a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Fuse Carbon Pilot Sight

Fuse Carbon Pilot Sight

Just wondering if anyone has had an opportunity to get one of the new Fuse Carbon Pilot M Series sights in there hands. Looking to possibly buy one, but looking for some feedback first.

Thanks
    THE FEAR AND DREAD OF YOU WILL FALL UPON ALL THE BEASTS OF THE EARTH,
    AND ON ALL THE BIRDS IN THE SKY, ON EVERY CREATURE THAT MOVES ALONG THE GROUND,
    AND ON ALL THE FISH IN THE SEA; THEY ARE GIVEN INTO YOUR HANDS. - GENESIS 9:2

I ordered mine over a month ago... Still have not recieved mine yet!!! Will let you know if i get them in.

ttt

I have one, a Carbon Pilot G-Series, 5-pin camo. Also have a 7-pin M-Series 7-pin on order, but haven't seen that one yet; been on order for about three months (since the 2011 catalog came out). We got one shipment of six G-series in and they were gone within two weeks. Pretty neat design. Key features are: you can adjust length of the sight/distance from the riser by sliding it through the sight mount for a better, more comfortable sight picture; and the light screws into the very rear block on the two carbon rods, in line with the rod.

What do you have it on? Any pictures? Thanks
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder,
    Carbon Fiber Tree Limb quiver,Maxima Hunter 250 Blue streak selects, Hoyt Ultra Rest,Black Gold Ascent, Rage Hypodermics(the version that doesn't fail), and because they rock, BowExperts custom strings
    !
    AND A LOT LESS MONEY!And did I mention, waaaay less money!

Quote Originally Posted by hunting NH View Post
    What do you have it on? Any pictures? Thanks
    The G-Series 5-pin is on my Element. Both of my bows are at Jim Porter's string shop right now. I'll post pictures when I get them back (but I still don't have the M-Series 7-pin on the Matrix Plus).

Quote Originally Posted by Manhunter50 View Post
    I have one, a Carbon Pilot G-Series, 5-pin camo. Also have a 7-pin M-Series 7-pin on order, but haven't seen that one yet; been on order for about three months (since the 2011 catalog came out). We got one shipment of six G-series in and they were gone within two weeks. Pretty neat design. Key features are: you can adjust length of the sight/distance from the riser by sliding it through the sight mount for a better, more comfortable sight picture; and the light screws into the very rear block on the two carbon rods, in line with the rod.

If you wouldn't mind,could you measure the housing diameter for me.Looks like a 2" but I prefer a 1 3/4" but ordered one anyway because of how much adjustment there is in the rods.Mine has been ordered for over a month as well.
    AT motto,if you can't dazzle em with brilliance,baffle em with BS

Quote Originally Posted by Manhunter50 View Post
    The G-Series 5-pin is on my Element. Both of my bows are at Jim Porter's string shop right now. I'll post pictures when I get them back (but I still don't have the M-Series 7-pin on the Matrix Plus).
    Thanks
    Matt
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder,
    Carbon Fiber Tree Limb quiver,Maxima Hunter 250 Blue streak selects, Hoyt Ultra Rest,Black Gold Ascent, Rage Hypodermics(the version that doesn't fail), and because they rock, BowExperts custom strings
    !
    AND A LOT LESS MONEY!And did I mention, waaaay less money!

I have one of the 3D ones with the micro adjust. I like the carbon rods on the sight. I got it for my Tactical. It should match nicely. Cant comment on the sight yet since I havent used it because my tactical hasnt arrived yet. I like that is light weight and will stick out from the bow a bit like a dovetail style mount. Also I like where the light screws into the sight...

Has anyone used the sights yet?

Interested in these myself. I have a Element on the way and would like to hear if this sight is a good fit? Also one of the few that i can find in Max1.............

Anybody care to give a review?

Pins

Does anyone know of the fibers are covered or just lined up behind the pins?

Saw one at the shop I shoot for on Saturday. I havent been a multi-pin guy for several yrs, but its got me thinking...Really liked the looks of it, it was a M series w/ 5 .19 pins. Pins looked pretty well protected from any damage. Just enough carbon rods showing for the cool factor. I dont think I need/want a 5 pin sight for whitetailing, but my bow may be wearing one by season's start!

Yup, had one...

Yes. "Eljugador" asked me about the Carbon Pilot in a PM and suggested that I post my observations (which are mine and mine alone) in response to this thread. Had one on my Carbon Element for a short time, but it's found a new home and here's why:

After looking at the Carbon Pilot carefully, there are a number of things I don't like about it. The dovetail that clamps the vertical adjustment bar is two-piece and, when loosened, I think it allows too much movement. I've replaced the fibers on quite a few different sights and the quality of the fibers - in terms of light transmission capability - in the Carbon Pilot is significantly lower than the replacement fibers I use (Brightfiber and Toughfiber, depending on the application). I mounted a G5 sight light (the best on the market) on the Carbon Pilot and even at its highest setting, there was no discernible increase in brightness of the pins on the Carbon Pilot. Overall, I don't think the sight is worth nearly as much as they charge for it.

I love Hoyt bows and Fuse accessories, but, as I told Eljugador, I'm replacing the Carbon Pilot on my Element with a custom Hogg-It Hunter and I already have a 7-pin Hogg-It for my Matrix Plus (for when the weather improves and I can get back outside). I've owned several Spot Hogg sights and I've never had an issue of any kind with any of them; my dealer suggested the Carbon Pilot for my Element, I said I'd try it, and I did. Even Spot Hogg's cheapest model, the Right On, is far superior to the G-Series Carbon Pilot - in my opinion. 'Nuf said...

Quote Originally Posted by antstar123 View Post
    Does anyone know of the fibers are covered or just lined up behind the pins?
    The fibers are only protected where they come out of the sight head and pass between the carbon rods. A small set screw secures the teflon tubing to the small bracket at the rear of the rods. The only security for the fibers is a small rubber ring that holds the fibers next to the pins.

Pilot.2.jpg

Pilot.3.jpg

Thanks for all e good insight.

I have one on my Instinct, very easy to setup, quick adjustments. The only thing I would suggest, get the light for it. If your hunting out of a blind you will need it. Besides that amazing sight IMO.

Got one for my element, I didn't like the fact that the fibers are not protected by the pins, and I didn't think it was very bright. I am in the process of changing out the pins now for the pins in a cobra smoke. Some size pinguard so the pins will line up in the middle of the sight. Alot brighter. Will post up pics when the bow is complete.
    John's Custom Prostaff { no other string is even close }

I have one and the tooless adjust is awesome. Mine was just over 200 with tax, what are they mapping for. Im selling my 5 pin to get a black 7 pin.