a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Hoyt Deviator Specs

Hoyt Deviator Specs

Had friend bring me an old Deviator tonight to put back together. String and cable specs were still on the limb sticker (58.5"/36.5"). I'm looking for ATA and brace. The online tune charts only go back to 97, and this bow has shorter string/cable specs.

The bow shot the lights out! 270 fps at (unmeasured) 29" draw, 66 lbs 474 grn arrow! It was heavy, but a good shooter.
    Dream Season UF/Rytera Alien X/ Hoyt Ultratec VersaCam/CommandCam+
    Jeep
    Gary Fisher
    Buck Knives
    "Burn the village to the ground. Doo da, Doo da".

Contact Mike Marlow of Ultimate Archery in Ebro, Florida. He has specs going way back on Hoyt bows. Phone @ (850) 541-2371. Good luck, it is a very quick bow and can be really accurate.

Had one for a bit. Not sure the ata,( guessing 40") but think brace was 5.5". Fast bow and very heavy.
    Mathews Creed
    60/30

I think this bow is a 96 or older? This was a bow owned by a kid's father who passed away in 96. It has Master cams with an M3 markings and a # 7 mod. Never mind, I just checked the 97 tune chart again and the specs are right. I just need to twist the string down and blueprint it now. ATA is 40 3/4" and brace is 5.5". It is a shooter for sure.
    Jeep
    Gary Fisher
    Buck Knives

Have fun with it...

Funny that it is a shooter now, no one would keep them back when it was new.

8. Quote Originally Posted by IDABOW View Post
    I think this bow is a 96 or older? This was a bow owned by a kid's father who passed away in 96. It has Master cams with an M3 markings and a # 7 mod. Never mind, I just checked the 97 tune chart again and the specs are right. I just need to twist the string down and blueprint it now. ATA is 40 3/4" and brace is 5.5". It is a shooter for sure.
    Deviator came out in 96 as far as I know! I had one too! that was one fast bow in it's day! heavy and long and not the most forgivable thing on the planet but...............
    Tony Virnoche
    www.thearcheryprogram.com
    TAP PRO, TAPes and TAP for Windows Mobile Devices

I have A Deviator riser, and I'm looking for limbs..............
    2005 C.P ONEIDA BLACK EAGLE-TRU GLO 6 PIN SIGHT-LIMB SAVER STAB.-3-D ROVER TM.HUNTER REST-60 LBS.-31 IN. DL.-301/2 IN. 2413.XX78 ARROW..MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.WISHED I HAD SOME.

I have all the hoyt brochures. The deviator was not made until 97. IF u have Carbonite limbs 29" ATA-40 BH-5 1/2 STR-58.5 Cables-36.5

Yeah it has the Carbonite limbs. It has the optional (I think) overdraw with a prong launcher. Will probably swap it (the rest, maybe the whole overdraw) for a whisker biscuit. It did stack arrows on top of each other though. Not bad for 2" too long and being a lefty shooter shooting a right handed bow left handed. It has the whole matching accessory package with it.
    Jeep
    Gary Fisher
    Buck Knives

Quote Originally Posted by bowmanxx View Post
    I have all the hoyt brochures. The deviator was not made until 97. IF u have Carbonite limbs 29" ATA-40 BH-5 1/2 STR-58.5 Cables-36.5
    This is correct. Prior to the deviator, it was called the smoke. The deviator was an upgraded smoke that didn't have the center shot issues that the smoke had. I still have a 97 deviator. I had several of them. They were good shooting bows. I could drive tacks with mine. I had a 97 with the master cams and a 98 with the redline single cam and a 98 with the performa cam. I won a bunch of local 3d shoots with them. I have the brochure as well.

After shooting that Deviator my 02 Ultratec with Command Cam + felt like a kids bow! What exactly was the problems with the Carbonite limbs? I know they were the reason Hoyt developed the XT series limbs. Anything else we should look out for? The bow means a lot to this kid, and it will be his first bow.
    Jeep
    Gary Fisher
    Buck Knives

Quote Originally Posted by IDABOW View Post
    After shooting that Deviator my 02 Ultratec with Command Cam + felt like a kids bow! What exactly was the problems with the Carbonite limbs? I know they were the reason Hoyt developed the XT series limbs. Anything else we should look out for? The bow means a lot to this kid, and it will be his first bow.
    The carbonite limbs were good limbs. With the single cams and the cam 1/2 that hoyt started using, they needed a stiffer limb to be able to use a split limb. So they made the xt limb which is wider and easier to make stiffer. With some of the earlier single cam bows hoyt produced, they had to use a solid limb to get the deflextion.

Yes, The carbonite limbs are excellent. had them on 2 bows for 15+ years and never a problem or speed loss. Still going strong.