Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bobcat Full body mount price?

Bobcat Full body mount price?

Interested in getting a Bobcat mounted. Any body know a ball park price range?

Im going to have one done and out here ive seen any where from about $350.00 to $1200.00
    Ross CR337
    spot hogg hogg it, Trophy Taker, Easton Redline 460
    , cartel shock eater stab, Rockey Mountain Snypers, Wac-em Tritions, Blazer Vanes, , Super Peep

E & J archery New Englands best HCA dealer

go to taxidermy.net and click on hte taxidermist option. looks like around 450.00 to 650.00 in your area
    Ross CR337
    spot hogg hogg it, Trophy Taker, Easton Redline 460
    , cartel shock eater stab, Rockey Mountain Snypers, Wac-em Tritions, Blazer Vanes, , Super Peep

E & J archery New Englands best HCA dealer

Prices on bobcats will vary almost as much as the quality on bobcats will.

I want it done correctly but DANG! that's high. May just do a european skull mount.

I can do a nice bobcat mount on a log for $430. It all depends on what you want and what kind of habitat you want it put on.

Talked to a guy here that quoted $400.00. I guess I'm just too much of a cheapskate, that still sounds awfully high. Thanks for the replies fellas.

I just picked mine up Saturday. It was $350 with habitat and open mouth. Probably the best I have seen in a while. I will try to post pics tomorrow.
    "Without the blood of perfect life, I know I'm nothing at all."(Demon Hunter)

Not the best pics taken with my phone, but here they are.

Quote Originally Posted by spenn View Post
    Not the best pics taken with my phone, but here they are.

Not to point fingers, but some of you should actually look at pics of live bobcats before saying how good your mounts are.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Magis View Post
    Not to point fingers, but some of you should actually look at pics of live bobcats before saying how good your mounts are.

Oh, geez. Please don't take this wrong, but I would not have paid anything for that mount pictured. I once ran over a bobcat - it looked similar.

It really doesn't matter what it costs - if you like the work the taxidermist does, it's worth it. I know that sounds odd, but the cost will be forgotten in short order, and you could potentially be looking at that mount the rest of your life.

TimberlandTaxi (posted above) is doing a bobcat for me right now. He's also doing a whitetail buck shoulder mount. I don't consider his prices to be that expensive at all for the work that he does (although when I go and pick them both up, I plan on just handing over my entire checkbook and just crying a little). You should pick a taxidermist based on qualty of work - not what it costs or how long it's going to take.

I understand you're looking for what you should pay, but you really won't get a lot of useful information. You'll just get a broad range of prices, which rarely reflect the quality of work.
    PSE MILITIA

If it sounds like a squirrel, it’s a deer. If it sounds like an elephant, it’s a squirrel.

Cats are the one amimal that i havent see alot of quality mounts done. I can honestly say you will get what you pay for 99% of the time. The mount above is hideouse, simply put. JB

Dont sugar coat it boys, what do you really think of the mount above?

Thats funny right there, I dont care who you are (and I agree)

ditto
    turkey

Funny you should say that. These are your words and I don't remember anybody asking you. "I don’t like the idea of critiquing mounts if the taxidermist doesn’t ask for themselves. I could pick apart every mount I’ve ever done."

To the rest of the comments, I like the mount myself, that is all that really counts. Not to make excuses but the lighting is bad and it was a cell phone camera. These are really strong comments and i was just trying to HELP the OP and not get into a bashing or steal his thread. This is why I don't post much on here anymore. seems like so much negativity from everywhere and that is just dragging us down as a society and as hunters. Don't have time for that, I have more important things to do.

By the way, since this one is so bad, why don't you guys that can do better past some pics of ones that you have done.

Quote Originally Posted by spenn View Post
    Funny you should say that. These are your words and I don't remember anybody asking you. "I don’t like the idea of critiquing mounts if the taxidermist doesn’t ask for themselves. I could pick apart every mount I’ve ever done."
    I did say that, and it's true. Notice I didn't say anything in particular about the mount itself. Just making an observation, that's all. I wasn't pointing out only your post, but I certainly was including it. I've seen loads of bad cat mounts that people claim are great. I understand you're offended, but seriously, look at some pics of live cats and tell us what you see.

I did say that, and it's true. Notice I didn't say anything in particular about the mount itself. Just making an observation, that's all. I wasn't pointing out only your post, but I certainly was including it. I've seen loads of bad cat mounts that people claim are great. I understand you're offended, but seriously, look at some pics of live cats and tell us what you see.
    The moral of the story is YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!! I would bet money if you put a $300.00 mt next to a $600.00 mt you would see the difference in most cases.

As being a taxidermist, it really tics me off when someone says it seems high to get something mounted. Let me ask you this, what do you make an hour at work? Do you work for minimum wage? I charge $400 for a lifesize bobcat and that does not include an open mouth. It would be an additional $100 for an open mouth. And presuming what you want done with a habitat it may go even higher in price. MY $400 price pretty much comes out to me makeing an average of $14 an hr. after all my overhead and material cost comes out of the price. My prices are base on materials, time that I have in the mount and all my overhead like electricity, gas and shop expenses. When you start talking life size mounts their is a crazy amount of time in one to produce a good looking mount. Most commercial forms especially bobcats and bears that will actually fit a form right out of the box. So now I got time cutting the form apart and making the size I need it to be or to alter it to get the pose you are looking for. Witch in return is driving the price up even more. I would feel absolutely ashamed of myself if I would have let a cat go out of my shop that looks as bad as the one above.

I will agree that Timberland does some outstanding cat mounts, better then I will ever be able to do.

As for pics, I don't have any pics of cats that I have mounted but I will post some pics of a whitetail and a bear that I have done. (bear pics were taken before I went threw and painted the under skin of the bear hence the baldness look with all the light brown spots)

I think a just table/predistal deal would look really nice!
    Elite Pure NINJA 70#
    Axcel Armortech
    NAP Apache
    B StingerPro
    Scott Releases

Quote Originally Posted by StraightShotSam View Post
    I think a just table/predistal deal would look really nice!
    Well, I have one for sale if you are interested.

The Cat above looks like it just got smacked in the head with a shovel!!!

Fellas are not bashful over here.

From what I have seen...Cole with Timberland Taxidermy and Lonny Travis of Travis Taxidermy are the best values out there for cats. High quality work and very reasonable prices. You will get what you pay for...especially with cats. These two guys create art, not just mounts.

OlGord

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast