Thread: review of 2011 APA Mamba M7

review of 2011 APA Mamba M7

Lots of people wanted me to give a review of my 2011 APA bow.

The bow arrived on Monday AM from DHL. Pulled it out of the box, and immediately LOVED the camo. I ordered the bow in Winter Mimicry camo, and had the cams dipped in Winter Mimicry too, so the bow looks really sharp!

I immediately noticed that the overall weight of the bow felt really light. APA shaved weight off, and managed to get the bow to 3.9 pounds. The bow balanced well, it wasnt "end heavy" either way. The bow feels great!!

The draw cycle was smooth, with no humps. Just smooth all the way to full draw. I love the draw curve of a true dual cam. It is more consistent than a binary or cam and 1/2 system. The wall is rock solid. There isnt much of a valley, but this was to be expected. I will say there is much more valley on this bow than other companies "speed bows" You still dont want to relax too much, or it will catch you off guard.

The grip is skinny, and the carrying handle is just awesome. People think this is a gimmick, but I can tell you it is one of THE BEST FEATURES ON ANY BOW MADE. Once you have used it, you feel weird grabbing the bow anywhere else to carry it in. The tool center will get used, probably when you need it most, and the cam loc pin makes working on the bow in the back country a non-issue. I dont take any of my equipment to "pro" shops because I dont feel too many of them should use the term "pro". I can work on this thing all day long, and you dont need to invest in a press!

The bow is very quick. We have a blizzard going on here right now, and our roads are drifting shut, so I could only shoot it in my garage at a distance of about 14 yards. The bow is quick, quiet, and smooth. Very little handshock makes it to your hand even without any accessories. A stabilizer, and it would be gone all together. I shoot heavy arrows that weight 575 grains, and this thing SMOKES them in there. The BC from APA had the bow doing 328fps at 29" with a loop/peep. I hope to hit 300 with my hunting weight arrows at 75#'s of draw.

Overall, I'm thrilled to see what APA has done for 2011. I like everything about this bow. It will be a fantastic hunting bow, a little too short for some, but a good overall length for most people under 30" draw. The riser is one of the best designs on the market. I would say the grip is most comparable with PSE's grip.

Overall, I love the bow. I wish it was nicer so I could get outside and see what this bow is capable of

Nice review. Need some photos bud.
    Many have asked. Does a scope and lens really help? Heck yes it does!! I miss a lot more accurately now.

I live in the Land of the Free, because of the BRAVE!!

In the past I was on the APA shooting staff, this year things just didn't work out to stay on staff, so I don't have a horse in this race. But I will tell you that APA is a very under rated bow company. Make super equipment, easy to tune, great cusomer service an I love the carry handle on the bows!

I like the looks of them. Always have. Can't wait for the AT crowd to chime in on the "Bow Turbo " on the cable slide.
    Many have asked. Does a scope and lens really help? Heck yes it does!! I miss a lot more accurately now.

The bow turbo is the reason for the lack of valley.

Bow Turbo?????

A roller guard yeah, but I dont see a bow turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Deerman1 View Post
    Bow Turbo?????

A roller guard yeah, but I dont see a bow turbo
    The roller guard on that particular bow.

http://www.bowturbow.com/

huh, sure does look like one!

I like it, flame away!!

LOL

Had my M7 for about 6 weeks now and really loving it, getting 337fps 30.5dl 67#'s shooting a 350 gr victory arrow.Like deerman says al the features work great on their bows love the fang riser and the carrying handle and it's nice to be able to work on your bow without a bow press.Nice choice deerman on your colors the mimicry looks great in person.Keep us posted once you get a chance to get outside and shoot more

I still want to know if someone has one set at 27inches and what speed they are getting?

I own a Viper and Black Mamba X2 and love the bows and agree they are way under rated. I cannot believe no one mentioned the hook. The most handy thing about the bow next to the handle. It is amazing how useful it is not only for hunting but just shooting in your yard. I hang my on a tree limb, soccer goal anything handy and it is great. Definitely a Swiss Army bow.

Bob

I just got mine last week... loving it!! 60# 29" = 333fps
    As others have said, an extremely underrated bow. Very high quality fit and finish, great speed, smooth draw, innovative and useful features, top notch customer service.

Tigersnake_5_1.JPGTigersnake 2_2_1.JPG

Man I always wanted to try shooting a APA bow but nobody carries them around me...sweet looking bow

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
    I just got mine last week... loving it!! 60# 29" = 333fps
    As others have said, an extremely underrated bow. Very high quality fit and finish, great speed, smooth draw, innovative and useful features, top notch customer service.

Tigersnake_5_1.JPGTigersnake 2_2_1.JPG

Very nice rig indeed!~

Quote Originally Posted by jacobh View Post
    Man I always wanted to try shooting a APA bow but nobody carries them around me...sweet looking bow
    APA has a no risk satisfaction guarantee.

APA offers a full money back guarantee to customers that don't have a dealer close by. You have 3 days from the time you receive the bow to decide if it's the bow for you. If not, ship it back within those 3 days and you'll receive a full refund. Right Deerman?

I'll tell you right now though... you won't be sending it back!

I own the King Cobra, Viper and the Black Mamba MX1...they are all incredible!!

Great Review.

any dealers in south central pa???

Quote Originally Posted by bambieslayer View Post
    any dealers in south central pa???
    There are two dealers in PA...

Yoder's Long Fellow
    Video Shoot
    1820 SR 103 N
    Lewistown, 17044
    Ph: 1-717-899-6465

SH Archery
    218 Medical Center Rd.
    Chicora 16025
    Ph: 1-724-445-2820

I want to know who sells one that tunes/times them. I am interested in m7 but I don't have a dealer with in 3 hours of me. I also don't have a archery shop that is in an hour of me to set the bow up.

Quote Originally Posted by roblytle13 View Post
    I want to know who sells one that tunes/times them. I am interested in m7 but I don't have a dealer with in 3 hours of me. I also don't have a archery shop that is in an hour of me to set the bow up.
    The APAs are very easy to set up, I've helped people do it over the phone. Twin cam tuning has been around a long time and nothing's really changed except that string materials and construction methods are much better than they used to be. More stable strings means easier to tune bows that stay in tune with minimal effort.
    The APAs come with the cam lock system that eliminates the need for a conventional bow press. Tuning and even string replacement can be done in seconds.