Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSE 40th year Expansion

PSE 40th year Expansion

For Immediate Release

(Tucson, AZ) - Precision Shooting Equipment, Inc. is celebrating its 40th year of manufacturing high quality archery equipment. It is looking to the future by embarking on a $2.5 million expansion of its corporate facility. PSE is adding 5 new precision CNC milling machines to their 175,000 sq. ft. facility.
    “In order to engineer and manufacture the most advanced products on the market, we have to continue to expand and invest in the latest manufacturing equipment,” said Pete Shepley, Founder and President of PSE. “This philosophy has proven to be effective over the last 40 years, and it’s the philosophy that will lead us into the future.”
    The first phase of the expansion includes the installation of three new precision CNC milling machines that will specialize in producing cams and wheels. The machines are being installed the first week of February, 2011, and should be operational by the middle of February.

The second phase will include the installation of the fourth and largest precision CNC milling machine that will specialize in producing bow risers. This machine will be installed in early March and is expected to be operational by the end of March.“It’s nice to see that even after 40 years in business, PSE is still growing and expanding,” said Jon Shepley, VP of Sales and Marketing. “We are currently in a record back order situation. While we are excited that our products are in such demand, we pride ourselves on being able to deliver them in a timely manner. I believe this expansion proves how committed we are to resolving the situation.”
    Precision Shooting Equipment, Inc., founded in 1971 by Pete Shepley, has been a leading manufacturer and innovator in the archery industry for over 40 years. In addition to PSE products, the company’s portfolio includes Carbon Force arrows, Vibracheck and the King Sport Line. PSE’s corporate offices are located in Tucson, Arizona. To learn more about PSE or PSE’s extensive line of products visit

www.pse-archery.com.

For more information, contact PSE Archery at (520) 884-9065 or visit www.pse-archery.com.
    Precision Shooting Equipment, Inc., 2727 N. Fairview Ave., Tucson, AZ, 85705 - www.pse-archery.com

Great company, great accessible customer service....any time you call arizona with a question you will be taken care of.
    Have a nice day.

Best archery company IMO.
    Black DNA
    I'm YOUR dealer for STRICT 9 bowstrings!
    PM me for intstant string info
    PSE field staff

Thats awesome. You have to love when an American company is still running strong, even though the past few years have been tough. Great job PSE.

Quote Originally Posted by bowhuntermitch View Post
    Thats awesome. You have to love when an American company is still running strong, even though the past few years have been tough. Great job PSE.
    And putting more people to work. Gotta love it. Mel

WTG Pse, it is always nice to see a home based company thrive and prosper.
    Andy

Great job PSE, some of the best bows made.....
    Sling what ya bring........

Fantastic job PSE! Keep it growing with the high quality products that you manufacture!

Good luck with the expansion, hope pse can get those backorders out quick to keep their customers happy
    Ohh thee Insanity, PSE ?
    Doing it X-ecution Style
    PSE Militia
    swatting swarms in the swamp

Great job Pete ! Keep up the good work. The best bows in the world have PSE on them.
    2013 Supra Max
    2012 Evo
    2014 Faktor Turbo

Good for them! It's neat to know that with industry shares being gobbled up by the "Big 3", Mathews, Hoyt and BowTech, that old companies like PSE can still hold their heads above the water!
    An "archer" tries to see how far away he can get from his target and still connect. A "BOWHUNTER" tries to see how CLOSE he can get to his.

Congratulations to all the folks at PSE. I am a huge fan and wish them great success. They are in a wonderful state to make it happen. My wife and I honeymooned in Tucson and can't wait to get back there. This time my bow goes with me and I will visit the facility. The news of the expansion sheds light on why I haven't been able to get ahold of Blake Shelby. I have a great marketing idea that would work for their anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Good for them! It's neat to know that with industry shares being gobbled up by the "Big 3", Mathews, Hoyt and BowTech, that old companies like PSE can still hold their heads above the water!
    The Big 3? I would have thought PSE would be in the Big 3 over Bowtech. Could be wrong I guess. Wouldn't be the first time.

Congratulations to Pete Shepley and PSE. I'm very glad and honored to be part of the team. If Pete had an 'i' in his last name or I had an 'e', we might even be related.

Keep putting out those great products.
    Darrell 'Shipley'
    2013 PSE PHENOM ME; 2011 PSE DOMINATOR PRO TH; 2011 PSE SUPRA HP;
    T.R.U. BALL RELEASES; BERNIE'S LITE HAWK STABILZERS; 60X CUSTOM STRINGS

Don't jump to conclusions just because you're dealing with cold hard facts! - My Dad; circa 1969

Thats good news, wonder if thats why mine will take another 2 weeks..

Untill I ordered the Evo, I would have never described myself as not patient (sp?)

It is great they are expanding. Wonder if they need help with going to lean manufacturing? lol

My first bow was a PSE (mach 1?). Loved that bow, glad the company is doing so well in a bad economy.

Well Bowtech has an advantage. Not only are they making the most 'accurate' bow ever built (supposedly, this hasn't been confirmed), but it's so tiny there's no need for expansion no matter how many they sell. It's bound to make other things look bigger in your hand after holding it a while.

I called to check the status of my Dominator Pro today. I'm 8th on the list, but the latest status was that they probably won't start getting them out until the end of February. But I can wait. I've got a great shooting Moneymaker I'm currently shooting indoors. If I don't get the Dominator in time for indoor, it will just make it's debut for the outdoor season, and I'll finish up indoors with the MM. Both are great bows.
    2013 PSE PHENOM ME; 2011 PSE DOMINATOR PRO TH; 2011 PSE SUPRA HP;
    T.R.U. BALL RELEASES; BERNIE'S LITE HAWK STABILZERS; 60X CUSTOM STRINGS

Don't jump to conclusions just because you're dealing with cold hard facts! - My Dad; circa 1969

hoyt mathews and of course slow-tech are 2,3,4 only after of course again pse congrats and good job keep up the good work iv been shooting pse for 30 of the 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Just gotta love a good sense humor. Mel

After reading the article It doesn't matter if you love hate or never heard of PSE. The only thing that matters is they are growing and keeping jobs in our great country
    2013 PSE Omen Max Crackerized

Monster Raxx Shooting Staff ** Hips Targets Pro Staff **U-Slide Shooting Staff
    **DLC Camera Pro Staff ** Bow Rattler Shooting Staff

You would think with all the expansion they would have a little production! Still waiting on my Omen, ordered it the first week of January!
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    Montana Black Gold, Tight Spott Quiver
    Easton N-fused 340
    Rip Cord

Quote Originally Posted by taylorinman View Post
    You would think with all the expansion they would have a little production! Still waiting on my Omen, ordered it the first week of January!
    actually expansion slows things down until all kinks are worked out...but congrats to pse..very well deserved
    JOHN'S CUSTOM ARCHERY LLC(Custom strings and tuning)
    PSE,Athens,New Breed ,Obsession,Elite,Xpedition dealer
    2014 Bows Arriving Daily
    whalens hooker dealer,tight spot quivers.
    PSE PRO STAFF

I just got my EVO 2 days ago, all I have to say is WOW what a bow. I think that other company has been caught and passed up.
    RED ARROW ARCHERY SUPPLIES,LLC, OBSESSION BOWS PRO STAFF, SWORD & TREELIMB PRO STAFF
    AUTHORIZED DEALER FOR: OBSESSION BOWS, BLACK GOLD, SWORD, SPOT HOGG, CARTER, TRUFIRE, SCOTT, CBE, EASTON, BLACK EAGLE, TROPHYTAKER, VAPORTRAIL, RIPCORD, QAD, STOKERIZED, DCAP, RINEHART, TREELIMB, TIGHTSPOT, ASAT CAMO, GRIM REAPER, SCENT LOK, ETC, HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

5 new CNC machines means 5 additional jobs right off the bat, let along all the supporting people that go along with the ability to make more products.

Great to see an American company doing well, let the aluminum chips fly
    SH Archery - PM Scottie/PA here on Archerytalk
    Bowtech Archery Dealer-----Stryker Xbow Dealer
    PSE HURRY AND ORDER YOUR 2014's Pro Series/Mainline Dealer
    60X Custom Strings, Vortex Optics, QAD, NAP and more---Call anytime 724-487-4974
    Supra Max, Full Throttle, WTB 29/50 Full throttle if anyone is looking to sell PM me

Nice....good to know. So maybe next year when I place my order the wait wont be quite so long! Way to go PSE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast