Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bobcat Full body mount price?

Thanks for the kind words guys, and Olgord, I would agree about Lonny. He does nice work with cats. There is room in the industry for all levels of ability, and honestly if someone can't tell the difference between a $300 cat and a $700 cat then it would be silly for them to spend more than $300. As long as you are happy with the work you had done, then that is all that matters.

MOC, just thought I'd give you a heads up...your cat is mounted and drying. I'll post a preview pic of it on here for you Monday, and I'll call you when it's dry, finished, and ready for pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by TimberlandTaxi View Post
    MOC, just thought I'd give you a heads up...your cat is mounted and drying. I'll post a preview pic of it on here for you Monday, and I'll call you when it's dry, finished, and ready for pickup.
    Sounds good, looking forward to it. Turn out OK even with the cosmetic surgery I gave to that cat's face?
    PSE MILITIA

If it sounds like a squirrel, itís a deer. If it sounds like an elephant, itís a squirrel.

MOC, here is the preview of your kitty that I'd promised. The volleyball sized hole in the side of his head repaired quite nicely. It should by dry and ready in another week or so, I'll give you a call.

Wow! That looks incredible, Cole. Can't wait till it's ready.
    PSE MILITIA

If it sounds like a squirrel, itís a deer. If it sounds like an elephant, itís a squirrel.

MOC, here is the preview of your kitty that I'd promised. The volleyball sized hole in the side of his head repaired quite nicely. It should by dry and ready in another week or so, I'll give you a call.

Nice job Cole...see people This is what a cat looks like.

WOW! that makes ALL the cat mounts I have EVER seen look terrible!!! That my friend is some beautiful work!! I have a few of these running around on the land I hunt. Maybe its time to clean a few out and send one your way!
    I keep Tarantulas as my other hobby.

2011 Bowtech Assassin, 60X strings and cables, Bob Lambeth side plates, QAD ultra pro hd, 5 pin wrapped spot- hogg "real deal", Gold TIP XT hunters(5575), 100grn slick trick magnums, Limbsaver S coil stabilizer, bowrattler

this one was 250.00 15 years ago..........running 500 now.....I've got two being mounted right now .....shoulder mount 200 each

Thanks, your compliments mean a lot. Cats seem to give a lot of taxidermists trouble. They are difficult to do, no question about that. Paying more obviously doesn't mean getting more, but at the same time going cheap almost always means lower quality. I meant what I said earlier though, if you can't tell the difference between a $250 cat and a $700 cat, it would make no sense to pay more. Some people can tell a difference however, and that keeps me pretty busy. Here is one I did a while back. I need to take more pics, but it seems I'm always too busy to get any pictures before they go out the door.
    Timberland Taxidermy
    10813 NE Witt Rd
    Cameron, MO 64429

Thanks, your compliments mean a lot. Cats seem to give a lot of taxidermists trouble. They are difficult to do, no question about that. Paying more obviously doesn't mean getting more, but at the same time going cheap almost always means lower quality. I meant what I said earlier though, if you can't tell the difference between a $250 cat and a $700 cat, it would make no sense to pay more. Some people can tell a difference however, and that keeps me pretty busy. Here is one I did a while back. I need to take more pics, but it seems I'm always too busy to get any pictures before they go out the door.
    That my friend sis a great mount for sure......

TTT. I'm not sure she looked this real when I shot her, Cole.
    PSE MILITIA

You are a bobcat master, buddy

he should be very happy with the mount just saw you beat 16 other cats on taxidermy.net congtrats
    Ross CR337
    spot hogg hogg it, Trophy Taker, Easton Redline 460
    , cartel shock eater stab, Rockey Mountain Snypers, Wac-em Tritions, Blazer Vanes, , Super Peep

E & J archery New Englands best HCA dealer

Cole , He looks very content .
    Also very much alive .
    You did a great job ...

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsulikowski View Post
    he should be very happy with the mount just saw you beat 16 other cats on taxidermy.net congtrats
    Don't worry, I am. I don't even have it yet and I'm very, very happy. I don't know anything about him beating 16 other cats with this work, but I wouldn't doubt it. Dude is good.
    PSE MILITIA

looks like it needs another shot. i mean wow thats a amazing job. do you do yotes? what do those run? always wanted to get a full body mount of a yote
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

Yeah MOC, I entered your cat in the second annual "Bobcat Challenge" on a taxidermy website, and it was voted on by members of the site.

sawtoothscream, yes I do coyotes as well.

Timberland Taxidermy
    10813 NE Witt Rd
    Cameron, MO 64429

Cole are those are artificial noses??

Cole are those are artificial noses??
    The short answer to that question would be no, not all of them.
    Timberland Taxidermy
    10813 NE Witt Rd
    Cameron, MO 64429

When it comes to price thats not the most important thing but when it comes to a bidding war on price they are fools and if they have confidence in thier work they would charge what its worth if they dont I would say its not good most states have a state competion for taxidermy if they have never had a big enough set to go do it and win a ribbon then they are not putting enough into thier work or anyone elses. You want to see good work go to one and walk around and look you will see the diff. By the way Cole nice job.
    WWW.BOWHANGER.COM come hang with us!
    Tonys award winning Taxidermy
    Archery Shooter Systems

Quote Originally Posted by archeryshooter View Post
    most states have a state competion for taxidermy if they have never had a big enough set to go do it and win a ribbon then they are not putting enough into thier work or anyone elses
    Some of the best in the world don't compete.

Cole are you talking abought just the pedistal or Bobcat pedistal mounted ?
    I want to have a Bobcat done .
    I,ve only seen one while hunting a couple years ago .
    I may just buy one on Taxi net . and have it mounted ?
    I realize most States you need to be a licensed taxidermy to purchase .
    How would it work if Iwanted to pay and have it sent to a taxidermist ?
    Sorry to high jack your thread ....

Quote Originally Posted by 4TRACKS View Post
    Cole are you talking abought just the pedistal or Bobcat pedistal mounted ?
    I want to have a Bobcat done .
    I,ve only seen one while hunting a couple years ago .
    I may just buy one on Taxi net . and have it mounted ?
    I realize most States you need to be a licensed taxidermy to purchase .
    How would it work if Iwanted to pay and have it sent to a taxidermist ?
    Sorry to high jack your thread ....
    I have a bobcat pedestal mounted right now that I would sell. I also keep plenty of stock bobcats for those that want one mounted but don't have the cat. I purchase the cats, then sell them after they are mounted so no legal problems. (You would have to check with your state on the legalities of purchasing a bobcat mount, but most all allow it) You could also purchase a cat, and have it shipped to me for mounting, but in some states that is not legal. (My home state of MO for example requires a fur trader license to buy furbearers.)
    Timberland Taxidermy
    10813 NE Witt Rd
    Cameron, MO 64429

Im sure thats true but somewere they learned from the best and they dont do thier work for CHEAP.
    WWW.BOWHANGER.COM come hang with us!
    Tonys award winning Taxidermy
    Archery Shooter Systems

my taxidermist would only cost me about 300 dollars because we give him so much buisiness
    Bowtech Destroyer 350, 70, 29 qad hd pro rest Truglo Micro Brite 5 Pin Sight
    Easton BloodrunnersScott Silverhorn Release

Might check out

http://www.arizonataxidermists.info

just highlight the above link .... then double click and go down to search and click...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast