a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbon element V.S z7

Carbon element V.S z7

I am looking to buy a new bow and can not make my mind up on which one would be better to get. I have shot the mathews z7 and with no doubt the smothest bow I have ever shot. But I havent been able to shoot the Carbon element yet because the archery shop I go to has not got any in yet. Any info on the Carbon element on how it shoots or what bow you like better betweeen the z7 and the Carbon element is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, teammac2

Wait till the element is available...then shoot side by side... pick the winner...

From what I've heard, I'd throw the Rampage XT in. I've heard many people in here compare them with the Element. Just because its the most $$$$ doesn't mean its always better
    1 Timothy 2
    2013 Hoyt Charger "blacked out"

iv got the rampage xt. my dad shoots an old mathews and when he shot my xt his jaw just dropped cause there was absolutely no vibration

own the matrix , have shot the z7 before i made my purchase , 2 very different feeling bows , both very, very nice
    "which one fits your needs?"

I've shot both and preferred the Element by a wide margin, however, that doesn't mean you will. I would wait and try both before deciding.
    58" Big Jim Thunderchild 60@30, 2 Toelke Hill Style LongbowS 51@30 & 45@30, Fedroa X-cellerator 44@30, Black Widow PSAX 44@28, Black Widow KBX 43@30, Hill style longbow by Maurice Cash 86@30. "The journey is more important than the destination"

I have shot both as well the carbon element shot really well low vibration but it was all so way harder to draw I'm buying the tactical Version.

Gotta break the ice and say i love my Z7

Z7 all the way

Just ordered my Carbon Element, all I can say is wow!......that's a crap load of money! Shoot em both, I don't think you can go wrong with either.
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder,
    Carbon Fiber Tree Limb quiver,Maxima Hunter 250 Blue streak selects, Hoyt Ultra Rest,Black Gold Ascent, Rage Hypodermics(the version that doesn't fail), and because they rock, BowExperts custom strings
    !
    AND A LOT LESS MONEY!And did I mention, waaaay less money!

I just sold my Z on here and I'm sure going to miss it. It's a great bow, but I feel that my Element does just that little bit better in every regard, with the exception that it draws a little stiffer than the Z. For me, I have found pure bliss in a hunting bow with the Element. Shoot both, and there's no way you can lose whichever choice you make.

just got a rampage xt as a back up and it's awesome way more bow then i expected for the m oney
    Hoyt Maxxis 31
    easton axis N-fused 340 camo rage 3 blade

Even as a Mathews man I have to say the Carbon Element is pretty sweet lookin'.

Still, that price tag will keep me from it. I can buy three nice used bows for the price of one element.
    Looking for the best strings, cables, and rests in the archery industry?
    --Look no further than www.vaportrailarchery.com--

I've been shooting the Z7 since last Feb., and there is NO WAY anyone is going to tell me that it's a better bow that the Carbon Element..... no one but a kool-aid drinking fanboy would even suggest otherwise and I would be willing to suggest the ONLY folks that will say Z7 have actually NEVER even held the Hoyt in their hands!

I love my Z7, don't get me wrong..... but the Hoyt Element is an entirely different class of bow!!!
    An "archer" tries to see how far away he can get from his target and still connect. A "BOWHUNTER" tries to see how CLOSE he can get to his.

I have never been one who cares about how a bow looks. One of best 3d bows many years ago was a High country Supreme I put together with a Camo riser and silver limbs. But that Element is just about too ugly to shoot. lol looks like some 3/4" pvc left laying out in the sun and it melted and twisted all up

Well I'm probably alittle biased but nothing I have shot to date has impressed me more than the Element. The draw is a bit stiffer than I expected but it feels great in my hand. Shoots smooth, is dead in my hand on target, light, and very quiet with almost no vibration. This is not the fastest bow I have owned but the slight reduction in speed is far offset by the other qualities. Not my first choice as a 3D rig but definately my hands down first choice for hunting. You owe it to yourself to atleast check one out before you decide.
    2014 Elite Energy 35 Xtra #70/2013 Elite Answer AP #70/B-Stinger 10.25 APG 8 oz.
    TightSpot APG / Easton ACC Pro Hunter 340/ 100gr Grim Reaper Razortips
    Tru Ball Beast Release/ HHA DS-5519/CBE Tek Hybrid / Limbdriver Pro-V

Quote Originally Posted by zyxw View Post
    I have never been one who cares about how a bow looks. One of best 3d bows many years ago was a High country Supreme I put together with a Camo riser and silver limbs. But that Element is just about too ugly to shoot. lol looks like some 3/4" pvc left laying out in the sun and it melted and twisted all up
    First person I have heard calling the Element ugly. LOL I'd like to see his girlfriend...
    2014 Elite Energy 35 Xtra #70/2013 Elite Answer AP #70/B-Stinger 10.25 APG 8 oz.
    TightSpot APG / Easton ACC Pro Hunter 340/ 100gr Grim Reaper Razortips
    Tru Ball Beast Release/ HHA DS-5519/CBE Tek Hybrid / Limbdriver Pro-V

Quote Originally Posted by dwagaman View Post
    First person I have heard calling the Element ugly. LOL I'd like to see his girlfriend...
    Man, I was thinking the SAME thing!!! Is this guy serious ?!? Does he know what a Z7 looks like..... I have one and can't deny that they are UGLY!!! LOL!
    An "archer" tries to see how far away he can get from his target and still connect. A "BOWHUNTER" tries to see how CLOSE he can get to his.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I've been shooting the Z7 since last Feb., and there is NO WAY anyone is going to tell me that it's a better bow that the Carbon Element..... no one but a kool-aid drinking fanboy would even suggest otherwise and I would be willing to suggest the ONLY folks that will say Z7 have actually NEVER even held the Hoyt in their hands!

I love my Z7, don't get me wrong..... but the Hoyt Element is an entirely different class of bow!!!
    Well said. And that is not a bash on the Z7 just the Element is that nice.

I havent shot the element I have the z7 I dont think its ugly at all.
    Is the element really that much better or just the latest and gratest.
    the Z has been good to me , doing what a bow does it;s a killer. with that being said I cant comment because I may like the element. cant wait to shoot one.
    [B]Yoohoo. I'll make you famous! [/B][{The world was just too big for OB. The funniest part was how his fan club turned on him. It was like a pack of carnivorous animals. }

Haven't shot the Element yet but i love my Z7. Maybe the Element is a world beater but it can't be that much better. No fanboy here either. This is the first Mathews I have ever owned and the only reason I bought it was bc i loved it. With that being said I am looking forward to shooting the Element.

i just bought a carbon element i shot both the z7 and the element side by side they are both great bows you cant go wrong either way the only thing i didnt like about the z7 was that it is top heavy or at least thats the way it seemed to me

Quote Originally Posted by teammac2 View Post

... I am looking to buy a new bow
    ... I have shot the mathews z7
    ... I havent been able to shoot the Carbon element
    ... Any info on the Carbon element
    2011 Hoyt Carbon Matrix + Test
    accuratearchery7 | January 10, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/user/accuratearchery7

Carbon element wins imo. That's wy I have one on order
    Blackout 2011 & 2012 Hoyt Carbon Elements, "Crackerized"PSE AXE 6, KIFARU Longhunter Guide pack, Magnus Rack Pack, Magnus Bullheads, Tight Spot Quiver, Bow Stix, Double Bull Blinds, Lone Wolf Stands, ZEN RAY 8X43 ED2 Optics

Hoyt Element Vs. Matthews Z7

first i will say i have been in the archery game for 50 + years ,, and i shoot year round , at least a 100 + arrows per day inside and out ,, at present I own a Z7 a Carbon Matrix and an Element ,, I have owned the Z7 about one year and the Element about 3 months ,, both bows are tack drivers ,, both are dead in the hand ,, the draw is somewhat different but i like both at 58 pounds , to me the Element is the bow ,holds dead on ,smooth, 0 Viberation, warm to the hand when you are sitting on stand for hours,, much lighter in weight which i like when in Elk country all day long ,,to me the Element has a lot better feel,well balanced and is a pleasure to shoot and hunt with ,,as for the Z7 i will say it shoots reather well and it doubles as a Waffle Iron,,, don't get pissed ,, remember i own one just really like the Element over the Z7 ,but both are Not for sale at present !!!! as for the Matrix great bow also but i am giving it to my grandson. """ I LIKE BIG BUCKS "" Ray, from Ohio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast