Thread: QAD or FUSE Ultra Rest????

QAD or FUSE Ultra Rest????

I'm a little confused in looking at the new drop down rests like the QAD HD.

I noticed in the 2011 Fuse catalog a rest VERY similar to the QAD but with the rounded bar at the top, called The Ultra Rest. But on QAD's website it just shows the old HD model.

I thought someone said from the ATA show the new model with the curved bar was made my QAD not FUSE???

I'm confused. Can anyone clarify this and are we talking about the exact same rest here??
    The CLAD-The ultimate load bearing system for your treestand and sticks

QAD is making the rest for Fuse. Same rest. QAD calls it the HDX. Should be available soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mplane72 View Post
    QAD is making the rest for Fuse. Same rest. QAD calls it the HDX. Should be available soon.
    What he said.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. Plato
    2013 Hoyt Spyder Turbo, 413 gr Gold Tip XT's, 307 fps, TT Smackdown, BG Ascent

Is the fuse available now? I have an HDX on order but if I can get the fuse I would?

Deliveries are VERY slow.
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store...not a government agency.

2013 Hoyt Spyder, Snow Camo w/7 pin Spot Hog Hunter/Hoyt ULTRA REST™/Fuse Sidekick stab w/Scott Rhino XT./ Orange Pro Comp Elite, Trophy Taker Rest, CBE sight, X 10 Stabilizers, Mako Pro Release

Just got a call the fuse will be here this friday. Now I don't have to wait until March for the QAD. Same rest different sticker!!!

Like others have said, its made by the same company.

ALTHOUGH the "Hoyt" QAD has a different mounting block so it flushes against the back of the riser better.

Does anyone know if the FUSE one is the same way? I would only assume being that Fuse is made by Hoyt?

Quote Originally Posted by bowhuntermitch View Post
    Like others have said, its made by the same company.

ALTHOUGH the "Hoyt" QAD has a different mounting block so it flushes against the back of the riser better.

Does anyone know if the FUSE one is the same way? I would only assume being that Fuse is made by Hoyt?
    This is a good question. I'd hate to buy the FUSE one since I don't own a Hoyt...

My local shop has had the fuse since November. Seen some on E-bay too>

If you have a new Hoyt with AP camo and the bronze accents, the Hoyt model uses the same bronze color on the rest. Very stylish...
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store...not a government agency.

2013 Hoyt Spyder, Snow Camo w/7 pin Spot Hog Hunter/Hoyt ULTRA REST™/Fuse Sidekick stab w/Scott Rhino XT./ Orange Pro Comp Elite, Trophy Taker Rest, CBE sight, X 10 Stabilizers, Mako Pro Release

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer 1 View Post
    Is the fuse available now? I have an HDX on order but if I can get the fuse I would?
    yes fuse is avaliable, I have one on my element
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just bought the Hoyt Fuse one from Scottie...got it in 2 Days...it fits my CRX Riser better than standard QAD Model...plus new Bronze color matches Hoyt 2011 lineup....Why they went back to that color I don't know? But it is growing on me!

I have an Elite Pulse and could care less if Fuse is owned by Hoyt. Isn't it just a sticker and and the rest is really a QAD HDX? Is QAD trying to get rid of there old inventory before marketing the HDX? Wondering why the rest has been available since Nov. under the Fuse name but not available under the QAD brand?

Fuse was higher priced in the store I was in. Buy QAD and pay less for QAD. Buy Fuse and pay more for QAD. Makes no sense. I bought the QAD for less.

It's the same rest.

Where can you buy either rest??

Quote Originally Posted by Regohio View Post
    I just bought the Hoyt Fuse one from Scottie...got it in 2 Days...it fits my CRX Riser better than standard QAD Model...plus new Bronze color matches Hoyt 2011 lineup....Why they went back to that color I don't know? But it is growing on me!
    Because they didn't...it's a very different bronze. The new bronze is MUCH darker. You can really see it when you hold the new cams against one of the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ohioshooter68 View Post
    Where can you buy either rest??
    Should be able to buy the Fuse one at a Hoyt dealer.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. Plato
    2013 Hoyt Spyder Turbo, 413 gr Gold Tip XT's, 307 fps, TT Smackdown, BG Ascent

Update 10/2012. The Fuse runs the same price as the HDX in my local shop. Just put one on my bow since I wanted a HDX and the fuse was in stock.
    2011 Elite Pure, FUSE (QAD) Ultra Rest, Sword Apex 3rd Plane, Vendetta Enforcer Stabilizer, TightSpot Quiver, GT Velocity XT 300, Exodus broadheads, Scott Shark Release, Straight-N-arrow wrist sling

QAD or FUSE Ultra Rest????

I just got a vector turbo in the mail (but I'm out of town) and wondering if my HDX will fit my VT just as well as the fuse? Sorry if I'm hijacking. Thanks.

Hoyt has their own version of the HDX made by QAD. It is labeled/branded Hoyt. I saw it today. According to other posts it fits the Hoyt bows better. The QAD and Fuse re identical except for decals. The Hoyt version has a different mounting
    2011 Elite Pure, FUSE (QAD) Ultra Rest, Sword Apex 3rd Plane, Vendetta Enforcer Stabilizer, TightSpot Quiver, GT Velocity XT 300, Exodus broadheads, Scott Shark Release, Straight-N-arrow wrist sling