Thread: Stokerized SS1 review

Stokerized SS1 review

Hey everyone. I'm looking at stabilizers for my new bow (It's not here yet) and like the looks and the idea behind the Stokerized SS1. Has anyone used one on their rig? Not sure if they are even out yet? I've just left an email with Stokerized for some info., but really would like to here a review or opinion on them from a consumer. Thanks Ron

Nice set ups. Shot them on bows at the ATA. Pretty cool for sure. Best looking stabilizers on the market

DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Thanks DB. Any dampening capabilities to them or are they strickly a stabilizer? Thanks, Ron

Quote Originally Posted by va limbhanger View Post
    Thanks DB. Any dampening capabilities to them or are they strickly a stabilizer? Thanks, Ron
    They do seem to dampen the bows I shot. Without really shooting them on my personal bow its hard for me to totally say.
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

They do look awesome!

I just ordered one yesterday.
    www.ltlacorn.com
    Authorized Dealer for:Strother Archery, Darton Archery, Predator Camo, Vapor Trail, Stokerized Stabilizers, Black Gold Sights, Lakewood Products (Bow Cases), Tru-Fire Releases, Spyderweb targets,First-Lite, LTL ACORN CAMERAS,Spot-Hogg, Reconyx,VORTEX Optics, Tightspot Quivers,Tenzing Packs,Sitka Clothing,

I talked to the only Stokerized dealer in Virginia and Robert (Shenandoah Sporting Goods) said that he is still waiting for his initial order to show up. I was about to order one direct from Stokerized, but after reading a few reviews it seemed clear that Stokerized would rather you order from a dealer if possible. I don't even have the bow I'm wanting to put it on yet (lefty on order), so Robert said he will call me as soon as he gets them in. I'm sure Stokerized is trying to catch up on orders they placed during the ATA show.

Are they liquid filled?

Quote Originally Posted by FCFCharlie View Post
    Are they liquid filled?
    No they are not.
    DB

Does anyone know if Doinker offers something similar? I looked at their catalog for 2011, but didn't see anything like the stokerized where you have the offset bracket that can be adjusted and the stabilizer itself can move front to back with different weight options (Saturn weights).

Stokerized SS1 on Destroyer 350

I have an SS1 on my Destroyer 350 for about a week now. I'm very happy with it. I'll try to add some pics below.

Overall, it balances very well without being bulky at all. It is out of the way and effective. Looks great too. Very good fit and finish and hardware.

I live pretty close to their shop and bought the stab right from Kyle Stokes. I gave him a call and when I got to the shop he had the stab on the counter and set up for my bow already.Attachment 990208Attachment 990207

Whats the damage for one of these?

can you get that in black and does anyone know if they will be at the eastern sports and outdoors show in harrisburg i saw the doulble stab setup like that i tink its called the nucleus at a shp yesterday for 169$ i thought that was a great price but wasnt sure probably should of bought it
    2013 bowtech experience
    2014 prime impact

I believe the black is called "Smoke" color. I talked to my local dealer here in Virginia who is waiting to get his first supply of Stokerized stab. products and that's what he told me. If I decide to go with the Stokerized stabilizer it will be smoke because of the fact that Stokerized's Realtree AP not matching this years Hoyt Realtree AP camo. That's what I don't like about the Realtree pattern! There's just too darn many different ones.

what is the going price on the ss1
    mine 2010 exceed 300 white/vista 70lbs gt expo/xt hunter surloc ss -\LD micro elite--
    wife 2009 accomplice 32 black/vista 50lbs sureloc LWQC2 LD micro elite gt kinetic xt
    daughter Diamond Atomic silver/black xxx, rug rats, razorback arrows

Quote Originally Posted by team-A&S View Post
    what is the going price on the ss1
    Received an email back from Shawn Lutz at Stokerized about the SS1. The asking price from there was $120 and $10 S&H. I'm sure it will be a little less expensive from a dealer.

On my target bow, I have the full nucleus system with the 20" target stabilizer. I love the whole setup, instantly brought me from 293 area to 299-300. I did have to add some weight to the front.

To help answer some of the questions:

They are not liquid filled, they are acrylic rods.

As for the color of the acrylic, there is a good selection of color options
    And the SS1 bracket can come in black, realtree AP, realtree max-1, realtree snow camo

Id encourage anyone interested in these stabs to visit the Stokerized website, you can view all the acrylic colors and bracket finishes.
    http://www.stokerized.com/
    Train Hard. Hunt Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by va limbhanger View Post
    I believe the black is called "Smoke" color. I talked to my local dealer here in Virginia who is waiting to get his first supply of Stokerized stab. products and that's what he told me. If I decide to go with the Stokerized stabilizer it will be smoke because of the fact that Stokerized's Realtree AP not matching this years Hoyt Realtree AP camo. That's what I don't like about the Realtree pattern! There's just too darn many different ones.
    We have a smoke color and black color

Guys, if anyone is interested I have a SNOW SS1 with black rod in the classifieds, never even opened it. Going with a different system on my XLR.
    "The Yankee Bowman"
    '15 LH Hoyt Pro Edge Elite-65lb- Max 1
    '14 LH Hoyt Faktor 34-70lb- Realtree Xtra
    '13 LH Hoyt Pro Comp Elite XL-60lb- Orange with black hardware