Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: walleye run

Heading up Thursday. Heard they're starting to catch them with the warm temps!
    Go Bucks!! 121st Air Refueling Wing- Columbus, OH
    Hoyt AM 32...Axion Simplex Lt sights...trophy ridge wb...fuse stab...sts...octane 1 pc. quiver...expedition hunters w/ blazers and rages on the end!

I HOOK UP!

I'm ready for the shiner run in Canada!
    Owner: **Precision Tune ** When good enough just ain't good enough!

After a 2 season hiatus, I'm ready to fish the Maumee againc
    Twice I've waded out at Buttonwood just have some guys yell out, "hey Doegirl!"
    It's a good time. My PB is a 30", 10.5lb girl caught close to Fort Meigs. All females go back unless I get one larger.

I will be out monday morning
    08 65lb Ross Cardiac Hunting Rig
    40lb Oneida Tomcat Bowfishing Rig
    U.S Army Infantry
    "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."~Gen. George S. Patton

Me and a buddy went today and both of us limited out. We didn't catch a fish until noon but then we really lit into them. We both limited out by two. All 18-20 inch jacks.
    Hoyt AM 32...Axion Simplex Lt sights...trophy ridge wb...fuse stab...sts...octane 1 pc. quiver...expedition hunters w/ blazers and rages on the end!

I HOOK UP!

How long does the run usually last. I am planning on going in a couple weeks. Will I be too late?
    Elite Z28

Shouldn't be the run usually lasts for several weeks. The best thing to do is google maumee tackle river update. It is updated daily and will tell you how the bite is.

I HOOK UP!

Thanks Buckeyehunter12. I check that sight everyday. This will be first time to Ohio to walleye fish. Scheduled twice last year for Erie and had to cancel do to weather.
    Elite Z28

If you have the choice, go to Erie and skip the river. The river is hit or miss right now. The walleye are on fire on Erie right now. Went out on Erie on Wednesday and caught over 20 nice eyes. Dad and brother went today and caught over 20 by 11a.m. Both days the smallest fish in the live well was 23 inches. Besides jigging on Erie beats the hell out of fighting the crowd and snagging on the river.

I HOOK UP!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyehunter12 View Post
    If you have the choice, go to Erie and skip the river. The river is hit or miss right now. The walleye are on fire on Erie right now. Went out on Erie on Wednesday and caught over 20 nice eyes. Dad and brother went today and caught over 20 by 11a.m. Both days the smallest fish in the live well was 23 inches. Besides jigging on Erie beats the hell out of fighting the crowd and snagging on the river.
    what he said! If I had a boat I would not screw with the river. Way to many aholes fighting over the small pockets of fish
    08 65lb Ross Cardiac Hunting Rig
    40lb Oneida Tomcat Bowfishing Rig
    U.S Army Infantry
    "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."~Gen. George S. Patton

Well went to the river today. Dad got his limit and I came away with two and lost two. The river was packed but for the most part everyone was getting along except for a couple guys in a boat casting at the waders. It was a good time lost alot of jigs. Will still try to get on the lake in the future.

Elite Z28

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12