a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Shed Antler Traps

Shed Antler Traps

Has anyone ever built am shed antler trap.

I use the old tire method with pretty good success. Stack a few on top of each other with some acorn rage or something in the middle. I didn't think it would work but it did for me last year.
    ATHENS ACCOMPLICE 32
    QAD
    Easton Bloodlines
    Trophy Ridge
    MUZZY bh's

no need to build one - look for natural one's - I actually shy away from any type of man-made device - we had a fellow rig up one of the tire and chain traps with a dishpan in the middle filled with corn - a bunch of teenagers found a real nice buck, dead with his head all tangled in the chains and it was a NIGHTMARE for the local hunting community - the township property that this occurred on was posted by the township and several of us lost a nice little spot that had been producing quality buck for the past 7 years- now only the local municipal workers are permitted on the property -

I must admit - au naturale is the way to go - I scored 5 sheds from this set-up alone last year......

Joe
    RingerCams - Keeping Your Eyes on the Prize!!!
    www the 12-ring . com
    Custom Predator GT500, Stage One Threads, Custom Posten, Custom Sword Twilight Hunter, Maxima Hunters
    383 grains @ 300fps

I pile small logs/ fallen limbs over the bait/ salt or what ever you use to attract them. Space them about a foot apart so all deer can get their heads in and get a bite or a lick. I usually use 3"-4" 10' long limbs.

12 ringer has it. We have put a little grain out under the hopper of our grain bins with some pretty decent results. It is not that aggressive that the deer could get trapped yet there is a strong possibilty that the deer bumps its rack on the hopper frame. Deer here are already trained that where there are bins there is spilt grain.

I know a guy, when feeding was legal in Il, that used to put t-posts a foot apart in a 4' circle with corn in the middle. He said it worked good.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference....Marines dont have that problem." Ronald Reagan
    09 PSE GX6, Sword sight, Limbdriver Pro, Doinker, Easton epicnfused, Muzzy Broadheads
    Deerview Mirror Prostaff