a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Deer cane and deer cane black magic

Deer cane and deer cane black magic

anyone used these? are they very good do you have any pictures of deer on cams on spots you have used the stuff?

I am a bowhunter, I stand for hunter's rights I can and will Kill all big bucks and does who come across me when I'm in my stand.
    2014 Hoyt Charger, Easton aftermath 340's Fletcher .44 mag release 100 GR. Slick Trick Nuke broadheads

Once they find them they'll hit them pretty hard in the summertime.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference....Marines dont have that problem." Ronald Reagan
    09 PSE GX6, Sword sight, Limbdriver Pro, Doinker, Easton epicnfused, Muzzy Broadheads
    Deerview Mirror Prostaff

what about spring and fall?
    I am a bowhunter, I stand for hunter's rights I can and will Kill all big bucks and does who come across me when I'm in my stand.
    2014 Hoyt Charger, Easton aftermath 340's Fletcher .44 mag release 100 GR. Slick Trick Nuke broadheads

I used it last spring and throughout the summer. Seemed to work great. Had 1 set of pictures that lasted about 30 minutes of 4 does that never moved from the spot. Didn't get much buck action on the spots though. I would always mix it with corn and some of the pictures actually had the does pawing at the corn (looks like they are digging down for the deer cane.)
    Switchback XT : Bucknasty Strings, G5 Expert II, G5 Optix XR, Octane Stabilizer and quiver
    Z7 : QAD Pro HD, HHA 5519 w/ HHA 2800 Sight Light, B-Stinger

Yeah they'll hit it then too. But in my exp. they hammer it in summertime. I'd also recommend keeping somewhat near water. Also try mixing it with a salt block.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference....Marines dont have that problem." Ronald Reagan
    09 PSE GX6, Sword sight, Limbdriver Pro, Doinker, Easton epicnfused, Muzzy Broadheads
    Deerview Mirror Prostaff

It is illegal here in Illinois but here is a pic of one at my Missouri spot....

http://vthumb.ak.fbcdn.net/hvthumb-a...2185_442_t.jpg
    Deerview Mirror Prostaff

Quote Originally Posted by PassYoungBucks;105989616 5
    It is illegal here in Illinois but here is a pic of one at my Missouri spot....

http://vthumb.ak.fbcdn.net/hvthumb-a...2185_442_t.jpg
    Lets try that again....http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vid...58832730805870
    Deerview Mirror Prostaff

I put both out about 1 month ago right beside my corn feeder. I have a Bushnell Trophy Cam that covers the feeder and both mineral sites. I have gotten close to 4000 pictures and not a single deer was photographed on the minerals. Perhaps they will start hitting it this Spring?? Of interest though is I have a 50# trace mineral block about 50 yards away that is still getting hammered, not as much as during the summer but definitely getting hit daily.

i put one of those small deer cocane blocks out since walmart is damn near giving them away, and its been covered in snow ever since. That was 2 days after christmas. I dont think they know its there.

this is Dec.28th

Camera is in the same spot, never moved.
    El Boone:
    Personally, Id quickly make a surprised face, yell "look out behind you, a hunter", and while he was looking, switch arrows and shoot him.

I bought a bunch of it from walmart eariler this month when i was in Flordia everything was $5/ea.
    Matt
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT 28"@ 59lbs, 2011 CRX32 Blackout 27.5" @60lbs
    Darkhorse Stud arrows 400's 28" with Montecs or Rage 3 blades
    Darkhorse Archery Staff Shooter darkhorsearchery.ca ECO3/LOG6 Prostaff

I've put out the granular. They never touched it.

i use it but mix it in with feed works great i get on average 700 pics on a single cam every 2 weeks i have 2 cams out at feeders so thats a total of over a 1000 pics every 2 weeks i bought every bag that 5 walmarts here in tulsa an surrounding areas had they dont seem to mess with the blocks much of course we bn gettin alot of snow

I use the powdery version right on the ground before or when it is raining, blacktails seem to love it. They eat the ground to get to it. The bears like the molasses smell, that cost me a camera this year though, lol.

thats good lol i went and got me a couple bags never used it figured id see if it worked or not or see if i waisted my money

I picked up a block for 4$ a few weeks ago..I wont put it till the spring thaw starts
    I live by my own rules (reviewed, revised, and approved by my wife).. but still my own-

Quote Originally Posted by MJewell View Post
    I bought a bunch of it from walmart eariler this month when i was in Flordia everything was $5/ea.
    Matt
    its funny you say that cuz I also bought some bags of blk magic deer cane for $3.60 a bag, plus some 1 gallon wildgame flavored juiced mineral lick liquid for $4.50 at walmart. at these prices its worth trying these other products & will have enough to last the year or more, even thinking to go back & buy more of the stuff to last me sevveral years.

1 thing people have problems with mineral licks is they expect deer to use them during the fall or winter, its not gonna happen! deer will not use mineral licks during fall/winter & if they do it'll be a rare thing. get your mineral licks/sites out there in the early spring & if its a new site sweeten up the site some so they find it faster.

They'll hit it hard spring and summer. This time of year, the deer don't touch minerals much. Once the bucks start growing next year's antlers and the does start nursing fawns, they'll start hammering the minerals again. I usually find a stump, sit a salt block on top and poor deer cane or another powder mineral over the top. You'll have to find a new stump after a year or two though, because the deer will have it eaten.
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT, 66lbs, 28.5'', WB, Black Gold Amp, Fuse Quiver, Beman ICS Hunters, 100gr Thunderheads

Sweet i bought mine for 3 dollars at wal-mart so i figured i would giver a try