Thread: Fishing Advice

Fishing Advice

I know this doesn't belong here, but I'm not sure where else to put it. So long story short. I'm going to be going to Cabo San Lucas for my honeymoon in May. Fiancee and me have decided to do a 1 day fishing trip. Has anyone ever fished down there? Any advice on charters? Thanks guys.

Switchback XT : Bucknasty Strings, G5 Expert II, G5 Optix XR, Octane Stabilizer and quiver
    Z7 : QAD Pro HD, HHA 5519 w/ HHA 2800 Sight Light, B-Stinger

Umm, is it safe at all to go to Mexico right now? Some parts safer than others? I dunno man.

Never heard of it? But I don't get out much, id say go with a tennesee shad color or firetiger?
    2010 Ben Pearson TX-4 Limited Edtion R2B2 QAD Rest Trophy Ridge Mantis Guide Series TRU-GLO Deadenator XS TR 4banger Easton Flatlines SLICKTRICK GRIZZTRICK 2
    The Lil Ladies Bow

Hoyt VICXEN Whisker biscuit TR V-3 TRU-GLO Deadenator XS Apex BC quiver Carbon Express Mayhems, NAP HELLRAZORS

Hey I was down in Cabo last year. We stayed at the Cabo San Luca's Grand resort, which is a short walk down to the marina where all the fishing boats are. Like you, I didn't have much information on the best charter fishing but I ended up visiting one of the stands they have down there and negotiated a price. Anyway, we trolled for 10 hours and polished off a case of beer, just as we were about to head back in the rod went wild. To make a long story short I ended up getting a 350 pound blue marlin! It took about 2 hours to bring the damn thing in, and the deck hands dressed it for me. I gave them each generous portions of the meat (that's honestly what they live off of). Most of the restaurants down there will prepare the meat for you if you bring it into them.

Overall it's a beautiful place and I'm sure you'll love it. The people down there are friendly and I really wouldn't worry about much. If you go in town you'll find some shady parts and bars like Squid Row which should be avoided. However most of the facilities are clean and American owned.

PS: Planet of the apes was filmed down there, make sure you go on a walk of those beautiful beaches, the caves you'll find are breathtaking.

PSS: When your in a cab, hold on! hahaha.

Thanks for the advice Tank. What time of year did you go?
    Switchback XT : Bucknasty Strings, G5 Expert II, G5 Optix XR, Octane Stabilizer and quiver
    Z7 : QAD Pro HD, HHA 5519 w/ HHA 2800 Sight Light, B-Stinger

I went in mid July. It felt like I was several feet from the sun around that time of year, haha, but I would bring sun screen regardless. Oh, and avoid the boats that run on diesel, you'll most certainly find yourself hanging off of the bow yaking your guts out.