a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most accurate fixed blade broadhead?

Most accurate fixed blade broadhead?

I am shooting 100gr. broadheads but I am looking for some new fixed blades but I just want to see which ones shoot the best and have the best results?

Mathews Z7 Lost Camo 27/70#, Ripcord Code red lost camo rest, Axion Edge sights w/light, Axion GLZ stabilizer in lost camo, Mathews Arrow Web T5 Lost Camo quiver, Red/lost camo wrist sling, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350 Mathews Z7 Edition arrows, Crimson Talon XT broadheads. (For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotton Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but should have everlasting life. John 3:16)

Shuttle T
    CRACKERIZED MONSTER MR6
    VAP V1 300 w/ FOBs @ 490 grains
    GT Velocity Pro 300 w/ 2" Blazers @ 392 grains
    Grim Reaper Razortip WTS, Rage Hypos, and QAD Exodus Swept
    29"DL/73# @ 300FPS....98KE....15%FOC (VAPs)

Slick Trick and Montec for me
    2014 PSE Momentum
    Muzzy/G5 Montec Heads
    Goldtip Arrows
    Trophy Taker Rest
    Black Gold Sight

It is any blade that is tune to you arrowand you setup is the best you can fine. Mine just happen to muzzy and my son it montec

You are going to get everyones personal favorites,who have not shot most of the broadheads out there (including myself), so take most of the replys here with a grain of salt. Most of the heads that are around that 1" cutting diameter seem to fly very well out of most bows. G5's, Slick Tricks, NAP, Sonic, Muzzy, Snuffers, etc all seem to be popular. I have shot the G5 Stikers, Sonic, and Slick Tricks with good results. I did not like Muzzy because I always seemed to be breaking blades.

I am personally going to be switching to the RamCat this year because they are the biggest cut (1 3/8") 100 gr fixed blade BH. Based on all the reviews I have read, they fly the same as field tips, are very tough, and out penetrate most, if not all, other heads on the market.

The best head is the one you have the most confidence in and most importantly, the one yoy can hit exactly where you are aiming at. Good luck.

Matt
    Elite E35---Easton Nemesis arrows, Ramcat's, HHA 5519, QAD HDX rest, Scott release

Quote Originally Posted by gindog1 View Post
    It is any blade that is tune to you arrowand you setup is the best you can fine. Mine just happen to muzzy and my son it montec
    True. I use magnus stingers two blades and my son uses any and all tri-blades he pulls off the shelf.

The Magnus Stinger 85grain or the Wasp 75 grain Boss Bullet

Do a search and you will find many many threads where the same question has been asked. You will notice that folks will claim the BH they use is the most accurate IE take your pick as most all are well made , if your bow is turned and your arrows match your bow they will shoot well for you. Randy

Magnus.

But seriously, its all about the tune.

Montecs

Slicks ......
    Liberalism is a mental disorder

Muzzys have always worked for me.

I am using VPA terminators and they fly great. They are machined out of a solid piece of steel as well, so they are also very tough.

I think you would have a tough time finding a fixed head that flies better than a Ramcat. Awesome looking heads with dual sharpened blades.

Quote Originally Posted by kydeerhunter10 View Post
    I am shooting 100gr. broadheads but I am looking for some new fixed blades but I just want to see which ones shoot the best and have the best results?
    there are a few factors to consider here so its not as cut and dry as it sounds here. how is your form? is your bow tuned to perfection? do your arrows spin true with a fixxed head? what kind of speed are you getting? the faster your bow the more critical tuning is. if your bow is tuned to perfection, your arrows spin true and and you are doing your part, then you should be able to shoot any fixxed head. i prefer the RazorTricks.
    "The Arrow is everything"
    "Never Give Up........Ever"
    "I Call, They Come, I Kill Them" Gregg Stevens
    "Not all Elk Encounters are Created Equal" Paul Medel aka ElkNut1
    "The Rockies are no place to find out you are not in shape" Trophyhill

G5 Montec 100 gr.

Get your bow properly tuned and then take your pick, they should all fly well.

It isn't the head near as much as the tune.

Slick Trick

I like Magnus Buzzcuts personally. Good trails, short recoveries.

On a side note to this: I have yet to run into a decent BH that was not accurate off a well tuned set up. I can take most BH's that match mine's weight and shoot them to the same POI. If they don't it is a bent blade (used rough), not square, or some other problem that has noting to do with the brand of BH. I like the ones I use because if I break them I can send them back for new ones. So far only one to send though and that was my fault.
    Anyone else sick of working to support those who don't?
    Anyone else sick of obeying laws made because idiots don't care about facts?
    Anyone else sick of people telling you to be polite about everything?
    I'm wondering how we got to this point.

striker, slick trick, shuttle t, wacem, innerlock all fly well imo i am going to try some rocky mtn blitz next heard good things aboutem

Muzzy MX3 they fly great ,hit hard .
    Wild Turkey Ridge & Twin Oaks ( Both gone but not forgotten )
    TRU Ball Staff
    All black Chill X : )
    All black Chill X

South Hadley, Massachusetts, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by i like meat View Post
    slicks ......
    x2....
    Shoot the buck first, then find out what he will really score.....

Slick tricks

Even out of a well tuned bow I have seen larger diameter broadheads not fly with my field points. This was after using the ASD, spin testing the arrow, tuning to perfection on your bow, etc...
    I have been able to get the 4 blade Muzzy, Slick Trick Standard, G5 Montecs, and Shuttle T's to fly really well. All were 100 grains and don't have an overly large cutting diameter. I think the bigger the broadhead can equal the bigger the headache at times.
    Shoot a few different ones and see what you like best. I'm sticking with the Muzzy 4 blades. Any of the above will do just fine though.
    "The good thing about being a pessimist is you're either always proven right, or pleasantly surprised.."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast