Thread: DIY Activator Chemical Formula for Film Dipping

DIY Activator Chemical Formula for Film Dipping

Anyone heard of this or have the formula? I found it for sale on e-bay for $25 but I wasn't sure if it was really the same stuff or not. I've been thinking about getting into film dipping since I saw it posted up on here last year. If this really is the formula and I can cut some costs I might just get into it. Thanks guys!! -Chris

Here's the link to the e-bay sale if anyone is interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/Water-Transfer-P...item5d2972a517
    "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus"
    Target Rig: Diamond Liberty; BCY 452X; Sword Titan; Posten Stabilization; Victory X-Ringer HV 350; Victory X-Killers; Carter Ember 1; Carter Only
    Hunting: Bowtech Admiral FLX; TruGlo MicroSite; Scott Shark; Gold Tip Exp. Hunter 5575

Anyone?
    "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus"
    Target Rig: Diamond Liberty; BCY 452X; Sword Titan; Posten Stabilization; Victory X-Ringer HV 350; Victory X-Killers; Carter Ember 1; Carter Only
    Hunting: Bowtech Admiral FLX; TruGlo MicroSite; Scott Shark; Gold Tip Exp. Hunter 5575

Contact a filming company and ask for the Activators MSDS sheet. This will list the chemicals in it, along with all the warnings and health related info.

Only thing I can think of..
    May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Thanks KryptKeeper, but that won't tell me the amounts of each chemical or how to mix them or in what order to mix them. I also need to know if buying the individual chemicals will even be any cheaper than buying the Activator or if it will work as well. Has anyone tried this or have anything to add? -Chris

If you're only thinking about getting into this, just go buy a kit for $100 - besides, if $25 for how to make it is too much for you to spend - maybe water transfer isn't for you. It's not the most inexpensive hobby out there.

the kit is all well and good, but when you run out of supplies, your not going to keep ordering the kit. I tried to email Liquid Concepts about using regular paint, and they gave me the run around saying you can only use "there paint", saying that its different. For $25, buy the activator and try it.
    El Boone:
    Personally, Id quickly make a surprised face, yell "look out behind you, a hunter", and while he was looking, switch arrows and shoot him.

Quote Originally Posted by TorqueFlip View Post
    If you're only thinking about getting into this, just go buy a kit for $100 - besides, if $25 for how to make it is too much for you to spend - maybe water transfer isn't for you. It's not the most inexpensive hobby out there.
    I'm not afraid to spend the money, I was just wondering if anyone had tried to make their own activator and if it worked for them. I'm guessing that no one has so I'm getting close to just spending the $25 for the formula and trying it myself. -Chris

You can order from liquid concepts a gallon of activator for 60.00. That's the cheapest out there! I personally have not tried it, but I used the activator from Hydrographics by design in Texas and have had no problems 100.00 shipped.
    High Country Archery, Spot-Hogg, NAP, PSE, Gold Tip Arrows, Bohning Archery, Bitzenburger, Fletch-tite Platinum, SVL

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_xylene_...nsfer_printing

Found this, looks like quite a bit of stuff to mix. I was curious also because I think shipping it here would be pricey because of hazmat, or you could slow boat it and it would take about a month, was hoping it would be something I could get locally.

I recently saw some Utube clips on this. If you haven't already try a search and watch the videos there much good info.

I have it. It breaks it down into percentages of each ingredient. I have not tried it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pse dad View Post
    I have it. It breaks it down into percentages of each ingredient. I have not tried it yet.
    Great!! Let us know when you do. -Chris