a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Mathews Passion vs. Bowtech Heartbreaker

Mathews Passion vs. Bowtech Heartbreaker

Well my wife has been shooting the Passion for about a year now at 50# 25inch draw with easton axis arrows (25 1/2 inch length) sorry I don't have a grain scale yet. So any way we ran it through the chrono at the shop and got 234 fps with the peep and D loop
    So then we set up the Bowtech Heartbreaker which already comes with the peep and D loop and had her pull it back. She could not pull the 50# very easily so we dropped it down to 46# for her. Anyway shot it through the same chrono with the same arrow and averaged 238 fps. Wonder what it would shoot at 50#? So it is faster (and quieter) than the passion but a little higher peak in the draw( probably because of the dual cam versus the solo cam I guess)

Long story short.......we left the store with the Heartbreaker ( may have a passion for sale!!!)

What are the differences in the brace height of the two bows?
    BowTech's Cheerleader
    Plainsman™ arrow rest staff shooter
    Amanna freezer re-filler
    Allegiance/Tribute FanBoy
    Commander of the Guardian

The Passion is 6" and the Heartbreaker is 7".

Are smooth mods available for this bow???? They are for the assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by wierdobow View Post
    Are smooth mods available for this bow???? They are for the assassin.
    did not know you could get smooth mods you sure

While 4 pounds might not seem like a lot, on a 50 pound bow, its darn near 10 percent. And with an extra inch of brace height, it sounds to me like the heartbreaker is the faster bow by quite a bit. What is the IBO speed on it . I know the passions IBO speed is rated at 29 inches(its max DL) so it would be hard to compare them unless the heartbreaker is set up the same way for testing.

PRIME BOWS- WHERE ACCURACY IS EVERYTHING

MOON SHINE ATTITUDE ATTIRE- GET YOUR SHINE ON!!

I just found the specs on the Heart breaker. 305 IBO @ 27 inches. (its max) Nice. A smoother draw cam might put this one on the top of the heap.

PRIME BOWS- WHERE ACCURACY IS EVERYTHING

MOON SHINE ATTITUDE ATTIRE- GET YOUR SHINE ON!!

I know this isn't what you asked, but there's a 50lb Elite Cuda in the classifieds which should be faster than both bows you listed. Just a thought and I have zero relationship with seller.
    "Bones Heal, Chicks Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"
    cartersarchery.com Home of the Zen Master Bow Guru

I was surprised at how quiet the Heartbreaker is. I wonder why they didn't come out with it in 6" brace though since a shorter brace doesn't bother a shorter draw archer as much and that is what the bow is designed for. We ordered one in black ops this week for my son.

I went to a Bowtech dealer last week, and was talking the tech there, and he said they took a Heartbreaker and a Destroyer 350, both set at 27" and 60#, and they shot within 3 fps of each other. Didn't see it myself, so I'm just posting what he told me. If that is the case, the Heartbreaker is pretty impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by pa.hunter View Post
    did not know you could get smooth mods you sure
    On the Assassin yes, Heartbreaker not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WVaBuckHunter View Post
    I went to a Bowtech dealer last week, and was talking the tech there, and he said they took a Heartbreaker and a Destroyer 350, both set at 27" and 60#, and they shot within 3 fps of each other. Didn't see it myself, so I'm just posting what he told me. If that is the case, the Heartbreaker is pretty impressive!
    I have heard also on another thread here that it is on par with the destroyer speed wise at 27", and same poundage.

what is the price of the heart breaker?
    Phoenix
    Invasion
    Accurate Archery Tuning-ONTARGET7
    ShootersArchery
    Nail by nail, and board by board.

We shot both bows side by side same draw length same poundage same arrow. Heartbreaker was 17 GPS faster and 1" more brace....
    Jerry Carter
    THREADZ Customs Bow Strings & Tuning

Smooth mods for the Assassin.......are you sure this is correct?
    VaporTrail Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Ben/PA View Post
    Smooth mods for the Assassin.......are you sure this is correct?
    There is a little promotional video on the assassin and it says that there is fast and smooth mods.

sounds like brand x got passed again
    kilm and grilm just like uncle Ted no drugs no booze and your mother will be proud of you and take a child hunting and fishing and they will thank you

Quote Originally Posted by WVaBuckHunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wierdobow View Post
    I have heard also on another thread here that it is on par with the destroyer speed wise at 27", and same poundage.
    you are 100% correct set up the same they are within 3fps of each other. the heartbreaker is GREAT bow. at $599.00 for RAK setup it is a smoking price also
    destroyer optifade 340, black ops insanity XL. spot hogg sight, wise guy release, fuse stabilizer, limb driver pro V rest, axis n-fused 340's, muzzy mx3 broadhead, octane 2 piece quiver

I'm not sure what brand "X" is but she did shoot a Parker bow set up with the same poundage and draw weight. Without any outside influence she shot it twice and told me to put it back on the rack. "Mind you she has only been shooting for one year". Not bashing parker by any means but that particular bow is not even in the same class

I am surprised with as well as pink bows are selling that they dont offer a pink camo for the heartbreaker or passion

Just set up a 24.5" DL, 46# Heart Breaker, with peep and loop the bow shot 262 FPS....arrow was 5.5 gpp.....the Passion won't come within 10 fps of that at that set up

I just shot the Passion, Vicxen, and Heartbreaker today and LOVED the Heartbreaker. It was definitely faster. Slightly less smooth, but for the difference in price even WITH the R.A.K. package, the price BLOWS the passion out of the water! It is a complete no brainer for me. And I have shot a lot of bows. My first shot hit dead center and barely made a sound. I am ordering my Heartbreaker tomorrow!

My girlfriend has had hers about one month now, granted she's new to the sport, (got tired of the boys shooting in the back yard with her getting to participate) We had her set up with the heart breaker black ops, it was a shot in the dark for me, she shot several bows, and thats the one she like, i didnt review online or anything. For her first bow it was all about her being comfortable with it, and that was clearly up to her, I just pushed her to the higher quality bows, that way we didnt need her to upgrade in another year. Her 5TH shot at the dealer, and she ruined two brand new arrows. Robin Hood!!! She loves the heartbreaker, and i created a monster she now has her apt. set up. if she opens the door to the gargage she can shoot in the living room through the kitchen and into the garage and get about 16 yards.......