Thread: Bow tuner

Bow tuner

Just wondering has anybody tried the True shot dual laser bow alignment tool and is it worth the money? IT seems alittle overly priced to me.

2010 Mathews z7 /Qad hd pro rest/G5xr2 sight/6inch axion stab/ T5 quiver
    leupold vendetta rangefinder/gold tip 5575 carbon arrows /100gr.rage 2 broadhead

Do a search a lot of threads about this.

Quote Originally Posted by hangr54 View Post
    Just wondering has anybody tried the True shot dual laser bow alignment tool and is it worth the money? IT seems alittle overly priced to me.
    most lasers are overpriced anyway, imo, it is a completely unnecessary tool.....i bought a bohning laser center tool about 3 years ago, and the minute i installed it to try it out, instantly realized that i dropped 120+ dollars for a cool looking paperweight

I haven't seen that one yet, but I really like my easy eye laser. Not the cheapest tool but sure makes setting up a hole lot easier!
    BowTech Pro Staff 2006-2012, Team QAD, Bowjax, NY State Bow/Hunter Education Instructor and Licensed Guide. NYSCC region 6 Archery Representative. Semper Fi

ttt
    leupold vendetta rangefinder/gold tip 5575 carbon arrows /100gr.rage 2 broadhead

I think the EZ Eye laser center tool is the $#!$, just so long as you know your arrow may tune a little inside or out, but gives you a darn close starting point. I've found many times that if you have the right spined arrow and your cam lean is correct, you'll shoot bullets through paper first shot. My dos centavos.

I have the True Shot and it works very nice with easy to follow instructions.
    I set my bows up with it and have very little tweaking afterwards .

ttt

I'd forget it. Just eyeball everything down the center then shoot through the $10 paper rack you just built with the money you saved ('cause the bow still needs tuned after a laser anyway ) then drink a lot of beer with the rest of the money you saved.
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

The laser might help you get a starting point but you'll still have to walkback and or broadhead tune it to get it (RIGHT) so save the money and skip the laser.
    Owner: **Precision Tune ** When good enough just ain't good enough!

Skip the laser and just eyeball it. The eyeball will put you real close to where the laser will put you, so like others have said, it's not worth the money and you're still going to have to make adjustments after that! A good bow tuner doesn't need a laser....
    Elite GT500 28"@72lbs
    Spott Hogg Hunter
    Ripcord Code Red
    26" GT Velocity Pro
    100gr. Grizz Tricks @ 322fps!

ttt

Quote Originally Posted by Buster of Xs View Post
    I'd forget it. Just eyeball everything down the center then shoot through the $10 paper rack you just built with the money you saved ('cause the bow still needs tuned after a laser anyway ) then drink a lot of beer with the rest of the money you saved.
    DING... DING... we have a winner!