Archery Talk Forum banner

The Nuts & Bolts Of Archery

485K views 708 replies 312 participants last post by  m@rkus 
#1 ·
See less See more
#439 · (Edited)
Here is the LONGER, updated 2012 edition.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/byyycyrxq... Archery 2012 Updated version (Neuralgia).pdf

177 pages.

Same chapters.
Same page numbers in both editions.

The extra pages are in Chapter 5.

Chapter 5, page 20 is new....in the 2nd edition of my Guide...
all the way to Chapter 5, page 37 is new stuff in the 2nd edition.

The bottom left corner of each page,
will tell you
if the page is from the original 2010 1rst edition of my Guide

or

if the page is from the 2nd edition, which I created in 2012.

If you have the original edition,
just print the extra pages in Chapter 5.

#440 ·
Has anyone ever put together a chart with draw length on one axis ( I guess that matters not sure) and ATA on the other to figure out roughly what you need to be able to touch your nose with the string? I would never consider a bow that wouldn't allow me to do that. My current bow is 34 ATA 7 BH and my draw is 29 and I can do it but wonder if I could with a 33.25 ATA and 6.75 brace height and also if a lower brace height is a factor in this equation at all.

#444 ·
So these longer risers with past parallel limbs may be a 34 ATA but might not work for me even is my old bow with same specs did? The lower the brace the less likely to touch the nose all things else equal?

#447 ·
My problem is finding bows I want to shoot within a days drive. Slim pickings around here. I wonder if it's not something manufacturers could put in the spec sheet for each bow. Brace height, ATA, speed rating, weight out of the box and STRING ANGLE!

#455 ·
REcurve, long bow, compound, it's all good :)

No reason to disparage any of them. I shoot all 3 on occasion & enjoy each for it's advantages and try to overcome each's deficiencies. It's a fun journey!

Allen

#463 ·
A quick question.
I have paper tuned my arrows, and length and spine is checked and Ok with archers advantage.
Bare shaft and fletched shafts group great from close up to 18-20m. At 25 the bare shafts group tight 4-5 inches straight right of the fletched arrows.
Can anyone explain why this is happening, and what I have to do to fix it ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.