Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Simpson's new show

Jeff Simpson's new show

Does anyone know the name or release date of Jeff Simpsons new show that he is coming out with? I think Heartland Bowhunter is the best hunting show out and I am looking forward to seeing what new show he has to offer.

MC-130J Crew Chief

Bowtech Destroyer 350LE

Heartland bowhunter was the best show until jeff left.Last time I saw his website it didnt have any definites on a new show.

I thought that I had read that he was working on a new show and that was why he left Heartland Bowhunter.
    MC-130J Crew Chief

Bowtech Destroyer 350LE

here we go again....another hear say thread...if I were you I would just keep an eye on F2 (fencepost films)
    2014 Mathews Creed XS

Jeff seems like a great guy on film. He is one of the main reasons I started watching HB. He seemed like a guy "like me" which I guess drew me to the show. Him along with the camera work and music kept me tuned in to it. I was one of the first to notice that Jeff had left (he wasn't on camera near as much in season 3) But i feel like Mike, Skylar, Shawn and Clayton did a great job. Then they added the White bros and I think they will work out just fine. I still love HB and look forward to season 4 (especially since we know they have put some slammers on the ground) but I would also love to see a new show with Jeff as the main guy. I mean we can't go wrong with 2 GREAT hunting shows to choose from.
    KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by jbsoonerfan View Post
    Jeff seems like a great guy on film. He is one of the main reasons I started watching HB. He seemed like a guy "like me" which I guess drew me to the show. Him along with the camera work and music kept me tuned in to it. I was one of the first to notice that Jeff had left (he wasn't on camera near as much in season 3) But i feel like Mike, Skylar, Shawn and Clayton did a great job. Then they added the White bros and I think they will work out just fine. I still love HB and look forward to season 4 (especially since we know they have put some slammers on the ground) but I would also love to see a new show with Jeff as the main guy. I mean we can't go wrong with 2 GREAT hunting shows to choose from.
    I have no affiliation with Jeff, never even met the guy. But if you can't see that HBH is not even half the show without him you are blind. Jeff's camera work MADE the show.

Those White bros and family have put some big deer down in Kansas.I have seen them in tax shop and pics the last few years.Looking for some great shows from HB this next year.

Quote Originally Posted by rutnstrut View Post
    I have no affiliation with Jeff, never even met the guy. But if you can't see that HBH is not even half the show without him you are blind. Jeff's camera work MADE the show.
    Well I thought the other guys did a great job. I may be blind, but I don't have a man crush.
    KCCO

Well I thought the other guys did a great job. I may be blind, but I don't have a man crush.
    Far from a man crush here, but I do know quality video work when I see it. I can't help it you have low standards.

Far from a man crush here, but I do know quality video work when I see it. I can't help it you have low standards.
    LOL, yea it is my low standards that made me still enjoy HB without Jeff.

Who knows, maybe Jeff will send you an autographed pic you can sit by your bed. Keep the dream alive.
    KCCO

You guys could just PM him and ask.

No doubt the guys from HB did a great job this year - they are likable guys doing what they love. With that said there was a definite difference in the filming quality this past season. I'm not saying I could do what they do - however the amazing video shots and transitions in the first two seasons are what drew me to the show. It was new, different and innovative - check out f2 films and you'll still see this - that's what I miss. Look forward to both HB as well as whatever Jeff Simpson does in the future.
    Hoyt TurboHawk
    Spot-Hogg Real Deal
    Carter Insatiable +

It is still a good show without Jeff .
    PSE Dream Season 7
    PSE Mach X
    PSE Axe 6
    American Traditions Longbow

Go to www.fencepostfilms.com There are some pics with Jeff and some other information. He does have a page on facebook also.

True that.
    Guy - "So I can't decide between the rage 2 blade and the schwacker"
    Me - "I watch a lot of hunting shows too."

I'm sure the guys at HB will do a great job. I also think Jeff had a different vision. Either way we will have 2 shows to watch. The viewer is the winner here.
    2013 Elite Pure 70lb Black Riser/ Max 1 Limbs
    2011 Elite Pure 70lb Black Riser/ Black AP Limbs
    CBE Tek Hybrid 5 pin sight, Exxus, Exxus Core, Stan SX-2
    Solids, DRT's, Deep six, Easton Axis 300's, DCA Hunters 300

I love the show, but agree that it really changed when Jeff left. Here's my take on it.
    Jeff was just more comfortable talking on camera, made you feel like you were sitting in a room sharing great hunting stories with a buddy. I always felt like what he was saying was what he felt more than what somebody wrote and from the first episode I saw I was just really excited to have a show to watch of that caliber.
    Mike and the others all look like they'd be great guys to hang with and hunt with but they all seem like they are speed reading off the cue card to me. Mike just looks uncomfortable as heck in those interview sessions and sometimes he's speaking so fast and staccato that it's hard to keep up, his manner of speaking is totally different in those than when he's talking from the field. That's not a bad thing and I'm not knocking the guy for it, it's just obvious that he's not comfortable, maybe that will improve with time and exposure. I still look forward to every episode more than any other show, but I can tell you it lost a great deal of that "comfortable" feeling for me when Jeff departed for what ever reason he left.
    '10 Elite Z28 60# Limb Driver, Vital Gear Startrack, Anchor Sight, Octane stabilizer
    '11 Elite Hunter 71# G5 Expert Pro, Anchor Sight, VBG sight, Stokerized
    '12 Elite Answer 60# Ninja, Elite Stokerized
    All 27.5" DL

After reading this thread, I wanna see a show co-starring rutnstrut & jbsoonerfan
    Phoenix.

I like HB and look forward to Simpson's offering too.
    Phoenix.

hbh turned into a music video, definately lost alot without Jeff, i still like the show just not nearly as much

I guess I am the only guy that likes HB alot more without Jeff.

When HB started out it was about a bunch of guys huntin together and having a good time.

Season two I just didn't catch that vibe, they should have changed the name to "hitting the trail with jeff simpson".

Last year they struggled because they just flat out ahda bad year, they didn't get to shoot alot of deer. This season was different, they wore em out.

Plus last year was their first year working with mammoth media, guys I assure you teh camera work was no different it was jsut the way the show was put together that was different. Change the way something is editing it changes the show totally. I'm sure that season 4 will be back closer to the better editing. Plus they got alot more killin going on.
    "When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty."

"Order without liberty and liberty without order are equally destructive" Theodore Roosevelt

My opinion is right, yours is wrong.

CLICK HERE to view my outdoor videos.
    Backstrap Brothers Facebook Page

I too have a man crush. He has excellent talent, not only does he has the skills to hunt but he has photography and videography skills as well. He's the kind of guy that pays attention to detail. There's very few hunters out there in the TV world like him that does what he does.
    ELITE JUDGE AP | SWORD TWILIGHT HUNTER | QAD HD | CE MAXIMA HUNTER | SCOTT RELEASE

I miss seeing Jeff but its still my favorite show! Mike's doing a good job keeping it real and he also has a good eye for the camera. One thing about those guys, they're real and love to hunt! They kinda feel like your best friends!

I do miss Jeff and got to tell him that at the ATA show. Jeff got the Waddell personality that just makes you want more and more.

I look forward to Jeff making more shows. I think right now he said he working with fence post films and doing the family thing. He been one of the few who can really keep me interested in watch hunting.

His shows showed good family value and not all about big bucks or trophys. Best thing I saw in many years.
    DB
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast