I may disagree with on AT defending our hunting privelages. But here, on this public forum, I will speak my mind.

Want to unite hunters ? Then post up a thread telling about upcoming public hearings or give a link to your local representatives office. Encourage poeple to write their congressmen on key issues. Show up when the Fish and Game asks for input. All this "Why can't we just get along" is nothing more than posturing. No offense to the OP. You sound like a pretty good kid.

Oh, and Merry Christmas !
    Flame away....

Not ever going to happen.

Some just dont like how others hunt.

Example.

Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

some more good words, we definetaly need to puch this thread further, lets see if all of AT can see it, is it possible?
    Target- Hoyt Contender Elite 70 pounds, 420 grain easton eclipse 2314, 125 grain tips......Axcel 3000 classic scope, 2x zeiss lense....14 rings beware
    Hunting- Bowtech General Max 4 camo- QAD rest-Sword sight-doinker stabs-gold tip 400 ultralights- 74 pounds 28.5 draw 290 fps!!! 100 grain MUZZY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Way over due but don't think its going to happen. To much testosterone in men especially hunters.

Some just cant except how others hunt even if there in a whole different region of the country.

DB
    That pretty much sums it up DB.

Way over due but don't think its going to happen. To much testosterone in men especially hunters.

Some just cant except how others hunt even if there in a whole different region of the country.

DB
    Not ever going to happen.

Some just dont like how others hunt.

Example.

Or the shots others take without knowing the whole story...like this thread...

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1372579

Most of the people cited as the example in the OP make such statements from very subjective position, and are simply not objective...or quite frankly, uninformed and uneducated.

While we are free to disagree about the subjective nature of hunting, and chose to employ and not employ, whatever legal methods we want, we sure as heck ought to be able to agree on the objective, and that is supporting every persons right to legally hunt however they want, whether we would engage in it or not.

Disagreement is not, and should not be condemnation, labeling, or otherwise degrading of others because they don't do it "our" way...
    There's not much of a lesson to be learned the second time a calf kicks you in the balz.

Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

Most of the people cited as the example in the OP make such statements from very subjective position, and are simply not objective...or quite frankly, uninformed and uneducated.

While we are free to disagree about the subjective nature of hunting, and chose to employ and not employ, whatever legal methods we want, we sure as heck ought to be able to agree on the objective, and that is supporting every persons right to legally hunt however they want, whether we would engage in it or not.

Disagreement is not, and should not be condemnation, labeling, or otherwise degrading of others because they don't do it "our" way...
    Now I try again to find
    Behold the undersigned

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

Rolo get over it and move on. Myself and the guy who made the shot on the thread are cool and actually talked via pm several times disscussing it and he understood 100%.
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsou View Post
    Beat me to it.

Stalkers!

Stones in a glass house, DB.

Stalkers!
    Now I try again to find
    Behold the undersigned

a little off topic fellas, but lets get back to keeping hunting heritage around

Rolo get over it and move on. Myself and the guy who made the shot on the thread are cool and actually talked via pm several times disscussing it and he understood 100%.
    DB
    Just a bit too much irony...
    There's not much of a lesson to be learned the second time a calf kicks you in the balz.

Another example of "this isn't real hunting":
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1382409

Now I try again to find
    Behold the undersigned

excellent example thanks man, you see we dont need to have that kind of crap

Yep - my bow is better than your bow, hunting over bait isn't hunting, gun hunting isn't hunting, no hunting with dogs, lights at night for hogs, the list goes on and on. Yes, it gets extremely old hearing all this stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for good natured ribbing about the my bow is better than yours crap - my friends and I have a lotta fun with it. Problem is when people take that stuff seriously. Shoot what you what like and don't give a hoot about what anyone thinks. As far as hunting methods/tactics, if it's legal and you enjoy it, by all means have at it.

Great post - I lke your point of view.

Because as a species we naturally find a way to separate ourselves from oneanother. Imagine if PETA was behind it to keep hunters at one another (a house that is divided on itself cannot stand), kind of how big government/NWO uses politics today..........hhhhmmmm!
    Romans 5:12

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast