Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muslim Koran being taught in my sons school

Muslim Koran being taught in my sons school

And they are not allowed to prey to there own christian god.I have almost lost all respect for my local teachers who have taken up this as a class teaching of the Koran and our schools and Gov have done so much to take Christianity out of the schools if fear of offending someone elses beliefs.What is your thoughts on this.???

----08.5 ELITE GT500 ----- ASAT- NATION
    TUFFSAK bag targets
    MAGNUS BUZZCUTS /GRIZZ TRICK II /RAGE HYPO

North Carolina isn't exactly in the middle of the Koran Belt. Take the precedent, reverse it and beat the snot out of them with numbers.
    A man may fish with the worm that hath eat of a king, and eat of the fish that hath fed of that worm.

Quote Originally Posted by meatmissile View Post
    And they are not allowed to prey to there own christian god.I have almost lost all respect for my local teachers who have taken up this as a class teaching of the Koran and our schools and Gov have done so much to take Christianity out of the schools if fear of offending someone elses beliefs.What is your thoughts on this.???
    I'd be screaming and threatening jihad, that happened at my Grandsons school.....

Just because they mention it, doesnt mean they teach it. Im sure they mention the bible too, get over it.

I wouldn't think you'd want your kids to prey on their own god...

Anyway, your kids can all pray to their god at school--contrary to what you say, there is no law against them praying to god. What is prohibited is **school** led (aka government lead) prayer.

So, what are they teaching about the Koran? And why do you find it so threatening?

To be clear, I don't think that public schools should be indoctrinating any kids in any religion. Schools should be neutral on religion. But I don't have a problem with them teaching comparative religion in as objective a way as possible, which includes teaching kids about world religions like Islam. The problem is that teaching objectively about religion will tick lots of people off since almost all religions have history and tenets that look bad when examined objectively.
    <evidence><
    ..../............\.......
    Hoyt GM OR - Adcock ACS LB - Bickerstaffe ELB - USA Archery Level 2

"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers.” HL Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by BaxMaine View Post
    Just because they mention it, doesnt mean they teach it. Im sure they mention the bible too, get over it.
    Well for this i have to say It is being taught in a class room so you get over it.IT IS BEING TAUGHT AND STUDIED!!!! I dont care if they teach it but dont take away the bible if this is alowed See BaxMaine you shot off your mouth with out knowing and it made you look as dumb as may be.My son is getting taught the Koran in class.It is in his homework.So you get over it.!!!!!!!!!!
    TUFFSAK bag targets

Well for this i have to say It is being taught in a class room so you get over it.IT IS BEING TAUGHT AND STUDIED!!!! I dont care if they teach it but dont take away the bible if this is alowed See BaxMaine you shot off your mouth with out knowing and it made you look as dumb as may be.My son is getting taught the Koran in class.It is in his homework.So you get over it.!!!!!!!!!!
    No he isnt. Its illegal, someone would have done something. Unless you want him to learn it...
    Like I said, just because its mentioned it doesnt mean he is learning it.

What was the question in his HW about it? scan it and post the pic

Quote Originally Posted by Warbow View Post
    I wouldn't think you'd want your kids to prey on their own god...

Anyway, your kids can all pray to their god at school--contrary to what you say, there is no law against them praying to god. What is prohibited is **school** led (aka government lead) prayer.

So, what are they teaching about the Koran? And why do you find it so threatening?

To be clear, I don't think that public schools should be indoctrinating any kids in any religion. Schools should be neutral on religion. But I don't have a problem with them teaching comparative religion in as objective a way as possible, which includes teaching kids about world religions like Islam. The problem is that teaching objectively about religion will tick lots of people off since almost all religions have history and tenets that look bad when examined objectively.
    And so be it a neutral issue at the schools, thats what we as CHristians have had to except because it is illegal for the Bible to be read,or taught in public schools. I dont care what people believe in but tell my child he has to learn about a religon he doesnt follow then not allow him to be taught about his religon he pursues!!
    TUFFSAK bag targets

Well it'd be the thing to find out now wouldn't it? What are they saying about the Koran and are they giving an equal time to the Bible. Don't underestimate the subversive nature of our progressive agendas.

It doesnt mater if they give equal time or not. I "learned" the koran is school too. I learned it was the muslim version of the bible... thats about it.
    The fact that both of you think that public schools now have a secret agenda to teach/preach the koran in public schools is a little crazy.

As much as I disagree with most of your PRMT posts (and I disagree with the tone of your OP) I do think that if a public school studies Islam as part of its curriculum then it must also study a broad variety of religions, including Christianity, in equal measure with equal treatment. But, it is hard to comment about the specifics of your schools circumstances since you aren't much of an objective observer, and all the details we have come from your hyperbolic and biased reporting of the situation--I'm not saying you are making stuff up, just that your idea of the situation may colored by your own strong, pre-existing opinions.
    <evidence><
    ..../............\.......
    Hoyt GM OR - Adcock ACS LB - Bickerstaffe ELB - USA Archery Level 2

"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers.” HL Mencken

Do a good old fashioned book burning. If they don't like the fire,urinate on them to put it out. Then when the Muslims get all stupid over it, we can all watch Obama cower in fear...or join in with his brotherhood.

inschool we learned about greek gods and had to answer home work questions. we had questions that had the word islam or koran. in history class and PIG. yet i never started studying them and become a muslim or praised zues. if you have a issue take it up with the school board. could you give a example of the home work question though? im curious to see what exactly their teaching. if the teachers pushing her religion on them and not sharing other religions as well then thats kinda messed up.
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

No he isnt. Its illegal, someone would have done something. Unless you want him to learn it...
    Like I said, just because its mentioned it doesnt mean he is learning it.

What was the question in his HW about it? scan it and post the pic
    Well I dont have a scanner and you can deny what im saying all you want to but I know what is being taught to my own children.It is being taught in the Social Studies class for 7/8th graders. I will have to gather up his home work and post some of the questions as soon as I can. I do know there has been a big uprise in the Christian Community and there is a slated meeting at our AgraCivic center to discuss why this is being allowed.
    TUFFSAK bag targets

x2
    I agree
    Elite Pulse
    Backup G5-Quest Smoke

is being taught in the Social Studies class for 7/8th graders.
    Thats all I needed to hear.
    Thankfully your school is trying to make your children open-minded. learning about other religions and cultures around the world is common, and should be done. Besides, how would your son learn to hate muslims like you without knowing about them?

On another note, maybe this is why american kids are becoming so dumb, which is making our country the way it is... Some people are so conservative, they do not want their kids to learn about anything other than what they parents think they need to know.

awesome, where is this? is the explosives chapter done with live stuff? did they ask him for a spare shoe & made him think how much C4 he could put there?
    how about a blest placement on an airline test?

you need to keep us updated on this one

now that the nasty stuff is over, what exactly are they teaching?
    is he praying towarsd the mecca at all?
    what?
    Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

Thats all I needed to hear.
    Thankfully your school is trying to make your children open-minded. learning about other religions and cultures around the world is common, and should be done. Besides, how would your son learn to hate muslims like you without knowing about them?
    See there you go showing your inability to read.I never mentioned one word about me hateing Muslims.I served my country to help a heck of a bunch of Muslims that were being raped and chopped up back in 1991 in Desert Storm. I made no judgemental statement about Muslims,I simply asked opinons of teaching of the Koran when teaching of the Bible is not allowed.Your stupidity is showing with every post you make my friend.
    TUFFSAK bag targets

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    awesome, where is this? is the explosives chapter done with live stuff? did they ask him for a spare shoe & made him think how much C4 he could put there?
    how about a blest placement on an airline test?

you need to keep us updated on this one :a

now that the nasty stuff is over, what exactly are they teaching?
    is he praying towarsd the mecca at all?
    what?
    No I think they have only covered simple pipebombs useing chweing gum wrappers and shoe laces for fuses.
    TUFFSAK bag targets

You asked for opinions, because you were pissed. You can try to take that road, but the fact that you said your child cant pray to a christian god tells me that if he were learning about the bible, you wouldnt care at all. But you do care about him learning about the Koran. Maybe hate is too strong of a word for me to have used, but you certainly do not what your kid to learn about it.

Quote Originally Posted by rattus58 View Post
    Well it'd be the thing to find out now wouldn't it? What are they saying about the Koran and are they giving an equal time to the Bible. Don't underestimate the subversive nature of our progressive agendas.
    Guys baxmaine is a Christianphobe and is just looking to get people all worked up Just pay him no mind.
    I've heard it said that Christianity is a crutch. To me, it's a walking stick to use on the path of life.<><

Quote Originally Posted by sticshooter View Post
    Guys baxmaine is a Christianphobe and is just looking to get people all worked up Just pay him no mind.
    Oh, sorry. You must be one of those parents that only wants his kids to learn what he knows... Poor kids.
    Dont be upset that I provided realistic answers that you dont like.

You asked for opinions, because you were pissed. You can try to take that road, but the fact that you said your child cant pray to a christian god tells me that if he were learned about the bible, you wouldnt care at all. But you do care about him learned about the Koran. Maybe hate is too strong of a word for me to have used, but you certainly do not what your kid to learn about it.
    Please read my post again, I am not worried about what he believes,because he is a fine young christian fellow and he carries self as such.If he has to learn the Koran to satisfy the school criteria then so be it.But why should that be allowed if teaching the Bible is not.No where did you see me post about having hate towrads any religion.Im saying this because of the double standard in religious teachings.You can call me what ever you want MaxBaine,Im just wanting it to be equal. No he shouldnt have to learn about it when he cant learn about the Bible in school which is where his beliefs are.
    TUFFSAK bag targets

How do you know he isnt learning it? Its a social studies class! Social studies is usually the study of places other than america! get it... SOCIAL studies? Like i said... be thankful the school is teaching your kids about the world, and not only whats going on in north carolina.

How do you know he isnt learning it? Its a social studies class! Social studies is usually the study of places other than america! get it... SOCIAL studies? Like i said... be thankful the school is teaching your kids about the world, and not only whats going on in north carolina.
    Wow so now your saying that because my son is leraning about the Koran he will be a much better North Carolinian!! LOL You musta got dropped on your head as a child or really abused or beat up alot. There is plenty to learn in Social Studies with out being taught a double standard by the schools.
    TUFFSAK bag targets

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast