Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best archery store in ontario?

Best archery store in ontario?

Can all the Ontario based members post their views and comments about the different Archery Shops as well as also rate the stores on the basis of their;

1. Customer Service
    2. After Sales Service (including repair facilities)
    3. Prices
    4. Stock Management

Really looking forward for lots of good responses.

I personally have never been there, but I was told Archers Nook in London is one of the best in Ontario for prices / stock / and customer service.
    APA Viper Nano !

Quote Originally Posted by MLabonte View Post
    I personally have never been there, but I was told Archers Nook in London is one of the best in Ontario for prices / stock / and customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by MLabonte View Post
    Been there several times, they have with out a doubt one of the neatest and cleanest stores I have ever been in. Good selection of inventory, good people with good customer service, and a great range right next door. Richard and his crew run a tight ship!
    Every man dies,
    not every man really lives.

There's a new store in Napanee that opened up recently called Drop Tine Archery that I feel deserves a mention, so far their customer service has been second to none, they have a dip service with some really well done pieces on display. As far as stock goes I have to say it's not the best, I think that's mainly because it's a new store and they're still putting feelers out as to what they should stock. Their prices so far are pretty competitive, from what I saw of their bow selection it's about on par with other stores I've been into and the release I bought my wife was pretty reasonable. Brett the owner is a knowledgeable guy, he does all the work you'd expect a shop to do plus a little bit more, right now he's working on a line of custom wrap fletching which I plan on trying out, some of the custom strings I've seen that he's done are top quality.
    Drop tines attitude is what I liked best, he described archers as being a family and we should stick together, his shop is the type of place you can just walk in and hang out for a while.
    If anyone's in the area you can drop by at 145 Industrial blvd. Napanee, Leah and Brett are good people.
    09 PSE Supershort, 60lb 28" DL,Spothogg hunter 5 pin,PSE Phantom dropaway,Doinker stabilizer,Fletcher .44 caliper release,Radial X weave hunter STL's

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?"

Quote Originally Posted by Robb771 View Post
    There's a new store in Napanee that opened up recently called Drop Tine Archery that I feel deserves a mention, so far their customer service has been second to none, they have a dip service with some really well done pieces on display. As far as stock goes I have to say it's not the best, I think that's mainly because it's a new store and they're still putting feelers out as to what they should stock. Their prices so far are pretty competitive, from what I saw of their bow selection it's about on par with other stores I've been into and the release I bought my wife was pretty reasonable. Brett the owner is a knowledgeable guy, he does all the work you'd expect a shop to do plus a little bit more, right now he's working on a line of custom wrap fletching which I plan on trying out, some of the custom strings I've seen that he's done are top quality.
    Drop tines attitude is what I liked best, he described archers as being a family and we should stick together, his shop is the type of place you can just walk in and hang out for a while.
    If anyone's in the area you can drop by at 145 Industrial blvd. Napanee, Leah and Brett are good people.
    +1 to give Brett and Leah a mention. I placed a few orders for things with him and he was really good about calling me when he got the stuff in and when an order was screwed up he was genuinely sorry for me having to wait.

I've also had good experiences with OJ at Grand River Troutfitters in Fergus. Obviously by the name it is predominantly fishing oriented however much along the same lines as Droptine, they're still trying to get a feel for what will sell so inventory isn't huge.

For large established stores the only one I've been to is The Bow Shop. Wide array of brands and models of bows and accessories to fit every budget. You can try out any bow they have new or used. And if they dont have what you want in stock they can usually order it. Good knowledgable staff as well.

Just my $0.02
    2010 Elite Judge 62#, 30"DL
    "You know you can shoot people here. You don't have to throw wrenches."
    "All drillers are proficient in at least 2 languages. English...and Profanity"

The Bow Shop in Waterloo is a great place. Been in business for a long time (+25 years). It is part of Shooters Choice which is a shooting complex. The Gun Room, The Bow Shop Gary Howe's gunsmithing, Colby Firearms Range and Colby Archery Range all in one place.

Very knowledgeable staff. Excellent inventory. They have more than 200 compound bows in stock and +50 recurve bows. For compound bows they carry PSE, Bowtech, Hoyt, Mathews, Elite. Recurve bows, Check Mate, Bear, Martin, Predator, Ragim. As well they have dozens of used bows in stock. They also carry loads of olympic recurve Samick, Ragim, KAP, Hoyt, PSE, Win & Win

They have a demo range in the store and a 8 position 20 yard range.

The thing I like best about The Bow Shop is that everything in the store can be handled and tried out. So try before you buy in most cases.

The Bow Shop
    631 Colby Dr,
    Waterloo, ON
    519-746-8139
    1-866-257-7271
    araz2114
    Live each day as if it were your last.... Learn as if you'd live forever

Carbon Express
    www.bow-shop.com - The Bow Shop, Waterloo, Ontario - Nikon Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by araz2114 View Post
    The Bow Shop in Waterloo is a great place. Been in business for a long time (+25 years). It is part of Shooters Choice which is a shooting complex. The Gun Room, The Bow Shop Gary Howe's gunsmithing, Colby Firearms Range and Colby Archery Range all in one place.

Very knowledgeable staff. Excellent inventory. They have more than 200 compound bows in stock and +50 recurve bows. For compound bows they carry PSE, Bowtech, Hoyt, Mathews, Elite. Recurve bows, Check Mate, Bear, Martin, Predator, Ragim. As well they have dozens of used bows in stock. They also carry loads of olympic recurve Samick, Ragim, KAP, Hoyt, PSE, Win & Win

The thing I like best about The Bow Shop is that everything in the store can be handled and tried out. So try before you buy in most cases.

The Bow Shop
    631 Colby Dr,
    Waterloo, ON
    519-746-8139
    1-866-257-7271
    could not have said it better
    Darton Pro Staff
    Great Northern Paracoard Pro staff
    Dark Wolf custom bow strings Staff Shooter

Gotta agree with the Archers Nook. Great inventory and prices. The younger staff there are all shooters. Now that Chris is there you have a guy that has actually hunted and killed stuff with a bow. I feel that is an overlooked and often missing component of most shops staff. I tell people to shop there all the time and its worth the drive.
    The BowShop is good too and the FunRoom, errrrr GunRoom is downstairs. Why don't we just rename 'Guns' to 'Funs' anyways........
    Admit nothing...
    Deny everything...
    Make counter accusations.

Thumbs up archery stores

I'll third the Bow Shop. What the others have said are spot on.

But there is another shop I never get to go to anymore, but used to be one of my favourites, and that is the Wolf's Den just outside of Barrie. Gary and Carl run a great business there, and they have an awesome 3d course as well. They also used to have the Dart system in the basement (not sure if they still have it or not), where you can shoot at a video screen of live animal shots, and get scored on your accuracy. It is a really cool game. Selection is incredible as well, and as with other shops, if they don't have it, they will get it.

Rob

Well...I might be a bit biased...but Jim-Bow's Archery has some of the best after sale service out there. Jim and Pat will do what ever they can to make sure you are fit properly, and get the most out of your archery equipment.

Just a quick note....The owner (Jim Barber) shoots Left Handed so he knows what it's like trying to find stuff for us Lefties. They almost always have a few good bows in LH. I have been to several shops around the province and I know first hand it can be a challenge to find the bow you are looking for in Left Handed.

Quote Originally Posted by JDoupe View Post
    Well...I might be a bit biased...but Jim-Bow's Archery has some of the best after sale service out there. Jim and Pat will do what ever they can to make sure you are fit properly, and get the most out of your archery equipment.

Just a quick note....The owner (Jim Barber) shoots Left Handed so he knows what it's like trying to find stuff for us Lefties. They almost always have a few good bows in LH. I have been to several shops around the province and I know first hand it can be a challenge to find the bow you are looking for in Left Handed.
    what he said!

I order stuff over the phone from wherever i can find Lefty items (when i need them) for both Compound and Olympic Recurve. I've ordered from Archer's Nook, The Bow Shop, Jim-Bow's Archery, Lifetime Sports (in Sudbury). All excellent places. no problems!
    Sheila

the good ones I've purchased from,
    Archers Nook in London,
    Bow Shop in Waterloo,
    Gagnons in Oshawa,
    Saugeen in Peterborough,
    Lancaster in PA and
    K1 in California
    ...all good, slightly different mix and availability, all try hard to fulfill your requests, great service and dedication to the sport, try any one, good luck

The wolfs den barrie, was there at the 3D Nationals a few years ago, Great people very helpful, Great store.

Great thread and as humans we can see there is no number one shop here they are all good and all seem to have great service as well ... 2 others to mention are south nation archery in Winchester ont.. and that hunting fishing store in Richmond ont south nation has the world class coach Kathy Millar as the owner with her hunting guru husband larry as owners... some one should maybe construct a spread sheet maybe with each club with what they have to offer like lessons range gun shop etc etc etc and then we could put it as a link or something at the top of canadian section by province just a thought.. Moderators help us out here...

Quote Originally Posted by araz2114 View Post

The Bow Shop
    631 Colby Dr,
    Waterloo, ON
    519-746-8139
    1-866-257-7271
    x2 excellent people

I've heard very good things about The Archer's Nook in London, Ontario...I'll have to go there some day...

Hands down South Nation Archery,Winchester Ont.The guy I shot with today,shot 297 inner and backed it up with a 298 Inner.600/ 595.

wow.. I though Jim shot right handed bows upside down.. who new you could get left handed archery stuff..

Gi
    Mathews National staff
    Carbon Express pro staff
    The Bow Shop pro staff

Dan was that Chris????? name names...

Archer's Nook, London Ontario---Hands down the best for service and price.
    The woods are where I find my sanity

I tried to find Drop tine in Napanee as I here for work this week, but I couldnt find the store. Any helps or pointers, put it in my GPS but couldnt see the store front. any business near it to help me out? And anyone have any idea what there Hours are? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tates View Post
    I tried to find Drop tine in Napanee as I here for work this week, but I couldnt find the store. Any helps or pointers, put it in my GPS but couldnt see the store front. any business near it to help me out? And anyone have any idea what there Hours are? Thanks
    Drop Tine Archery

145 Industrial Blvd, NAPANEE, ON
    613-409-4868
    09 PSE Supershort, 60lb 28" DL,Spothogg hunter 5 pin,PSE Phantom dropaway,Doinker stabilizer,Fletcher .44 caliper release,Radial X weave hunter STL's

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?"

Quote Originally Posted by DODGE-3D View Post
    Hands down South Nation Archery,Winchester Ont.The guy I shot with today,shot 297 inner and backed it up with a 298 Inner.600/ 595.
    Larry and Kathy are really good people I know them well his dad has an archery shop here in Pa. near my house. But i have known Larry for about 25 years He was in the olympics and so was kathy.

Awesome replies, thanks guys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast