Thread: 2011 Hoyt Contender Elite vs. Vantage Elite Plus?

2011 Hoyt Contender Elite vs. Vantage Elite Plus?

I am looking at buying a new target rig and I don't know which Hoyt shooting machine to buy. I really like the specs on the Vantage elite with spirals. It's just as fast with a longer brace height and longer axel go axel. It also comes with the new limb pockets. Why get a Contender? Is there something I'm not seeing? Need opinions on which one to get. I will be getting spirals regardless since the gtx cam reminds me of the C2 ultraelite I'm selling.

CE with XT3000 limbs has an AtA of 41.625" and the Vantage Elite Plus has an AtA of 40.5".
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store...not a government agency.

2013 Hoyt Spyder, Snow Camo w/7 pin Spot Hog Hunter/Hoyt ULTRA REST™/Fuse Sidekick stab w/Scott Rhino XT./ Orange Pro Comp Elite, Trophy Taker Rest, CBE sight, X 10 Stabilizers, Mako Pro Release

Ok if you up the limbs on the Contender to 3000's to even out the ATA the IBO falls to 310. I guess I'm wondering is the Contender a better shooter because the Vantage Elite has superior specs.

My research pointed me toward the VE+ and I like it. I think the spiral cams are good BUT you had better be 100% sure about your draw length. My hunting bow (Hoyt) is a 30.5 and I ended up going with a 29.5 or 30 with my cam + 1/2 to get the same feeling. You can't adjust the DL with spirals.

I've had spirals on a few of my ultratecs in the past. The C2 cams I had were DL specific and 28 was right on the button. Im leaning towards the vantage at this point but I want to be absolutely sure.

Went through same thing myself recently, ended up going with the Contender Elite with GTX cams as I preferred the look of it. Was only way I could decide on what one to get after weeks of debating the reviews, specs etc lol

No complaints though, it shoots far better than I ever will

I like the longer riser on the VE+. I would think that would make it a better shooting bow than the contender, but I could be way off. I really wish shops would showcase one of these bows.