Thread: Z7 vs. Z7 Extreme.

Z7 vs. Z7 Extreme.

would the Z7 Extreme shoot tighter groups because of its longer brace height?

Between the two I stayed with the original Z7. To me it held and shot better then the Z7 Extreme. But if
    you have a chance to shoot both do it and then you can make the choice what shoots better for you.
    Proudly Supporting Spot Hogg, SNA Bow Slings, True Spot Scopes, Vaportrail Archery, Hot Shot Archery, Bad River Outdoors, Norway Industries, Big Green Targets, PB Archery, , Wac’Em Broadheads, Archery Lessons Online, U-slide

But since the brace height is longer by the books it will be more accurate?

I have one and it is very nice to shoot. Accurate for a short ata

would the longer Z7 be more accurate due to the longer ATA? is there not much of a difference due to the longer brace?

Quote Originally Posted by scottydude003 View Post
    would the longer Z7 be more accurate due to the longer ATA? is there not much of a difference due to the longer brace?
    This is just my opinion, nothing scientifically tested or proved beyond a shaddow of a doubt, so take it for what it's worth.
    I am going to order the new Z7 extreme. I also have an alphamax 32. I shoot the alphamax really well, but shoot the Z7 extreme really well too. I measured, and the risor on the Extreme is actually longer than the risor on my Alphamax, even though my Alphamax is a longer ATA bow. I personally think that this plays a big role in how these short ATA bows become forgiving. I also believe that the longer brace height ads as much forgiveness to the bow as does a long ATA. Ask anyone who owned a Switchback LD with a 8" plus brace height, and the ones I've talked to say that it was still to date the best shooting and most accurate bow they've ever had. I think the Z9 will be a hit as well for this same reason. Of course, with longer brace height comes a trade off for speed, but I'm fine with that.
    Just my opinion on this subject. Take it for what it's worth. Good luck
    "The good thing about being a pessimist is you're either always proven right, or pleasantly surprised.."

I think we put a little to much into this brace height thing. I mean 5.5" compared to 7.5" then yes there should be a bit of a difference but 7" to 7.5 isnt enough to worry about. I think its more important to get the bow that holds and feels better for you. Thats the bow that will shoot better IMO.

Accuracy lies in the hands of the shooter, period!

High up in a tree, maybe in Michigan, maybe not..
    Quote Originally Posted by TL3 View Post
    Accuracy lies in the hands of the shooter, period!
    x2
    2011 MATHEWS Z7 EXTREME 73/29
    QAD HD Pro,Spot hogg hunter,
    389.92 grain Gold Tip Pro Hunter 75/95 with a RAGE Hypodermic
    Lone wolf stands

To the OP, I seriously doubt that you will be able to tell a difference other than the string angle will be so bad on the Xtreme that you will have a hard time reaching all the traditional anchor points w/o shooting a DL that is too long.
    Andy

ex-stream is smoother

shot both my z7 and a extreme together yesterday. the original had less vibration than the extreme. granted 2 variables changed. i had a dish on mine and the extreme had none. and the extreme had monkey tails. take it for what its worth

My guess is they are very very similar. .5 more brace height will herdly be noticable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by mooreski View Post
    This is just my opinion, nothing scientifically tested or proved beyond a shaddow of a doubt, so take it for what it's worth.
    I am going to order the new Z7 extreme. I also have an alphamax 32. I shoot the alphamax really well, but shoot the Z7 extreme really well too. I measured, and the risor on the Extreme is actually longer than the risor on my Alphamax, even though my Alphamax is a longer ATA bow. I personally think that this plays a big role in how these short ATA bows become forgiving. I also believe that the longer brace height ads as much forgiveness to the bow as does a long ATA. Ask anyone who owned a Switchback LD with a 8" plus brace height, and the ones I've talked to say that it was still to date the best shooting and most accurate bow they've ever had. I think the Z9 will be a hit as well for this same reason. Of course, with longer brace height comes a trade off for speed, but I'm fine with that.
    Just my opinion on this subject. Take it for what it's worth. Good luck
    I agree with the brace height I shoot a switchback LD and a Q2 XL.....the switchback LD has a tighter group...."more brace Height less ata"

I can't tell the difference between the two and I shot them back to back. I like the look of the original Z7.

both are great and better than the z9

how is the Z7Extreme compared the to carbon element?

Quote Originally Posted by double o View Post
    I can't tell the difference between the two and I shot them back to back. I like the look of the original Z7.
    I did the same thing, Im sticking with my reg Z7....if I was blindfolded I truly dont know if I could of told them apart while shooting them.
    Blacked Out Mathews Chill 28/70 .....HHA XL5519, QAD HDX, KTech 5 twin, T3 Quiver, Gold Tip XT 75/95's and Rage Chisel Broadheads

Mathews Drenalin 28/70....HHA DS XL5519, WB , B Stinger, GT XT 75/95's, and Rage Chisel Broadheads