Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shot the new Diamond Dead Eye?

Shot the new Diamond Dead Eye?

Has anyone shot the new Dead Eye yet? I finally found a dealer that won't carry Diamond but will order me one! I'm 99.5 percent sure that I will likey but I'm looking for some feedback.

Thanks

waiting on my shop to get one in

I wonder what the hold up is?

I shot all the new Diamonds. The Dead Eye is the worst IMHO. It's short BH and deflexed riser cause so much hand torque it's not even funny. However, the Outlaw (my personal fav.) and Fugitive shot incredibly nice. I would give them a try first.....
    Doinker, TRU-Ball, Axcel, AAE, GoldTip, HOYT, BCY, VaneTec, G5
    Other things I like: Specialized, Ford, DPMS, McMillan, Badger Ordinance, Magpul, Streamlight, AAC, Ruger, Marlin, Remington, Leupold, Aimpoint, Kimber, H&K, Benchmade, Kershaw, Gerber...

Interesting!

TTT. This guy needs more opinions!
    Other things I like: Specialized, Ford, DPMS, McMillan, Badger Ordinance, Magpul, Streamlight, AAC, Ruger, Marlin, Remington, Leupold, Aimpoint, Kimber, H&K, Benchmade, Kershaw, Gerber...

I was expecting good things from this bow, hopefully it doesnt suck as much as stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzz View Post
    I was expecting good things from this bow, hopefully it doesnt suck as much as stated above.
    It doesn't really suck. It just has lots of hand torque. It shoots great, and draws smooth, but torqus alot. I don't personally like that, but that's just MHO. Be great to see what others think.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier bowman View Post
    It doesn't really suck. It just has lots of hand torque. It shoots great, and draws smooth, but torqus alot. I don't personally like that, but that's just MHO. Be great to see what others think.....
    I agree with this assessment. It draws alright and has a nice back wall but the short brace height and extremely reflexed riser geometry were a big turn off for me. It wasn't the quietest bow I've heard this year either.

Hoosier bowman, did you shoot these bows at ATA show ? I have not found any dealers with any in stock. I had already decided that the outlaw would be the one for me depending on the draw cycle because I will not own a bow with less than 7" brace height . How was the draw cycle compared to the diamond stud? I have $300 bass pro gift card and can't decide between the G5 Primal ( 2010 models being marked down and really like the draw and back wall on them) or waiting for them to get the outlaw in stock. Really getting spring fever bad and want to get one to start 3'ding with soon. Will the outlaw be worth the wait?

My dealer called diamond and they said they should start shipping in 2 weeks!!This is the first ive heard about anyone shooting one!
    JOHN 6:53-66 GOD Family Bowhunting
    BLACK OPS DEADEYE
    BLACK OPS D350

I shot them as well and agree with everything said about the dead eye,outlaw is the best out of the bunch followed by the Fugitive,but for the same money i'd get the bowtech assassin over the fugitive,if you was thinking about spending the money on a dead eye look at the pse evo and the darton 3800 and 2800 some of the best on the market imo.
    ARCHERSPARADISE.CA
    dealer for Bowtech,PSE,darton,bear,parker ,MATHEWS,NBA,Elite
    excalibur,tenpoint,horton,bowt ech
    spot hogg,black gold, CBE

My Diamond distributor told me Early March on the Diamonds. The DeadEye looks like a nice bow. I guess we will know shortly.
    SH Archery & Custom Bow Tuning
    Dealer for Bowtech, PSE, Elite, and Bear
    Carbon Express & Black Eagle Arrows, QAD, Vortex Optics and more....
    Call Anytime 724-487-4974

I shot the Outlaw today at Scheels in Lincoln. They didn't have any other 2011 Diamond bows there. I liked the Outlaw. I shot it against the CRX. Both bows had pros and cons. Cons: Grip was too blocky and cheap looking, draw cycle was stiffer than the CRX, but not bad, had decent hand shock after the shot, package bow. Pros: Awesome solid backwall, great valley, held steady. For the money I thought it was a great bow. I'm going to try to shoot the Outlaw, CRX, and Assassin together in the next few weeks.

To me it looks like a solo-cam version of the Destroyer....

Quote Originally Posted by ellisont7 View Post
    Hoosier bowman, did you shoot these bows at ATA show ? I have not found any dealers with any in stock. I had already decided that the outlaw would be the one for me depending on the draw cycle because I will not own a bow with less than 7" brace height . How was the draw cycle compared to the diamond stud? I have $300 bass pro gift card and can't decide between the G5 Primal ( 2010 models being marked down and really like the draw and back wall on them) or waiting for them to get the outlaw in stock. Really getting spring fever bad and want to get one to start 3'ding with soon. Will the outlaw be worth the wait?
    I shot the G5 Primal at bass pro the other day just to try it out and it is a nice bow for sure. I dont think I liked it as much as my black ice, but it was still very nice. I am interested in shooting the Dead Eye as well, but honestly, I would imagine (read guessing) that there has to be some compromises on the bow (torque, grip, noise, shock, etc). Speed is not free IMO and concessions had to be made at this price point imo, but I look forward to trying it out for myself

For those that are bashing the Dead Eye. It is nothing but a single cam destroyer. If you shot them both with your eyes closed, other than the draw cycle you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. As far as torque goes, it has no more hand torque than the destroyer does. Feels pretty much the same, maybe even a little quieter.
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30/ Easton FMJ's/ Grave Digger D6 Broadheads
    Hoyt Spyder 30/ Easton Carbon Hexx 17% FOC/ Grave Digger Broadheads

I shot the Outlaw the other day and was VERY impressed with it. Extremely solid backwall, draw was very nice with just a slight hump but nothing to complain about. Speeds were very good as well. A little vibe after the shot but with some Limbsavers and a better stabilizer, that thing would be dead. The only drawback is that it will only be available with the kit which comes with the Hostage (Crap!). But for the price it would be worth it to switch it out for a QAD or something. I am excited to shoot the Fugitive and the DeadEye.. Hopefully its better than these reviews...

shoot the bowtech assassin, fast and solid back wall, and set up for only $599. I almost got it over the z7 extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by RackSmacker View Post
    shoot the bowtech assassin, fast and solid back wall, and set up for only $599. I almost got it over the z7 extreme.
    I did, convinced my buddy to buy one as a matter of fact. I'm impressed with it as well. However, the Dead Eye is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ellisont7 View Post
    Sorry I'm late. Yes, I did shoot them at the ATA show. We are supposed to get some Outlaws in very soon, but dunno when we will get the others. The Outlaw is deffinately the best of the bunch. And I agree about the 7" BH rule. The Outlaw draws MUCH smoother than the Sutd and is comparable to the Black Ice (verrrrryyyy smooth) IMHO. It's also plenty fast......330 is plenty fast! I also like the Primal you are talking about getting. The only thing that turns me down is the grip. I also don't like the grip on the Outlaw, but I would just change it to a panel grip anyway. My advice is the same as anyone's..... Shoot them together before you make the final decision. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jdrhoads View Post
    For those that are bashing the Dead Eye. It is nothing but a single cam destroyer. If you shot them both with your eyes closed, other than the draw cycle you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. As far as torque goes, it has no more hand torque than the destroyer does. Feels pretty much the same, maybe even a little quieter.
    BS! I DID shoot the Dead Eye, D350, D340, Invasion, and the Outlaw all right next to each other and did shoot all at least once with my eyes closed. The Dead Eye is NOTHING like the Destroyer. It just SUCKS. Torque, torque, torque........ The Destroyers had almost no torque compared to the Dead Eye.

Quote Originally Posted by rbrown2007 View Post
    To me it looks like a solo-cam version of the Destroyer....
    That's exactly what I thought..........untill I shot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier bowman View Post
    I shot all the new Diamonds. The Dead Eye is the worst IMHO. It's short BH and deflexed riser cause so much hand torque it's not even funny. However, the Outlaw (my personal fav.) and Fugitive shot incredibly nice. I would give them a try first.....
    thats weird cuz i have talked to 4 people who went to the ata show and said there is no hand shock at all and it was the smoothest draw and release out of the 3
    Last edited by black ice flx; February 13th, 2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: typeo

ive learned one thing about bow reveiws on archerytalk. Take them as opinion because some people like to pick things apart and find the bad in anything. Also bows dont feel the same from one guy to the next. if that were the case there would be no reason to make different ones. I shot the Z7 thought it was ok not this super bow everyone was talking about but does that mean it sucks no its agreat bow. im looking forward to the diamond dead eye, ive sold lots of 2010 diamonds and if the new line is anything like them they will be great. Please dont stop giving out reveiws or opinions just dont make it sound like your bashing to just bash it. Thanks all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast